Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Important Quality Tannehill Needs To Show These Last Games...

Tannehill said on that int he put it exactly where he wanted to. I don’t agree with the poor coverage read portion of that either. I just don’t think stills game is stop and climb the ladder. And I think that was what Tannehill was trying to do. Get him to stop box out the safety and climb the ladder.

Looked like stills carried it a few yards further thinking lead me.

Either way tanny owns it I just don’t think it was a bad coverage read or decision outside of maybe the wrong wr for the ask based on the throw.

Fits a dvp ask however

These are the types of throws I would like to see more of from the Tannehill. The Bills check to tampa 2 but Tannehill doesn't let that dictate where he wants to go, more aggressive throws anticipating coverage gaps, that's the elite type of stuff that separate Qbs reading from a manual and the ones who create their own manual.

Biggest take away for me is he feels not inclined to take a pay cut. Which says to me he feels he has other options.

It’s gonna be hard to get a guy to take a cut if they finish with a top 15 qbr. I know it’s not the end all be all but it is a solid qb efficiency rating tool. Currently 13th

And 11 games is more than enough of a sample size to rate the qb play off of. Assuming he stays healthy these next 4.

Gase's offenses makes it hard to judge the QB and I believe right now we are in the top 3 as far as screen efficiency both Brock's and Ryan's Qbr are inflated. I bet Parker or Stills get vocal again before the season's over.

Willingness to accept a restructure and mentor a young QB in order to stay in Miami another year or two. Also is that NOT an illegal low hit to RT’s knees?

I'm more forgiving on QBs getting sacked on inside pressure but I'd like to see him be more active when firing his feet so he scan the field/ create better throwing windows and be more ready to elude the rush. WTF Jesse Davis his technique is horrible, he needs to have more torso lean, more knee bend and more of his weight on the balls of his feet, I thought he needed more ass but his technique is horrible, no wonder he has no balance .

I'm more forgiving on QBs getting sacked on inside pressure but I'd like to see him be more active when firing his feet so he scan the field/ create better throwing windows and be more ready to elude the rush. WTF Jesse Davis his technique is horrible, he needs to have more torso lean, more knee bend and more of his weight on the balls of his feet, I thought he needed more *** but his technique is horrible, no wonder he has no balance .

Unfortunately Ryan can’t multitask like that..It’s either one or the other, the few times Ryan does escape pressure, you will notice it is usually after he goes through his reads and then realizes he’s got defenders bearing down on him and he slips out, and if he does escape then he can recalibrate and do what he does best, which is to throw on the run to both sides.

Tannehill said on that int he put it exactly where he wanted to. I don’t agree with the poor coverage read portion of that either. I just don’t think stills game is stop and climb the ladder. And I think that was what Tannehill was trying to do. Get him to stop box out the safety and climb the ladder.

Looked like stills carried it a few yards further thinking lead me.

Either way tanny owns it I just don’t think it was a bad coverage read or decision outside of maybe the wrong wr for the ask based on the throw.

Fits a dvp ask however

Tanny had no eye discipline on that play, Hyde just watched his eyes,he got the jump from the very beginning, Stills killed White on that double move if Tanny wanted that while starring him down then that ball needed less arc and more velocity. DVP would of climbed that ladder tho.

These are the types of throws I would like to see more of from the Tannehill. The Bills check to tampa 2 but Tannehill doesn't let that dictate where he wants to go, more aggressive throws anticipating coverage gaps, that's the elite type of stuff that separate Qbs reading from a manual and the ones who create their own manual.

I agree. There are times when he plays to not make mistakes and that irritates me endlessly. And to answer the question of the OP - win games!! He does that, he will be back...

I agree. There are times when he plays to not make mistakes and that irritates me endlessly. And to answer the question of the OP - win games!! He does that, he will be back...

Hyde was probably gonna go to that side anyway because of how that play was set up, so Tanny gotta beat the safety with that throw, I don't think his arm is healthy.

I'm more forgiving on QBs getting sacked on inside pressure but I'd like to see him be more active when firing his feet so he scan the field/ create better throwing windows and be more ready to elude the rush. WTF Jesse Davis his technique is horrible, he needs to have more torso lean, more knee bend and more of his weight on the balls of his feet, I thought he needed more *** but his technique is horrible, no wonder he has no balance .

You can’t see the route concepts there and what you can see at least sure looks like they are taking long time developing vertical stems. It would however be odd on 3rd and 16 backed up at your own what 2 yard line to call something that takes a while to develop and all vertical concepts.

All-22 shows Stills destroying White on the double move

I’m not really sure what kind of different eye discipline you are looking for on that. He carries out the fake with his back turned to to the action like he should turns to pick up his target and gears down to set his feet and throw it. I mean what are we never gonna even look at the target on that?

That balls got a little more loft than ideal I’d say which very well may be arm health related. Like to see that ripped on a little bit more of a line. Or if it’s run under ask deeper and with more loft. It’s kinda a in between ball. If the goal is to beat the safety before he gets over it needs more line if it’s run by it needs more distance and loft.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not really sure what kind of different eye discipline you are looking for on that. He carries out the fake with his back turned to to the action like he should turns to pick up his target and gears down to set his feet and throw it. I mean what are we never gonna even look at the target on that?

That balls got a little more loft than ideal I’d say which very well may be arm health related. Like to see that ripped on a little bit more of a line. Or if it’s run under ask deeper and with more loft. It’s kinda a in between ball. If the goal is to beat the safety before he gets over it needs more line if it’s run by it needs more distance and loft.

Found the All- 22 version

I just don’t know what he could do different there short of throw it blind. Pre snap Hyde is on the opposite hash that’s tanny pre snap read the safety alignment once he ids the coverage post snap Hyde just flows to the boot action and then comes across yes he’s following the qbs eyes late there but damn what else can tanny do?

It’s not like he was late releasing that or that he carried the action too far.

I think it’s either ball needs to be more on a line slight loft rope or ball needs to be deeper with more loft to try and take it by the coming across safety.

I’m not really sure why gase can’t develop less taxing his arm vertical but horizontal in nature concepts.

It’s like these calls are being made with a 100 percent throwing arm expectation.

U can't look at the target that long on a play fake and he threw a half second too late.

Back
Top Bottom