Motorsports | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Motorsports

903,000 viewers..not bad..I enjoyed watching. Since I'm a iracer I'm biased..lol

Don’t have FOX Sports so I didn’t get to see it. They are doing similar iraces with the local karting guys. I don’t have fast enough internet to join the fun.

They had the race on Fox today and I was able to watch the start and first 20 laps. If you didn’t know it was simulation you could barely tell. Not the same to me without the risk of a real crash. They can be more aggressive than in real racing and then just hit the reset if it goes bad. No risk for injury. To me that is the thing that makes racing so fantastic. The risk makes your adrenaline surge. My brother has x-box racing game and chair/steering. It works your arms and vision steering control well but doesn’t give you the adrenaline surge you get when you are next to 20-40 racers and your life is on the line.

That's all true for sure. In league racing we don't get damage redo.. so if you make mistake on the track and other drivers are involved it's about the worst feeling. I have similar rig as Dale jr. Direct drive wheel ..no gears or pulley ..just 13nm motor with its own separate processor which sends info to steering wheel. Of course any wheel will work fine.

1585670465386.jpeg

Spent the morning cleaning up a track water rig that was donated to my track yesterday. That is the thing I love most about karting. More experienced and knowledge racers will share information and equipment to help the overall cause of racing. My track just got faster.

I'm jealous! My wife got me 18 laps at Pocono racetrack fo 40 th birthday..was a blast!

That sounds like fun and had to cost a good bit. She must love you. I ran an arrive and race karting business for the last 2 years. Decided to get out of it this year and concentrate on just racing rather than crew chiefing for other drivers.

Holy **** that trash pump works well for creating drainage. I usually use garden hose and run water while I shovel a channel to create a drain. With this having so much pressure you can create your own ditch by spraying the ground. Also did a small test with just a 50 ft hose dosing track like you would the day before race from my catch pond. I was able to totally soak an 1/8 of the track in about 15 minutes. Basically I can make it rain now.

Learned a lot about maintaining dirt race track this week. The person who donated the track watering equipment asked if his 2 kids could come over and get some practice in on my track. I spent the last few days watering and removing high spots in preparation. Once I got the everything level and clean of dust (leaf blower) we watered the hell out of it. As soon as you can walk on the track without picking up clay after that you need to run in the track. I spent an hour or so driving a Truck around the track from outside to inside moving in a tire width every lap until the whole track has all the moisture pressed into the clay. Very time consuming. But when you do it right it results in a smooth fast track. Was a very satisfying day to see those kids enjoying themselves in the middle of all this crisis. Made every minute of work worth it.

1586056538500.jpeg
Here’s the first run. 275 gallons of water distributed with trash pump thru PVC sprayer. Depending on valve setting you have 3-6 minutes and water is dispersed on track. Beats the hell out of 2 people at each end watering turns with garden hose. Worked well.

1586125661259.jpeg
My track is starting to look like a road after running karts for 2 days. We had 5 karts on it today after heavy rain last night. We ran a 100 lap race which my brother won. He got to my tail after 50 laps. But he couldn’t lap me. I ran my best lap on lap 92 with him pushing me. I am tired. 100 lap race was like 25 minutes in a blender.

My brother set new track record at 13.99 today. It was cloudy today here. We watered 2 times to keep track moist. When second watering was just about soaked it it started to sprinkle. We got on the track before it got too wet and started to run it in. After 15 laps the bottom end came in and 5 laps later the top. After that I held him off for 20 laps but he finally got around me and went on to his best lap time and track record. I also ran my best time. Track is getting awesome.

Back
Top Bottom