Mortensen says... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mortensen says...

mort says that maybe that order.....he is just speculating right now, nothing new.

i like cam and the best part about us getting cam is that hopefully he will get rid of Mularky..... I think cam will be ok here and he will hopefully turn this off. into a productive unit

Cameron gave the ball to the best player in the NFL 8 times in the second half last week.

The funny thing is, if they played Marty ball, they win that game.

I'm not high on him at all.

How about taking a look at the second half play-by-play for that game and telling me when he should have run Tomlinson. It's easy to say he should have run him more when you look at it in a vacuum.

Excluding when they got the ball back with 1:00 remaining, they had only five possessions in the second half (lost two because of the blocked punt and and INT/fumble). The first series he ran Tomlinson on first down. He gained two yards and they were in a 2nd-and-8 situation. He threw on second down. On third down he threw and it was the play where Jackson missed scoring a touchdown by a missed pedicure appointment.

On the second series they had a holding call on the second play of the drive that put them in a 2nd-and-19 situation. He gave Tomlinson a carry that series but obviously a 2nd-and-19 is going to jack things up.

The third series they were driving with back-to-back first downs. The next play was the INT on an intended pass to Tomlinson.

The fourth drive went 83 yards for a touchdown.

The fifth drive he ran Tomlinson on first down for 5 yards. He threw on second down. Of course, you may argue that he should have run there. However, can you imagine if he ran Tomlinson on 2nd and 3rd down and they didn't get a first down. Martyball, Martyball, Martyball. That's all anyone would say.

The fact is, they had very few second half possessions, one of which was derailed by a holding call, and one of which was a touchdown. There are really only two plays where one can argue that Tomlinson should have been handed the ball, the 2nd-and-5 on the last drive, and the ball that was intercepted on the 1st down play in Pats territory during the third drive of the half.

If San Diego had made the plays that they normally make, and not their boneheaded stupid plays, San Diego scored 30+ and Cameron's still the "genius".

Also remember that for much of the second half it was 14-10 and 14-13. It wasn't like they were going to be able to run out the game. Even when they took the 21-13 lead, NE immediately answered.

Would like Mora . . . he has the offensive mind needed to run this team, and with Dom returning as DC . . . I would be happy.
mora is a deffensive minded guy, he was the D coordinator in San Fran... besides he would want to install a WCO.. boo

mort says that maybe that order.....he is just speculating right now, nothing new.

Yes, at this point it is speculation. Thought that was implied when I said he gave no reason for it. But on the contrary, Cameron IS new speculation. Is it not?

yo TROOPLOOP33...you're makin too much sense for 'Myopic Dolphins Fan'...MDF only knows "popularity" not "x's & o's"...don't try to confuse the issue with common sense...MDF doesn't want change; MDF wants a 'pity-party'...makes 'em feel better...losing is like a warm blanket to MDF...go figure..

How about taking a look at the second half play-by-play for that game and telling me when he should have run Tomlinson. It's easy to say he should have run him more when you look at it in a vacuum.

Excluding when they got the ball back with 1:00 remaining, they had only five possessions in the second half (lost two because of the blocked punt and and INT/fumble). The first series he ran Tomlinson on first down. He gained two yards and they were in a 2nd-and-8 situation. He threw on second down. On third down he threw and it was the play where Jackson missed scoring a touchdown by a missed pedicure appointment.

On the second series they had a holding call on the second play of the drive that put them in a 2nd-and-19 situation. He gave Tomlinson a carry that series but obviously a 2nd-and-19 is going to jack things up.

The third series they were driving with back-to-back first downs. The next play was the INT on an intended pass to Tomlinson.

The fourth drive went 83 yards for a touchdown.

The fifth drive he ran Tomlinson on first down for 5 yards. He threw on second down. Of course, you may argue that he should have run there. However, can you imagine if he ran Tomlinson on 2nd and 3rd down and they didn't get a first down. Martyball, Martyball, Martyball. That's all anyone would say.

The fact is, they had very few second half possessions, one of which was derailed by a holding call, and one of which was a touchdown. There are really only two plays where one can argue that Tomlinson should have been handed the ball, the 2nd-and-5 on the last drive, and the ball that was intercepted on the 1st down play in Pats territory during the third drive of the half.

If San Diego had made the plays that they normally make, and not their boneheaded stupid plays, San Diego scored 30+ and Cameron's still the "genius".

Also remember that for much of the second half it was 14-10 and 14-13. It wasn't like they were going to be able to run out the game. Even when they took the 21-13 lead, NE immediately answered.

1st down, Tomlinson 6 yards, 2nd down Inc, 3rd inc, 4th down missed 54 yard field goal to start with.

They never stopped tomlinson, never! He should have touched that ball way more then 8 times in the second half.

the media is ripping the dolphins in oklahoma.

the one thing that pisses me off as a dolphins fan is the way the media trashes maimi dolphins and with the coaching fiasco the roaches are coming out of the woodwork.
one radio host said "maimi will never win another super bowl ,ever,"

also "said mike shula is the joke of the country"

why has it come down to this ? i know the media here is always talking down about the fins and saying we are the most traditionless teams in all of sports.
"the pats ,the bills, and jets, are a three team division "one radio host said

does anybody know how i should respond to this bashing or should i just blow these idiots off? my morale has never been lower since saban took over and he has never impressed me but i am still a dolphins fan and i think we are being killed in the press because noboddy wants to coach for us .

most radio host here are saying chan and shula would be the joke of the nfl and they say don shula is so overated that he isnt a top 35 coach let alone a hallof fame coach.
the bottom line is we are under fire and are looking bad but what i want to know is what as fans can we do about it?
should i call in to the show and does anyone have any witt that i can throw back at them ?

