Most Impressive Nfl Player You Watched Or Played Against When They Were In Hs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Impressive Nfl Player You Watched Or Played Against When They Were In Hs

martigan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What player have you watched in person in HS that was a beast?... not in the NFL or college, but a beast in HS.

This one is going to be a little weird, but mine was Cade McNown, the QB that was a bust up in Chicago. I watched him play safety when he was a sophomore and he was just laying players out left and right. He also played backup QB and started at running back. This was at San Benito HS in California before he moved to Oregon for his senior year. His junior year was nothing spectacular and the team was primarily a running offense.

What future NFL player have you played against that was a beast?

Rhett Hall. I played against him in HS and JC. He terrorized our team. We couldn't run to the right because of him. I went to block him out in JC ball and he laid me out...knocked me off my feet and I struggled to breathe for a bit.

Second on that list is Jeff Garcia, Rhett Hall's teammate. He was all over the place.

Thurman Thomas was the best I ever played against in high school. Although we beat his Willowridge team 42-0 in the quarterfinals in '83.

We went undefeated (15-0) and only allowed 47 points during the regular season, and only 21 during the playoffs (we scored 495 points). We beat Estacado 30-0 in the championship game. Our 1983 Bay City team was one of the best high school teams ever in the state of Texas in my opinion. I played with Hart Lee Dykes, Simon Fletcher, and Joe DeLoach.

Also played baseball with Hart Lee for Bay City. DeLoach was more of a track guy though....fastest human I've ever seen. He went on to beat Carl Lewis for a gold medal in the '88 Olympics.

I was a baseball guy, but ...

My dad played against Kenny Easley when he was in HS. He's told the story so many times I know it by heart. Easley was a RB in HS and pops went full force with his helmet into Easley's thigh and got knocked unconcsious. He came to as Kenny was helping him up after he scored the TD. Dad was a 4 way athlete (college scholarships for baseball, basketball, football, and golf) and he said after that hit he ripped up all the offers from the football schools. Ended up going basketball because of that one play.

My little bros played on the same team as Dee Hart and Ha Ha Clinton Dix. Dix was unstoppable in HS. He was in on every single play. I sweated my monkey ass off on those crappy metal bleachers to watch him play.

Griffey's daughter was the most impressive I've seen. When she was like 10 she'd take on 4 or 5 of her older bro's friends and it was a clinic every time. Girl was incredible. Too bad she wasn't bigger and her body didn't hold out.

Last edited:
Played against Bucky Dent in football and baseball. Elvis Pea**** was on the JC squad when I was a senior at Miami Central HS. Curt Thomas of olympic fame tried out for the team but wasn't very good so he did gymnastic stuff and won several gold medals in the Olympics.
Played golf with Tony Nathan with O.J. Simpson in the group ahead of us.
Partied with K.C. and the sunshine band but that's another story :)

Watched Christian McCaffrey play in the 2013 Colorado State Championship game, he was a man amongst boys

I didn't personally see him play or play against him but this guy is legend.

s-l300.jpg

Back
Top Bottom