• Other

Votes: 36 13.4%

• Total voters
JJ in my book.

-Forced Shula out
-Forced Marino out
-Quit on us after the Jax debacle
-Left us with Wanny as his heir apparent
I have never understood how Johnson is blamed for forcing out Shula or Marino. Johnson was not the teams owner, therefore he certainly wasn’t responsible for the fact Huizenga decided to replace Shula. It just happened that Johnson was the head coach signed to replace Shula .

As much as I loved Marino, he was just a very average QB his last few years in the league and that had nothing to do with Johnson. His knees were shot and he was never the same QB after suffering a ruptured Achilles late in his career.

The regret I most have in regards to Johnson is he just seemed to lose interest in coaching after just a few years in Miami. He was great at rebuilding the defense but with Marino no longer good enough to carry the offense, Johnson did little to rebuild the offense while he was the head coach.

I never was a fan of Wannstedt and Johnson convincing Huizenga to hire Wannstedt to replace him was the one thing that upset me about Johnson’s tenure with the Dolphins.

I have never understood how Johnson is blamed for forcing out Shula or Marino. Johnson was not the teams owner, therefore he certainly wasn’t responsible for the fact Huizenga decided to replace Shula. It just happened that Johnson was the head coach signed to replace Shula .

As much as I loved Marino, he was just a very average QB his last few years in the league and that had nothing to do with Johnson. His knees were shot and he was never the same QB after suffering a ruptured Achilles late in his career.

The regret I most have in regards to Johnson is he just seemed to lose interest in coaching after just a few years in Miami. He was great at rebuilding the defense but with Marino no longer good enough to carry the offense, Johnson did little to rebuild the offense while he was the head coach.

I never was a fan of Wannstedt and Johnson convincing Huizenga to hire Wannstedt to replace him was the one thing that upset me about Johnson’s tenure with the Dolphins.
Huizenga's infatuation with JJ was similar to Ross' with Harbaugh. Shula saw the writing on the wall.

Alot of S. Fla people give Jimmy a pass or overlook his issues because of the great things he did with UM.

Disagree about Marino though. Yes, he was held together with tape, but that doesnt change the fact that JJ tried to separate Dan for the team. Hell, he wouldnt even let Dan run the offense anymore (Though he did anyway)

If you remember, there was alot of talk about Dan going to the Vikings. He could still play, and wanted to. Dan did the classy thing and hung them up.

JJ outright rage-quit on the team.

Sorry. While I understand the deference alot of people give JJ, he'll get none from me.

The guy single handedly put us in a 20 year tailspin by refusing to groom another HC, leaving us with his boy Wanny.

I think you can be a big Dolphins fan yet still support Flo and his lawsuit. I love the team but readily admit that Ross has been an inept owner who has done nearly nothing right. I don’t have the Flo hate that many have because I think he has a point and he has a case against our awful ownership.

As far as worst coaches, Cam Cameron managed to impressively screw up the team in just a single year.

To be fair, most of us wanted Brady Quinn, and Ginn ended up being a lot better of an NFL player.
Quinn went to the Browns. Who in over twenty years have screwed up the qb position repeatedly. I never considered aguy flopping with the Browns as proof of their ability, it's proven that the Browns cannot develop the qb position.

Huizenga's infatuation with JJ was similar to Ross' with Harbaugh. Shula saw the writing on the wall.

Alot of S. Fla people give Jimmy a pass or overlook his issues because of the great things he did with UM.

Disagree about Marino though. Yes, he was held together with tape, but that doesnt change the fact that JJ tried to separate Dan for the team. Hell, he wouldnt even let Dan run the offense anymore (Though he did anyway)

If you remember, there was alot of talk about Dan going to the Vikings. He could still play, and wanted to. Dan did the classy thing and hung them up.

JJ outright rage-quit on the team.

Sorry. While I understand the deference alot of people give JJ, he'll get none from me.

The guy single handedly put us in a 20 year tailspin by refusing to groom another HC, leaving us with his boy Wanny.
I understand your view of Johnson as the Dolphins head coach and I am aware that your opinion of Johnson is shared by many Dolphin fans.

Yet my only issue with Johnson as the HC was him convincing Huizenga to hire Wannstedt to replace him .As far as Marino deciding to retire instead of going to the Vikings or any other team. I believe Marino retired because he was aware he no longer could play at a high level. I watched Marino play his last two years and he simply wasn’t the QB he was earlier in his career. If you want to blame that on Johnson, so be it. i just don’t agree.

So hopefully we can just agree to disagree.

I think you can be a big Dolphins fan yet still support Flo and his lawsuit. I love the team but readily admit that Ross has been an inept owner who has done nearly nothing right. I don’t have the Flo hate that many have because I think he has a point and he has a case against our awful ownership.

As far as worst coaches, Cam Cameron managed to impressively screw up the team in just a single year.
Ross may be an inept owner but Flores was given carte blanche to do whatever the team needed in the short term to play the long game, and he preceeded to eschew any longterm development. Most coaches would dream of what he had and he threw it away epically.

• Wannstedt - Cryptic draft decisions (trading 2nd round picks next year for 3rd round picks this year - and to in-division rivals, refusing to draft positions of need (wide receiver, quarterback) left us in a deep hole by 2005
  • Saban - Passing on Drew Brees, stepping over a fallen Dolphins player and continuing on to his office without comment
  • Cameron - One fortunate reception away from being winless
  • Sparano - Drafted Pat White in the 2nd round a year after taking Chad Henne, overcelebration of field goals
  • Philbin - Never could get Tannehill on track
  • Gase - Kept DeVante Parker in a dog house
  • Flores - Tried to burn the franchise down on the way out

Wannstedt . The decision to keep Fiedler as his starter.
He had the pieces left from Jimmy and wasted those great players.
Standing on the sidelines with that stache looking clueless.
It still gets on my nerves that we have had quite a few clueless looking coaches during a game Wanny,Philbin,Cameron.

Gase was the worst but hated.....not sure who it would be. Lots of candidates here.

Flo by far, no other coach acted as vindictive as Flores.

Though the damage he did to the Dolphins is far less then what he pobably hoped, and even if the damage he did might work against him in the end, the important thing is he is responsible in hurting Miami in 2023.

Last edited:
Wanny was bad but I don't blame him for 20 years of bad Dolphins football. That's just lazy to think that way.

Back
Top Bottom