Move McIntosh to Guard?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Move McIntosh to Guard??

doesn't he save us like 4 million in cap space if we cut him. IF so it is a no brainer

AZfinfan said:
doesn't he save us like 4 million in cap space if we cut him. IF so it is a no brainer

Why is it a no-brainer? They couldn't re-negotiate his contact to a much friendlier cap number and see if he could play a decent guard?

I think he'd probabaly be a better fit at Guard then Tackle, but not for that price.

For everyone who wants to cut MacIntosh; I ask you who is going to take his place? I just don't see Alabi or a draft pick from this draft stepping up to starting LT this season. MacIntosh may not be the best, but he's the best option on this team at this time. Unless we bring in a FA LT he'll probably continue to start. It might not be such a bad thing anyway. If we sign Brees, at least our QB will be familiar with our LT.

Hudson says A. Alabi for LT and that works for me. We need a RG or C more than any other OL spot.

familiar

late again said:
For everyone who wants to cut MacIntosh; I ask you who is going to take his place? I just don't see Alabi or a draft pick from this draft stepping up to starting LT this season. MacIntosh may not be the best, but he's the best option on this team at this time. Unless we bring in a FA LT he'll probably continue to start. It might not be such a bad thing anyway. If we sign Brees, at least our QB will be familiar with our LT.

Thats so true!!!Brees would be very familiar with Mac since Mac spends most of his time in the backfield...Hell...Brees might think Mac is the new fullback
from all the time Mac is chasing opposing players who just beat him:sidelol:

MiamiRon

He did take a huge cut in pay last year to stay a Dolphin so it would not surprise me if he did it again. besides he had alot of penalties and you don't want that and we can find another Verteran thru Free Agency to play LT if Alabi is not ready.

Silverphin said:
Okay, what is this doing in the draft forum?

I guess cause it was under a mock draft....I don't remember putting in the draft section....I thought it was under Miami Dolphins......odd....

playmaker1 said:
he is cut I thought

he is now... he wasnt when the thread started on the 25th...

Back
Top Bottom