Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win... | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Move down 2-3 picks for a meaningless win...

By the way the wins are not meaningless. Knocking the pats into the wildcard round where they have never won a SB when they start there was great.
Getting this team of scrubs and unwanted players to play well beyond their talent and forging a winning way that could very well carry over into next year when we have reinforcements from the draft and free agents
Establishing that the culture Flores is preaching works even against the top teams.
All that and still getting a top 5 pick

Great job coach. You are on the right track

Plus honestly if we weren't picking #1 the top 5 should be fine and either we'll still get a top player or we'll trade back , get the player we want plus more picks.

Some posters here are obviously miserable IRL and love having company by crapping on just about everything fins. Some of the Usual Suspects have predictably surfaced in this thread. Just consider the source and take their trollish posts with a grain of salt!

No, but just like last year's win, I do not fall in line with the echo chamber.

It panned out the game had no bearing on our draft pick. Good. But I was prepared to got 0-16. I was prepared for a season of peaks and valleys.

Maybe it's the inner Chief hater in me who didnt want to see them get help from my Phins? While I went to a few of their games this year, I'm still not a fan. But they are entertaining as hell.

To clarify...you hate the Chiefs more than the Patriots?

By the way the wins are not meaningless. Knocking the pats into the wildcard round where they have never won a SB when they start there was great.
Getting this team of scrubs and unwanted players to play well beyond their talent and forging a winning way that could very well carry over into next year when we have reinforcements from the draft and free agents
Establishing that the culture Flores is preaching works even against the top teams.

Plus honestly if we weren't picking #1 the top 5 should be fine and either we'll still get a top player or we'll trade back , get the player we want plus more picks.

Well said. Like the new Quigley look :chuckle:

I honestly, also like that the Titans are playing Pats too. Out of the possible wild card teams, Buffalo or Pittsburgh. I feel Titans are better and have best chance of upsetting the Pats based on match ups. The pats still have the bills number and steelers have no qb. Tennesse isn't a cold weather state, but they have a team I feel is built well for codl weather. The defense is not too bad and held houston to just 14 pts and have a strong rushing attack and henry's power style works great is different conditions. Then you add how Tannehill has played pretty decent vs patriots and has won games vs patriots with miami. I think the titans are the team the pats wanted to see the least out of Bills or steelers. I want to add that the Patriots run defense has been prone to get gashed by teams with a strong ground, rushing attack. So Titans strength works well vs Pats rush defense. If Pats stack up the box to stop henry, it might allow good play action opportunities for Tannehill to get them on pass plays too.

Last edited:
The result against the pats was apparently the biggest betting shock in the last 20years according to ESPN, and OP I just wanted to say I bet on the dolphins to W win yesterday my only bet in the fins this season. Hope you ain’t mad bro!,,,, and boys, great effort last night and thanks for the money.......

Of course they do. If they don't they'll have an investigation mounted against them by the nfl faster than they can say "tank" - because you don't lose intentionally. If they actually did, the draft system would probably get a shake up anyway. Teams don't try to lose in the NFL.
So you actually believe teams have not lost intentionally in order to get a higher draft pick? I can’t believe you are really that naive. Just go back and see how the Colts ended up with the first draft picks when both Manning and Luck were their first picks in the draft. If you don’t think the Colts tanked both those seasons just so they could get the first pick in each of those drafts, you are just fooling yourself. The NFL is fully aware that teams sometime don’t go all out to win simply to move up in the draft and they have never taken any kind of action against those teams.
Teams already in the playoffs frequently sit out many of their regular players in the final game of the regular season in an attempt to prevent injury. This is what the Texans did yesterday and it is why the Titans had a relatively easy win on a team which is better than they are. The Texans might not have tried to lose but they certainly didn’t care if they won or lost yesterday’s game against the Titans.

I’m still waiting for the bengals to be asked some questions about their season. Drop their franchise qb, not pick an green when apparently he was fit ............. as soon as they got the no 1 spot hello these guys can play ...... again ..... no worries they have their no 1 spot. We took a verbal battering from numerous quarters after week 4, no apology for accusing us of deliberately tanking and no swipe at the bengals. Ive said this before, the daft system helps teams to make the decision to tank on purpose easier for GMs

So you actually believe teams have not lost intentionally in order to get a higher draft pick? I can’t believe you are really that naive. Just go back and see how the Colts ended up with the first draft picks when both Manning and Luck were their first picks in the draft. If you don’t think the Colts tanked both those seasons just so they could get the first pick in each of those drafts, you are just fooling yourself. The NFL is fully aware that teams sometime don’t go all out to win simply to move up in the draft and they have never taken any kind of action against those teams.
Teams already in the playoffs frequently sit out many of their regular players in the final game of the regular season in an attempt to prevent injury. This is what the Texans did yesterday and it is why the Titans had a relatively easy win on a team which is better than they are. The Texans might not have tried to lose but they certainly didn’t care if they won or lost yesterday’s game against the Titans.

Sitting guys for playoffs is not the same as trying to lose which you know. I'm talking about on the field, guys play to win. Even then, I don't recall a game where a team is obviously benching fully healthy players simply to try to lose. Preserve health? Yes. Full on obvious "well he's benched because they are after a pick", No. The NFL would stomp it out. They haven't had to yet.

I love going from 2-4th draft pick to possibly 7th for a meaningless win. Great job guys. :lol:

Momentum doesn't carry over season to season and all you homers rejoicing now, you wont be come draft day.

They can't even tank right.
There already locked in at 5 before the game. And the win as good, we got three firsts$125,000,000. Under the cap, hopefully the front office plays this rite

Back
Top Bottom