Motorsports | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Motorsports

I bought a GoPro Max camera for my kart. Here’s my first 360 video. One camera to get any angle. Pretty cool. Unfortunately I ended my good run when I got into the back of the kart in front of me and took us both out of the competitive racing.

How do you like the 360? I have one, but have had nothing but problems trying to load video's

How do you like the 360? I have one, but have had nothing but problems trying to load video's

I think it will be a big advantage for me going forward. It looks like you really need a good mobile device for editing though. The gopro editing software is designed for phones or tablets. Editing the video from PC using gopro pc app or Resolve is cumbersome. But with a good tablet I will be able to review 360 video right after session for those moments where you wondered what the hell happened. I'm going to mount to back seat strut for race this weekend and see if I can get a better back video than from front cowling. Haven't totally figured out editing software because I have a iphone 7 and its pretty small to do editing. Once I get it all figured out I can share with you.

I'm starting to get a pretty good following on Youtube and the first 360 video got several hours of viewing time in first 24 hours. Hoping to get local tire sponsor and include their logo in all of our videos going forward next year. If the camera can pay for some tires I will really be liking it. :UP:

Last edited:

My brother obliterated the 53 kart. Just missed me by inches. 40 mph head on collision. The 53 kart was a brand new Arrow 4S ($3,000). It was junk after that hit.

Mychron 5 data logging info on crash showed my brother doing 47 mph when he made first contact. He never slowed past 15 mph. That means he moved the stopped kart more than 15 mph in opposite direction at impact. The law of physics. Stopped object receives all the energy of impact. My brothers kart was fine after bending back some bumper bars.

I think it will be a big advantage for me going forward. It looks like you really need a good mobile device for editing though. The gopro editing software is designed for phones or tablets. Editing the video from PC using gopro pc app or Resolve is cumbersome. But with a good tablet I will be able to review 360 video right after session for those moments where you wondered what the hell happened. I'm going to mount to back seat strut for race this weekend and see if I can get a better back video than from front cowling. Haven't totally figured out editing software because I have a iphone 7 and its pretty small to do editing. Once I get it all figured out I can share with you.

I'm starting to get a pretty good following on Youtube and the first 360 video got several hours of viewing time in first 24 hours. Hoping to get local tire sponsor and include their logo in all of our videos going forward next year. If the camera can pay for some tires i will really be lining it. :UP:
I am using my laptop to edit, and its just difficult. Havent done anything in about 8 months, so I should give it another crack.

I am using my laptop to edit, and its just difficult. Havent done anything in about 8 months, so I should give it another crack.

I am going to upgrade my iPhone 7 to an Ipad 11 Pro next week. Since I'm retired I don't need to carry a phone around all the time. The bigger screen and capability with new camera will make my life easier.

Finally figured out how to use the Go Pro Player for PC to give 360 rotational views during a 1080p movie.
Had to create 3 segments using Go Pro Player then join them together using Resolve to cover whole race.

I start 3rd in a mixed class of junior, senior and masters. The 20 kart moves from the back of pack to win senior and finish the race first. I get some pretty good video of his moves thru the pack. Braden wins Junior (2nd overall) and I win Masters (3rd). My kart was fast and hung with the senior kart despite the extra weight. Braden and I ran our fastest lap times at the track during this race.

Ran my first rain race on my asphalt kart yesterday at Buckeye Karting Challenge. It rained all day and conditions were horrible. This clip is the Final at white flag. I was slow enough that leaders lapped me. It was a totally different animal driving on the slick surface. I sucked.

Despite finishing last (19 of 19) I had accumulated enough points in the season series to sit in 2nd place before race. The guys chasing me finished 7, 9 and 10 and came up short of catching me. My brother was a point behind and 2 others 4 points behind. On cool down lap I realized that I had kept my 2nd place standing and decided to celebrate with a ride through one of the deepest puddles on track.

F1 getting interesting now. I root for lewis, but I root for good racing and storylines more. So now Lewis is on the back foot, it's gonna be fun watching him try to overcome that deficit to Max for title #8. If he was cruising to it like other years, I would barely care. Also hope to see Perez keep improving, my brother's wife is Mexican so we root hard for him as well, good guy.

On a side note, I don't follow nascar too much but glad to see Larsen was able to make a comeback after his incident. I'm all for second chances, especially when remorse and amends are involved. Feel the same about Vick.

Super Nationals 24 Finals today in Vegas. The best 2 cycle kart racers going at it for the ultimate in honors.

The finals will be streamed on Facebook and on Youtube. I'll post the link when it becomes available.

@Fins1971 congrats on the double podium (you and brother i mean)! Looks like you are living the dream, very cool.

So now F1 is down to last race in Abu Dhabi coming up, Max and Lewis on equal points, highest finisher takes the title. Lewis would be his 8th title, a new record over Schumacher's 7th. Max Verstappen it would be his first, which he absolutely would deserve. These two drivers are both head and shoulders above the field IMO. Maybe some younger guys in lesser cars could hang with em, but lesser cars make it hard to tell for the time being.

@Fins1971 congrats on the double podium (you and brother i mean)! Looks like you are living the dream, very cool.

So now F1 is down to last race in Abu Dhabi coming up, Max and Lewis on equal points, highest finisher takes the title. Lewis would be his 8th title, a new record over Schumacher's 7th. Max Verstappen it would be his first, which he absolutely would deserve. These two drivers are both head and shoulders above the field IMO. Maybe some younger guys in lesser cars could hang with em, but lesser cars make it hard to tell for the time being.
Yeah, it should be a great end to season for them. Everything on the line in last race.

Back
Top Bottom