Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games...

He gets over 100 because we dink and dunk and he doesn't take enough chances. At the end of the day, he doesn't regularly lead an offense that puts enough points on the board.

And these blanket statements prove nothing. There's 11 players on offense. This posts acts as if there's just one.

If he plays bad tomorrow. Tannehill is gone. Think thats actually realistic.

And these blanket statements prove nothing. There's 11 players on offense. This posts acts as if there's just one.

There’s truth in the blanket statement that we don’t score enough points and never have under Tannehill. His career rating is in the 80s not over 100. Even in his highly rated games we don’t score enough

I know. But he's the leader. He's the most important one. Ignore that fact if you like. He's also the one constant on offense of the last 7 years (barring his injuries). Scheme, coaching, surrounding talent etc, the one constant is him, and even at his best, he doesn't regularly lead the team to enough points. He can do it on the odd occasion, but not often enough.

He gets over 100 because we dink and dunk and he doesn't take enough chances. At the end of the day, he doesn't regularly lead an offense that puts enough points on the board.

Try again

The 2016 Miami Dolphins were 6th in the NFL in Net Pass Yards Per Attempt.

I know. But he's the leader. He's the most important one. Ignore that fact if you like.

How about we acknowledge that fact while recognizing he is not the only one?

He's also the one constant on offense of the last 7 years (barring his injuries). Scheme, coaching, surrounding talent etc, the one constant is him

No, crappy OL play is the one constant.

, and even at his best, he doesn't regularly lead the team to enough points. He can do it on the odd occasion, but not often enough.

When he has decent protection they win. Period.

Do we run the ball well enough often enough to win consistently? Do we play defense well enough often enough to win consistently?

How about we acknowledge that fact while recognizing he is not the only one?

No, crappy OL play is the one constant.

When he has decent protection they win. Period.

Do we run the ball well enough often enough to win consistently? Do we play defense well enough often enough to win consistently?
Nope, we don't do those things consistently either. Which is why those players get changed. And why he should be too.

Personally, I have seen more than enough and is time to move on regardless. He's not a leader and has a slow CPU compared to top QBs. That's not going to change, genetics are involved.

Even when he has a statistically good game (QB rating) the Dolphins offense still usually only musters 20 or so points. For example, against Buffalo Miami's offense had 6 of 11 drives go 3 and out (one was a one and out on interception) and was 2 of 9 on 3rd downs and only mustered 175 total yards.

Whereas QBs like Cam Newton's the QB rating doesn't reflect how good he actually played, Tannehill's QB rating often doesn't reflect how poorly he actually played.

Whereas QBs like Cam Newton's the QB rating doesn't reflect how good he actually played, Tannehill's QB rating often doesn't reflect how poorly he actually played.
This statement is the perfect example of an agenda driven post. What you say is that Tannehill is worse than his numbers indicate, other QBs are better than their numbers indicate. That’s laughable.

Grandpa, were the Dolphins ever good?

Well, let me tell you about "the stretch" in 2016...

This made me giggle. "The stretch" is about all he's ever done.

Please don't come at me with other things he has supposedly done, I'm being slightly hyperbolic.

Hoping he plays well today but I just can't imagine it. It'll be the coaches, ol, receivers, and defenses fault of course.

Back
Top Bottom