Most Likely AFC East Standings After Week 2? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Likely AFC East Standings After Week 2?

What Will Be the Standings Going into WEEK 3?

• MIA 2-0, NYJ 1-1, BUF 0-2, NE 0-2

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • BUF 1-1, MIA 1-1, NE, 1-1, NYJ 0-2

Votes: 70 57.9%
  • MIA 2-0, NE 1-1, NYJ 0-2, BUF 0-2

Votes: 41 33.9%
  • BUF 1-1, MIA 1-1, NYJ 1-1, NE 0-2

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am hoping we pull out the win. Come on, X! I have got your back! Dolphins 2-0, and the Pats beat the Jets.

Xavien Howard No GIF by Miami Dolphins

I predict a 3 way tie at the top of the division

Buf, Fins, Pats all 1-1.
I fear you are correct. But if that is the way it plays out we are no longer in contention for the division IMO and will play the rest of the year chasing a wildcard. Losing at home vs the bills puts us down 2.5 games to them and that is not something we can overcome. If we can't beat them at home in the heat we won't beat them up there which means they sweep us. I said when I saw the schedule this is BY FAR the most important game on the schedule. If we win this week we have a realistic shot at being in contention for the division. We would not be up, just holding serve, as we still have to play them up there. The bills play Pitt and KC, while we play the raiders and ravens. Those are the only games different on our schedules due to where we finish the previous year. So if we split with the Bills, and split with the raiders and ravens and KC beats the bills all we have to do is win the same games the bills win to end up a game ahead. If the bills beats KC we need to sweep ravens and raiders to have the advantage.
This game is HUGE and I think we saw very little of our offense vs the pats. We could afford to lose the pats game although it was certainly important, but it was not close to as important as this week. This is as close to a "must win" game as is possible for a week 2 match up.

I fear you are correct. But if that is the way it plays out we are no longer in contention for the division IMO and will play the rest of the year chasing a wildcard. Losing at home vs the bills puts us down 2.5 games to them and that is not something we can overcome. If we can't beat them at home in the heat we won't beat them up there which means they sweep us. I said when I saw the schedule this is BY FAR the most important game on the schedule. If we win this week we have a realistic shot at being in contention for the division. We would not be up, just holding serve, as we still have to play them up there. The bills play Pitt and KC, while we play the raiders and ravens. Those are the only games different on our schedules due to where we finish the previous year. So if we split with the Bills, and split with the raiders and ravens and KC beats the bills all we have to do is win the same games the bills win to end up a game ahead. If the bills beats KC we need to sweep ravens and raiders to have the advantage.
This game is HUGE and I think we saw very little of our offense vs the pats. We could afford to lose the pats game although it was certainly important, but it was not close to as important as this week. This is as close to a "must win" game as is possible for a week 2 match up.
Agreed, this game decides if Miami goes on the divisional path or on the wildcard path.

I think the Phins have a shot this week. The key is to not fall behind early. Keep it close so the offense isn’t forced to throw.

Realistically, I think the Bills win and the Pats win and there is a 3-way tie at 1-1.

As much as I would love to see the Phins beat the Bills, I just don't think this young team has matured enough to perform at a level needed in a game like this, especially with the Bills coming off a loss. They need to build on what they have started and then next year will be the year for them to make some serious noise.

Flores has this game circled i bet, 0-4 vs Buffalo with them averaging 38 ppg during his tenure. That's gotta be killing him because defense is his thing. Then of course embarrassed again last year to make the playoffs. I have a hunch the gameplan was (at least defensively) vs NE was pretty basic because he's waiting to unleash some wrinkles on the Bills.

Flores has this game circled i bet, 0-4 vs Buffalo with them averaging 38 ppg during his tenure. That's gotta be killing him because defense is his thing. Then of course embarrassed again last year to make the playoffs. I have a hunch the gameplan was (at least defensively) vs NE was pretty basic because he's waiting to unleash some wrinkles on the Bills.

Flores may have this game circled, but if he doesn't have the horses he is not going to be able wish this game to a victory.

Unfortunately, it will again come down to our offensive line. Can they win their man-to-man battles and pick up the stunts? We have got to be able to run the ball and control the game. If Buffalo wins the TOP then our defense will be gassed and crumbling in the heat.

Flores may have this game circled, but if he doesn't have the horses he is not going to be able wish this game to a victory.

Unfortunately, it will again come down to our offensive line. Can they win their man-to-man battles and pick up the stunts? We have got to be able to run the ball and control the game. If Buffalo wins the TOP then our defense will be gassed and crumbling in the heat.

Agree, but add pass rush

I think both teams will want the TOP to counter the effects of the heat. For us to have a chance to keep the Bills from 30+ plus points we need a fresh defense.

Would love to see MIA win this game, but I see BUF DEF putting way too much pressure on TUA with our OL ….

Our only chance in this game is the DEF getting TOs ….

Back
Top Bottom