Motorsports | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Motorsports

605A116C-BCBD-4887-9691-F79E416C1015.jpeg
My brother and I make our first attempt at racing the Grand Nationals This weekend. Close to 400 entries across 8 different classes with same Briggs engine. In our legends class 55 years and older there are 35 entries. 15 states and Canada are represented in the class. Running against the best should be great learning experience.

Live streaming of Grand Nationals today and tomorrow. 400 plus karts from all over North America. Biggest 4 cycle kart race in the world. My races today are at 11:58 and 3:48. Worked my way up to 23 of 38 in first heat race yesterday. My goal is top half finish 19th or better.

E8C65991-33F2-4FEF-BE3A-8FCAEA18CDED.jpeg

Finished 20th out of 38 competitors at Grand Nationals 6. It was a great learning experience going against some of the best drivers in the continent. I was fortunate to miss the carnage and keep my kart clean all weekend.

And this weekend is Australia's biggest touring car race, the Bathurst 1000. Similar in stature to your Indy 500, Daytona, it truly is a remarkable race on and brilliant stretch of public road.

Do yourselves a favour and try and have a look at it somewhere.

www.supercars.com/repco-bathurst-1000

^^^ Ive driven Bathurst quite a bit in the sim, what a track. the elevated portion is a real SOB. So is the uphill portion with all those turns but I have them memorized nicely. Finally, the last left hander (almost a hairpin) leading into the fastest downhill straight, I cannot get it right lol. normally there is carnage in online races, even among typically clean racers. it's really narrow in places no?

^^^ Ive driven Bathurst quite a bit in the sim, what a track. the elevated portion is a real SOB. So is the uphill portion with all those turns but I have them memorized nicely. Finally, the last left hander (almost a hairpin) leading into the fastest downhill straight, I cannot get it right lol. normally there is carnage in online races, even among typically clean racers. it's really narrow in places no?
I have never driven the full track at speed. I have done a hillclimb there from Mountain straight to McPhillamy park, and its awesome. The sim really doesnt do the track justice. The SIM is great though, and in the supercar its hairy. Yeah its narrow, and across the top its generally just single file till Forrests Elbow (last corner b4 Conrod). Great bit of roadway

DC14E7D0-316B-40EA-A32A-C6857C960AA6.jpeg

Our race team took 4th place at the Wilmington 200 today. First team off the podium won a set of Hoosier tires And inclusion in podium celebration. 120 miles on a demanding track. We had 3 drivers on our team. The winner and kid who got 3rd place ran solo.

Sunday coverage of Super Nationals. $55,000 in prize money for the best kart drivers in the world to compete for.

$15,000 to win in a couple of the big races.

Some great racing. Entries from 60 countries.

One of our friends Joe Ruch took 3rd in Master shifter race. He missed podium last year by one spot. Feel good for him.
Also our local track in Cincy had winning driver in x30 Senior and won the $15,000. Trinity Karting Group has been making some great strides the last few years and this win puts them on the world map.

Incredible finish at the International 500 (Soo 500) this past weekend. Cut to 3:35 mark to watch the last lap. The time difference between the 2 drivers was a quarter of a thousandth of a second after 9 hours in brutal freezing conditions. That is some serious racing.

When I was a child my father took me and my brothers to this race a couple times. Still going after all these years just changed the name.

Hey I am sure there are some bad ass electric go carts out there. Has anyone tried one? I’ve been looking at electric dirt bikes.

Hey I am sure there are some bad ass electric go carts out there. Has anyone tried one? I’ve been looking at electric dirt bikes.

yeah, they have them available for the rental market. Pittsburgh Full throttle has them. They are pretty heavy due to battery. They have awesome take off speed but don’t handle through the turns very well. You’re talking 500 lbs compared to my gas racing kart at 375. Hard to get the inside rear to lift in corners when the kart is so heavy.

Going to be a similar issue with electric dirt bike. Back in the day my KDX200 weighed 225 lbs which allowed me to throw it anywhere I wanted on the trails. The extra weight of a battery is going to make the dirt bike more like an Enduro bike KLR600. Also hills are a killer for electric bikes and I’m sure would also be an issue on electric dirt bikes. Good luck though.

Back
Top Bottom