1st down, Tomlinson 6 yards, 2nd down Inc, 3rd inc, 4th down missed 54 yard field goal to start with.

They never stopped tomlinson, never! He should have touched that ball way more then 8 times in the second half.
Agreed, Marty put the game in Rivers hands, and went away from what got him there.

the one thing that pisses me off as a dolphins fan is the way the media trashes maimi dolphins and with the coaching fiasco the roaches are coming out of the woodwork.
one radio host said "maimi will never win another super bowl ,ever,"

also "said mike shula is the joke of the country"

why has it come down to this ? i know the media here is always talking down about the fins and saying we are the most traditionless teams in all of sports.
"the pats ,the bills, and jets, are a three team division "one radio host said

does anybody know how i should respond to this bashing or should i just blow these idiots off? my morale has never been lower since saban took over and he has never impressed me but i am still a dolphins fan and i think we are being killed in the press because noboddy wants to coach for us .

most radio host here are saying chan and shula would be the joke of the nfl and they say don shula is so overated that he isnt a top 35 coach let alone a hallof fame coach.
the bottom line is we are under fire and are looking bad but what i want to know is what as fans can we do about it?
should i call in to the show and does anyone have any witt that i can throw back at them ?

Alright...I'm not the biggest Don Shula fan but that is the most ridiuclous thing I've ever heard anyone say...

Throw these numbers out there:
  • 33 Years as a head coach (15 of those seasons were 14 game seasons and 2 of them were strike shortened so the "wins per season" numer is slightly off)
  • 328 wins (1st all time)
  • 19 playoff appearences
  • 9.93 wins a year for 33 years
  • 2 World Championships
  • 5 Conferance Championships
  • 11 Division Titles
  • A .669 All Time winning percentage
  • A 19-17 playoff record
Those are impressive numbers. Was he a great GM? Nope. That being said, you can not argue his record as a COACH.

Cameron gave the ball to the best player in the NFL 8 times in the second half last week.

The funny thing is, if they played Marty ball, they win that game.

I'm not high on him at all.

The truth is...the Pats ALWAYS get the breaks...the Chargers were the better team...that was obvious...they played better...the Pats stole that game away from them.

The truth is...the int that was fumbled is the main reason they lost that game...in hindsight that safety should have just swatted the ball down...it was 4th and 5...or if you get the int. just fall on the ground...nope...instead he tries to run the ball.

How about Parker...on the punt return...he fumbles the ball...has PLENTY of time to fall on the damn ball...instead he tries to pick it up and run with it...wtf.

The Pats always have things go their way...i don't care what anyone says...they are not a great team...they are good plus with all the breaks they get = a WIN.

I hate that fing team so much.

If those 2 plays don't bounce the Pats way...we would all be saying how good the Chargers played an managed the game.

If anything...I blame Marty on 2 things...1 why did he go on it when it was 4th down and 11 from the Pats 41 yard line in the 1st quarter? It was 0-0 and it was obvioius that the thought his kicker would not make it...well punt the ball...pin the pats deep...instead Rivers gets sacked...momentum changes and the Pats get 3 points.

How about that stupid challenge at the end where Marty lost a timeout. c'mon it was so obvious that the safety was not down by contact...it was a fumble...clearly...why challenge? that 1 time-out would have been very handy at the end.

what a jerk.

Go Fins!!!

Bro, download the man's interview. Here's the transcript.

Interviewer: If it ever works out, if there's an opening, and you're available, we want you to coach the Huskies.
Mora: Well, I really have a lot of respect for Ty, and I know he'll do a great job. But if he ever decides to move on, and get in the NFL or you know, go back to Notre Dame or whatever, if that job's open you'll find me at the friggin' head of the line with my resume in my hand ready to take that job.
Interviewer: If you're available.
Mora: It doesn't even matter if I'm available.
Interviewer: So if you just won the Super Bowl, and it's available, you're there?
Mora: I'd be there
Interviewer: You're there, OK.
Mora: Dewey, I promise you that. Now, I want to see Ty succeed, and I want to see that program succeed. But if he decides at some point that he's ready to move on and they want me, I will be there. I don't care if we're in the middle of a playoff run, I'm packing my stuff and coming back to Seattle.
Interviewer: So, are you saying ...
Mora: You know, it's funny, and I mean that, and I'm dead serious, the further I get away from it the more I'm drawn to it. You know, that's the job I want, so...
Interviewer: You would leave the Falcons for that job?
Mora: Absolutely.
Interviewer: Wow.
Mora: As I'm sitting here, I'm looking at a Huskies helmet

This is while his team is in the middle of a playoff hunt. And you may figure, well maybe he had a sarcastic tone or they were laughing really hard on the show so it had to be a joke, but like I said, download and listen for yourself.

Wow, did Mora's interview get blown out of proportion! If you are able to listen to the entire interview you catch the subtle humor Mora is using with his old college buddy who happens to be the interviewer. What he is saying is funny because it's ridiculous as it is meant to be. It was silly for Mora to even joke about his job but he was being sarcastic. The media cut the interview down to sensationalize it which ruins the context of what is being said.

After dealing with Jerk Saban I would welcome any coach who has a sense of humor and turned around an awful team with a WR/RB playing QB.

Back
Top Bottom