move a wr to cb? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

move a wr to cb?

The Pats did it because there was no one else. We have plenty of time to find a starter. I believe Howard was going to start anyway. Remember, he was playing out of postion with us, now he would be back to what he was doing with the Panthers.

your coach should start dressing like a bum on the sidelines. it worked for the pats. and they have won 3 SB in 4 years. :nono:

not worried, i just looked at the roster and we had some wr's at 6foot,195 lbs. just something to talk about.

I did hear that they tried Avon Cobourne at CB during the minicamp. And Saban actually said some positives about it. Although, I seriously doubt that this anything more than a numbers thing where needed someone else just to step out there and play the position.

someone like Chambers has the speed, size and athleticism.

For the love of God people, NFL players are not leggos! You cant just place them where its acceptable!

Gus Frerotte is 6'3 237..... I bet he would make a good RB. :shakeno:

Philter25 said:
For the love of God people, NFL players are not leggos! You cant just place them where its acceptable!

Gus Frerotte is 6'3 237..... I bet he would make a good RB. :shakeno:

:roflmao: :roflmao:

Gus does try to run thru walls for practice!!!

chuckcole said:
I did hear that they tried Avon Cobourne at CB during the minicamp. And Saban actually said some positives about it. Although, I seriously doubt that this anything more than a numbers thing where needed someone else just to step out there and play the position.

I think Im taller than Cobourne and Im 5'8 1/2. No way he plays CB in the NFL. :lol:

if gus put's his head down and run's into the wall like when he was in WAS.then maybe.

finsnchips said:
someone like Chambers has the speed, size and athleticism.
Philter is right... although I believe that most CBs and WRs have the physical attributes and skills to play both positions.

finsnchips said:
Philter is right... although I believe that most CBs and WRs have the physical attributes and skills to play both positions.
Physical attributes and skills (IE Speed, jumping ability, ability to learn and understand routes and coverages) dont translate into game time reps. You have a lot of college players that can play both ways, WR and CB because of their physical skills. When they come to the NFL though, its one or the other. The NFL is so much deeper and faster than college its impossible to master all your coverage schemes on defense and your routes on offense. Although there are a lot of players that have the physical skills, they just dont have the time and reps to be able to play both ways.

I just cracked up before when Cobourne, who DOESNT have the physical qualities one would look for was playing cornerback. Cobourne is what, 5'8ish? If I am an OC and I see him coming into the game as a CB, heck, even as a dimeback, I start licking my chops and I am going to try my best to exploit it and go right after him.

Chambers has the speed size and leaping ability to be a CB, the problem is just he has never played CB in the NFL. :lol: If anything, its more likely for a backup safety to play CB over a WR because at least the safety has been studying the defenses for the whole season and would have a heads up over the WR.

Back
Top Bottom