Most people are worried about Mannings arm strength but my main concern is..........? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most people are worried about Mannings arm strength but my main concern is..........?

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
I am sure Manning will regain most of his arm strength and his accuracy has never been a problem but a huge concern should be how he will take a hit. When Manning gets drilled into the turf at full speed and he lands on his shoulder and neck area what will happen? Can he still really take a hit and get back up with no problems? Manning is a tuff guy and has played through many injuries but this is different. It would be sad to sign him for huge money only to have him go down on the first real hit he takes.:err:

I'm more concerned that we'll have to conform to him rather than him to us. I've waited a long time to bring the WCO to Miami only to never have it appear if we're going to run Manning's "offense" instead of what our coaches know. So Manning will be teaching our coaches his offense instead of the other way around and that makes no sense to me. That's my concern.

I'm more concerned that we'll have to conform to him rather than him to us. I've waited a long time to bring the WCO to Miami only to never have it appear if we're going to run Manning's "offense" instead of what our coaches know. So Manning will be teaching our coaches his offense instead of the other way around and that makes no sense to me. That's my concern.

Manning's track record >>>> our coaches...get your notepad out philbin.

But honestly , a good coach will adapt to his players strengths and skill set. You run into trouble when your coach starts trying to fit personnel into his own idea instead of the other way around.

Every NFL player is one big hit from ending their football career.

I am sure Manning will regain most of his arm strength and his accuracy has never been a problem but a huge concern should be how he will take a hit. When Manning gets drilled into the turf at full speed and he lands on his shoulder and neck area what will happen? Can he still really take a hit and get back up with no problems? Manning is a tuff guy and has played through many injuries but this is different. It would be sad to sign him for huge money only to have him go down on the first real hit he takes.:err:

According to what I've heard on ESPN and the NFL Network is there is a strong possibility he will be even better after the fusion. The logic being, since two vertebrae are fused together, they are in fact now stronger than before. Shrug.

Back
Top Bottom