Motorsports | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Motorsports

Yep, it looks like some sports are starting to come back. Big race weekend here. We have 6-8 karts coming over on Saturday to run on my backyard track. Then Sunday morning in Indiana NCMP starts its season racing series. Can’t wait to finally try my new kart in competition on Sunday.

What a freaking awesome day. We may get rained out at New Castle tomorrow but even if we do if will be and awesome racing weekend.

one of the best karters in the region came over today. He ran my Orange Blossom for close to 200 laps in 4 sessions trying to get it faster. He made changes to kart and kept getting it faster and beat my brother who had been 2/10 faster than my kart on average. We learned a lot today. Now it’s up to me to drive it like he did. I followed him for many laps and saw how he was driving the kart into the turns. It was invaluable experience.

Rain moved out of area early this morning and asphalt race went on today with about hour delay. Good thing I had a hangover from last night and didn’t want to wake up at 5 am. It was a rough drive to track but once there I got energized.

Our new karts were like night and day from what we had been driving. Much more corner speed in all of the turns. We moved up a few packs from last year first time out in new karts. Very encouraging.

Got some awesome video from the weekend but the track asked to not post anything on social media. They don't want public pressure to shut them down again. I'll hold my video's until this stay at home stuff is cancelled.

Well they shutdown the track in Indiana last night so it doesn't matter if I post videos from the race this past Sunday.
This short video shows an early morning practice. The karts in front make contact and one kart spins in front of me.
Last year in this same situation I tried to make it through corner and made contact with spun kart and jumped off track bending frame of my kart.
This time I drove off the track immediately to avoid the contact and saved my kart for feature race. Got a bit wet. LOL.

Video compilation from last weeks race. We had awesome qualifying round going and then the kart in front of us lost his brakes and cost us our fastest lap. Dan qualified 22 and me 24th out of 37 karts. Would have been in the teens. In the race I was right behind Dan to start but got behind a slower driver and lost contact with the pack Dan was in. 7 karts in his pack pulled away from the few in mine. Drafting is that critical at this track. 2 karts are always faster than one lone kart as you see in one part of video where I get passed. Dan ended up finishing 18th which is a top half finish with 37 karts. I finished 23rd. I moved 10 seconds closer to winner from my last years attempts and got close to that top half finish. Kart is night and day from what I was driving last year.

Listened to the Real Hero's 400 from Darlington on radio driving back from Michigan yesterday. Was good to actually have some live sports for first time in several months. Kevin Harvick blew away the competition for his 50th NASCAR win. He was dominating back a year or so ago and then he bucked the NASCAR system. They took away a victory for illegal spoiler and looked like they had his number. God to see him finally get back into winners circle.

Love my motor racing. Bought up with it. dad has had his race car since 1967, and I did a quick tidy up last year of the old girl. Our V8 Supercars have been in lockdown since the F1 GP in early March.. Everything has stopped sports wise bar horse racing - which I hate. Our V8s are struggling for $$. At least 1 team has folded, and one, maybe 2 more are doubtful to return in July. The TV rights are costing a mint. Channel 10, our national free to air broadcaster are walking away at the end of the year, and FOX, the other partner, have lost 70 million over the past 4 years. Its the same everywhere sadly.

Kart racing will resume in June in the state of Ohio. The Buckeye Karting Challenge (state championship) had to move its first date from May to October due to virus and lockdowns. The first of 6 races at 6 different tracks will start on June 13-14 weekend. I can’t wait.

Last year I raced in 2 of the 6 races to get my feet wet and see what the series was like. We liked the format and tracks so much that we have decided to compete in all 6 races this year and see where we stack up against competition in the state. There are 3 tracks that I have never raced on. Should be lots of fun and a great learning experience.

More great news. Indian Governor opened restriction starting today. NCMP is racing on Sunday KRA#3. My brother and I are taking his toy hauler there on Saturday. We plan to practice 3-4 sessions to be ready for racing on Sunday. Racing happens early at this track on Sunday morning. Since I live 100 miles away it makes sense to spend the night. His camper will make it less stressful. Plus there is a steak joint close by that has some waitress talent after practice on Saturday night.

Still on a social media quarantine (due to virus) from kart track in Indiana so cant post any videos from weekend racing activities.

Got my first top half finish ever at this track finishing 18 of 42 karts. I avoided a big wreck on second lap and was up to 12th place a third of the way thru race. Then some of the fast guys involved in wreck picked me off and I moved back a few spots. Was a very positive experience finishing way up compared to previous races. My brother passed me on 4th lap and was keepin up with top ten. Then with 3 to go he was involved in wreck and ended up behind me in 19th to end the race.

Heading into the Buckeye Karting Challenge this weekend up near Cleveland on a high from last weekends results. Never raced the track before but it will be much slower, tighter and less kart count than last weekend. Should be fun.

BKC.jpg

If you would have posted this in the lounge you would have gotten a lot more views brother 71

Back
Top Bottom