MORT : RB S. Alexander For 2006 Draft Pick??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MORT : RB S. Alexander For 2006 Draft Pick???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
This is just one piece of the ESPN Insider article Mort just posted....

"Yet, the Seahawks are dropping hints to teams that they, too, are willing to move Alexander for less than a first-rounder this year. New GM Tim Ruskell might even take a pick in next year's draft, according to league sources."

With that said, Alexander would be a steal IMO. Whoever decides to trade for Alexander will be getting one of the NFL's top RB's at a very resonable price. Why Miami hasn't strongly considered him at this bargain basement price is a beyond me...

Later...

Age, money, cry baby, Sabans faith in his talent evaluation process, thinking he can find a better player than Alexander with a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Offer them a 2006 Third Round pick. For the hell of it. On a base that he works out a deal with us. If he wants too much, screw that, but hey, maybe his agent will tell him to wise up. He does want to play in Miami. Do we have anything to lose right now. It would also help in the taking a QB at #2 theory.

this would put pressure on us to trade/release Sirtain

would we trade Pat for a 4th so that we can get a franchise back and still have all our 2005 picks for other needs?

The only way I would do it is for Surtain straight up. If not, we could trade for him but would have to cut Pat or trade him for horrible value (no one will be willing to part with much if they know we MUST get rid of him). So basically we would be giving up a furure pick and Pat for Alexander plus lose out on a second this year.

Surtain doesn't have anything to do with this trade. We can still trade him to KC this year, and keep that draft pick...

If the Hawks are willing to part with Alexander for less than a 2006 first round pick, I would jump all over that. He's young, very well behaved, and plays his heart out every Sunday. Depending on his price tag{which shouldn't be anymore than a drafted 2005 RB at #2}, how can we lose in this trade???

We wouldn't be giving up ANYTHING in 2005. In the 2006 draft, we'd likely only lose one pick by making this trade. That's assuming the Hawks only want a high second rounder as compensation. It sounds to me as if the Hawks are sick of Alexander, and putting him on the market for a 2006 draft pick is insane on their part IMO...

Later...

Surtain doesn't have anything to do with this trade. We can still trade him to KC this year, and keep that draft pick...

we don't need ccap room to sign Alexander? oh OK

BLITZKRIEG said:

If the Hawks are willing to part with Alexander for less than a 2006 first round pick, I would jump all over that. He's young, very well behaved, and plays his heart out every Sunday. Depending on his price tag{which shouldn't be anymore than a drafted 2005 RB at #2}, how can we lose in this trade???

We wouldn't be giving up ANYTHING in 2005. In the 2006 draft, we'd likely only lose one pick by making this trade. That's assuming the Hawks only want a high second rounder as compensation. It sounds to me as if the Hawks are sick of Alexander, and putting him on the market for a 2006 draft pick is insane on their part IMO...

Later...

We lose the leverage in the Surtain deal. We go from, we can keep him if we want to, to we must get rid of him to stay under cap. KC will no this and Pats value will suffer. We could possibly go from getting a 2nd round pick to a 4th or 5th if they know we MUST move him. So basically we would be losing a 2nd this year.

Back
Top Bottom