Mortensen says... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mortensen says...

These coaching possibiities are disappointing but out of the three I hope they pick Cam Cameron.

I'm still amazed that the fan favorite of this group is the only one in the group that has a losing record as a head coach.

I still can't believe that Mora is even being considered. We all know that he would much rather be coaching in college, especially Washington. There would have to be a no-leaving-for-college clause in his contract - we don't need another Saban debacle!

But what bothers me about Mora just as much is that he is totally clueless!!! Two examples of his clueless coaching:

1. From the '05 season - His team is in the thick of the playoff race, and he has to use a cell phone to call during a game and find out info on what a tie does for his team's playoff chances!!! Idiotic unpreparedness

2. You have the greatest scrambling/running QB in the history of the NFL, and you constantly call 5- and 7-step dropback pass plays where he gets sacked time and time again.

Please No Mora!!!

It could go in any direction at this point, but my hunch is we're so close to Sunday that they will wait until the Colts/Pats game is over to add at least one more name to the list.

Unless Cam is the one they wanted all along... I don't see this being over in 24 hours.

It amazes me that people continue to look at the past as a glimpse into the future...somebody once said, "past performace is no guarantee of future performance."
You're right, while we're at it I think Rich Kotite got a raw deal, he deserves another shot.

Using your logic, then Bill Bellicheck should have never gotten a chance to redeem himself after failing miserably in Cleveland
People like to bring up Belichick as the patron saint of 2nd-time HC successes. But we all know full well that Bill is the exception, not the rule.

or Pittsburgh was insane for hiring a Special Teams Coach from Kansas City...his name, Bill Cowher.
Cowher was the DC at KC, not STC.

The fact is...whoever we hire will have to make excellent draft picks, bring some creativity to the offense, keep an aging defense playing at a high level (while developing younger replacements), & pickup productive free agents. That will have much more to do with how sucessful the next HC is than his college record.
That we can agree on to an extent.

Back
Top Bottom