Motorsports

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Listened to Chase Elliot win the All Star Race last night on the drive back from Georgia. In Dawsonville they had a legendary bar that pays tribute to Bill Elliot. We were going to stop in for a beer but they were remodeling and it wasn’t open. Million bucks for Chase, not a bad evening of work.

Back in Ohio today. We got a good portion of the rental fleet at AMP back running before we left Georgia. The service manager was appreciative of our help. He let us run the rental kart several times. We also both got some time on a prototype rental that they were building. It had different clutch, no muffler and was much faster that standard rental karts. It was a blast.

We also worked a deal with him to comeback in winter months and exchange mechanic work for track time on our own karts. Can’t wait to get my kart on that track.

Loading up toy hauler today to head to Buckeye Challenge race number 2 this weekend in eastern Ohio. After week off from competition I’m ready to race.

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
2 days of practice at Adkin Raceway preparing for today’s race. Found some good speed and figured out this track pretty quickly. Running consistent 34 second laps. The favorite is about a 1/10 second faster so we have some work to do today.

I have big bruise welt on my right elbow from banging on the engine through rough turns. It’s an abrasive track that will beat the Hell out of you. Has banked 180 degree Monza turn You hit at Full speed that creates 3g’s Of lateral force. Got my elbow pad on for rest of event. 100 degree heat index today so it going to be brutal.

fishfanmiami

Yes I am a Pirate
Administrator
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
2 days of practice at Adkin Raceway preparing for today’s race. Found some good speed and figured out this track pretty quickly. Running consistent 34 second laps. The favorite is about a 1/10 second faster so we have some work to do today.

I have big bruise welt on my right elbow from banging on the engine through rough turns. It’s an abrasive track that will beat the Hell out of you. Has banked 180 degree Monza turn You hit at Full speed that creates 3g’s Of lateral force. Got my elbow pad on for rest of event. 100 degree heat index today so it going to be brutal.
Keep hydrated bro. That heat is a killer

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Took 3rd in first heat race and 2nd in second heat race. The 2 finishes put me on the first row outside starting 2nd in the feature race. Been there once before about a year ago and wasn’t able get the win. It took a year of hard work to get that opportunity again.

The track has 7 turns to negotiate and the feature race was 12 laps. 84 turns to navigate. I had the fastest lap time in the feature but made mistakes on 2 of the 84 turns. Those mistakes cost me 2 spots (finished 4th) and never really had a chance to challenge the winner of race.

To win you need a fast kart but you also have to drive a nearly flawless race. I’ll learn from my mistakes and keep trying till I reach that near perfection. I learned a lot this weekend.

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score

Feature race 5 karts in a line with one lap to go. Kart in 2nd tries to make the pass but it doesn't work out. We were all so close all day long in heat races and feature turned out the same. I finish 4th with my brother right in front of me.

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score

Qualified 6th out of 22 at Whiteland on Sunday. My kart was fast. In pre-final the 2 lead karts made contact and I had to drive off the track to avoid contact. The Orange Cones stopped my kart and I finished 16th after getting it back going. I recovered in feature and finished right behind my brother (7th and 8th) nose to tail once again. I'll take a top half finish after suffering some bad luck in pre-final.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom