Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win... | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win...

The Dolphins didn't move down in the draft from this win, so there's really nothing to be upset about here. This was a good ass win.

The potential only cause I can find for being upset with this win would be if this was somehow the deciding factor in Steve Ross's mind about whether or not to fire Chris Grier. And I doubt that it was.

So enjoy the win and have a laugh at the Patriots.

As long as the end result is Tua being drafted, I'm fine. Flores was not going to take a 1-16 stain on his coaching record without a fight and I can understand that.

Every team in front of us lost so the W vs NE yesterday did not move us up or down at all. Cincy won but they had already locked the #1. Was lost, NYG lost & Det lost.

What the W did do for fans everywhere was make NE lose a bye week and most likely their championship hopes. This is what you call a win-win.

The other positive is how this coaching staff took a roster made up of four 2019 draft picks, four 2019 undrafted free agents & 11 waiver wire pickups and 8 players signed from other teams practice squad and beat the world champions in their own house. (credit for stats to Field Yates).

Can you imaging all those patriots fans leaving the stadium in shock? Priceless.

Last edited:
I love going from 2-4th draft pick to possibly 7th for a meaningless win. Great job guys. :lol:

Momentum doesn't carry over season to season and all you homers rejoicing now, you wont be come draft day.

They can't even tank right.

Players get over and under drafted every year

It utterly baffles me.

Here’s the crux of it, to me:

The Miami Dolphins were beaten 43-0 by the Patriots in the second game of the season. The next day, they traded away Minkah Fitzpatrick, arguably one of their top 2 players on the team.

They since have put their best player on the IR, along with a host of other players. Churned through offcasts, free agents and practice squad players.

And they went into New England today and beat the defending Super Bowl Champions in their house, with playoff seeding on the line. And it wasn’t lucky. They flat-out beat them.

So they’re not going to get Joe Burrow. And I would love Joe Burrow...a guy I freely admit I didn’t know existed 6 months ago.

You know who they do get? They get Brian Flores. And I’m okay with that trade-off at this point.

Here’s the list of the teams that have won in New England in December in the last 15 years:

- Kansas City this year, the #2 seed in the AFC.
- The Philadelphia Eagles, who just seem to have the Patriots’s number. They did it twice.
- The San Francisco 49ers, the year they went to the Super Bowl.
- The Bills, in a game the Pats were resting starters.
- The Miami Dolphins.

That’s it. That’s the whole list.

If you’re trying to be actively upset with the Fins for losing today, please allow me to suggest that you’re trying too hard to be upset.

And in two years, when Joe Burrow is playing golf in January after a 6-10 season in which he put up very nice numbers, while a Brian Flores team is getting the Dolphins ready for a playoff game, I’ll be happier about today than I am right now.

Remember, these same people predicted ZERO wins BEFORE all the injuries. Beat two teams in the hurt for a playoff spot and went 5-4 the last 9 games. Nothing there to give hope

your arrogance and lack of caring for the teams welfare.

No, I do not care about the "welfare" of the team, nor do I care about Chris Grier, Coatz Flaw, and Stephen Ross.
The only thing that matters is the prize: the superbowl or the draft status in this case since they all sucks. Do your job, get the prize according to your status. So far they have not done a darn thing, Stephen Ross in his eleven years has not done a darn thing. I do not care about his welfare, no.

I love going from 2-4th draft pick to possibly 7th for a meaningless win. Great job guys. :lol:

Momentum doesn't carry over season to season and all you homers rejoicing now, you wont be come draft day.

They can't even tank right.

It's probably been said 100 times in this thread, but I just wanted to add one more. If we lost, we were picking 5th, we won and knocked the Pats from the bye and are still picking 5th. I'd say we got a lot more out of seeing them pull that out. Most Dolphins teams are flat in Week 17, these guys are still playing hard for Flores.

I like how people get all worked up and start a new thread in the forum (in this case which is completely based on fiction) and they don't even come back to apologize for not fact checking themselves and essentially calling everyone else dumb for being happy the team won.

I like how people get all worked up and start a new thread in the forum (in this case which is completely based on fiction) and they don't even come back to apologize for not fact checking themselves and essentially calling everyone else dumb for being happy the team won.
Yeah.....good point. OP is AWOL....

No, I do not care about the "welfare" of the team, nor do I care about Chris Grier, Coatz Flaw, and Stephen Ross.
The only thing that matters is the prize: the superbowl or the draft status in this case since they all sucks. Do your job, get the prize according to your status. So far they have not done a darn thing, Stephen Ross in his eleven years has not done a darn thing. I do not care about his welfare, no.

I believe you mean every word you said. That is not necessarily a good situation to be in.

Wait, you can block? How?

Sorry. Meant “ignore”. Still see that the member has posted, but I am blocked from their posts so I don’t hVe to read their drivel. When I joined this site 15 some odd years ago, I never blocked any posters because I was afraid I would miss some info/insight. Now I know who’s posts to trust and with how stupid and angry some of these posters have become, I am much more apt to put someone on ignore.

Back
Top Bottom