Motorsports | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Motorsports

Already convinced my wife we need another vacation to Miami in 2022. She'll be coming to race day, for quali, told her i'll take the kid and she can go shopping without us in tow. We have a deal. Friday practice I may just have to let go.

Here's the track layout for the 2022 Miami Grand Prix right next to Hard Rock Stadium :hclap:

P.S. So far F1 and MotoGP have been excellent this year. MotoGP coverage on cable sucks though, you need the MotoGP videopass to see Moto3 and Moto2, which are often the best races (Moto3 is always elbows out the entire time). Also, American Joe Roberts is FAST in Moto2. Got a ride on a top team this year after breaking out last year, and led for awhile last week. He was even offered an Aprilia MotoGP spot which he turned down to win in Moto2 first.
JR_Ital.jpgJR2.jpg

MotoGP at the moment is the best racing on the planet IMO. superfast, tight, close. Cannot get any better than that.

Amen to this. I typically save Moto3 for that witching hour on sunday where you know work is impending, because it's always so damn good it could take your mind off a stroke.

Last edited:
Loading up trailer for race in Indiana tomorrow at New Castle. I’m racing in 2 classes this time. Masters and Super Heavy. Should get some interesting data on laps times with same setup carrying 370 and 400 lbs. With 8% increase in weight how much will it effect lap times. It’s a long track (mile) and lap times are typically 82-85 seconds at 370

Crossed off another bucket list item this weekend. My brother and I raced in the Quincy Grand Prix. Been wanting to race this road race for 3 years. I wasn’t disappointed. Best track I have ever raced on. 1.2 mile set in park with 200 old Oak trees and 70 ft elevation change. Bump drafting with my brother at 64 mph and no runoff was incredible. We took 17 and 18 out of 22 and I jumped out beside him on last stretch but just came short off making pass at line. Raced with karting legends and added to show. It was a blast.

Never felt so alive in my life. Bumped and pushed my brother for 11 laps and then tried to stay as close as possible on last lap. Last second pass came up just short. Over the entire weekend I only got to log 33 laps around the treacherous track. My last lap was the fastest of weekend.

We are off to Kings Dominion today (fast passes in hand), can't wait to watch the f1 race later. Cool seeing the drivers starting 2nd and 3rd on the grid (no spoilers). We have been pining for this kind of competition for years, now we have it. Oh yeah, and George Russell yesterday - the guy is fast!!

Biggest kart race of my life coming up this weekend at our home track. Buckeye Karting Challenge comes to Wilmington this weekend and I currently sit in 2nd place out of 27 drivers for state championship. Need a podium finish to have a good chance at title. 7 long years of work and learning have led to this moment. Can’t wait.....

Biggest kart race of my life coming up this weekend at our home track. Buckeye Karting Challenge comes to Wilmington this weekend and I currently sit in 2nd place out of 27 drivers for state championship. Need a podium finish to have a good chance at title. 7 long years of work and learning have led to this moment. Can’t wait.....

No start times listed at the website. I might stop out.

@Fins1971 That's friggin awesome man, hope you are safe and celebrating by this evening, if not already.

F1 Silverstone race has not been short of action so far, holy smokes. Tough call for the stewards in progress.

Tough competition at BKC with 17 competitors entered in my class. I worked my way to 6th place in final only to get booted off the track by impatient driver. He ended up taking 6th and I ended up 16th. He apologized for the move after the race so that’s all you can really ask for. When I went off track it knocked my front nose piece down to where it was dragging. I pulled in pit quickly fixed it and got back on track still on lead lap. I passed a bunch of back markers and made it to 13th. The timing system didn’t count my lap thru pits so I was still behind the people I passed. Another learning experience. The poor finish takes me out of any chance of winning state championship. Try to make top 5 now.

Back
Top Bottom