Moving Hunt to that LG spot... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Hunt to that LG spot...

OK, but I have to believe you are in a pretty small minority with your view.

Jackson has a ceiling of a very good tackle in the league, IMO. I don't screw with that.
thats fine. either way i wouldnt mind. I may be off. hunt definitely could be a really good guard if we did make this kid the pick. Him, Solomon and hunt are road graders
And I respect your opinion. I really like both of the guys

I understand that some just can't, but I think the better ones can. Sewell has actually played RT before... it was in HS, but he has done it.
During the interview process, I'm sure it would be discussed if we were serious about drafting him. I certainly wouldn't draft him and then say, "guess what?".
i want the splash pick, but if we get this guy and ultimately move hunt to g, I'm ok with it. this kid is a monster

thats fine. either way i wouldnt mind. I may be off. hunt definitely could be a really good guard if we did make this kid the pick. Him, Solomon and hunt are road graders
And I respect your opinion. I really like both of the guys
I don't disagree about Hunt. He is questionable as an OT in some respects anyway. His best shot at a long career might be as a gaurd.

Jackson is a different story to me.

I don't disagree about Hunt. He is questionable as an OT in some respects anyway. His best shot at a long career might be as a gaurd.

Jackson is a different story to me.
He'd actually make more money as an excellent Guard than he would as a mediocre Tackle... If the move was pitched to him on this level, he might buy in 100%.

If you take any highly competant tackle, and move him to gaurd, you are instantly cutting his career earning potential in half.

You may not care, but the player and his agent surely will.

How do you think that player will react? Better off just trading him, rather than having a locker room malcontent.

Before you even start with "the good of the team" stuff, ask yourself how you would take to your employer drastically cutting your pay, for "the good of the company".
great point, but Hunt will never be a good starting OT in this league. He just doesn't have the feet for it. He could be a pro bowl OG. Jackson has the ability to be a very good starting OT but has to have a lot better discipline. He has to grow into the spot, just remember they had no TC or Mini Camps this year. He needs some coaching, and I think he will be alright, but Hunt is a OG not a OT, and that was obvious coming out of college. Not sure why they are trying to fit a round peg in a square hole, but it doesn't fit and never will.

From left to right for the future:

Jackson, Kindley, Karass (Deiter/draft pick), Hunt, Sewell
BINGO !!!! Although Karass would be the weak link, but I would love to trade down in the 1st with Jacksonville. All the way back to 21. Let them have Trevor and Sewell, and we get 21, their 2 picks in the 2nd and top pick in the 3rd. They would still be a winner in the draft value pts system 2200-1850 but we would have enough draft capital to get everyone we want. There will be a lot of WRs still around at 21 and we would have 7 picks in the top 65 picks. We could get Nagee, Carmin OT from Clemson, Landin Dickerson OC from bama, Bolton MLB, Shelvin best DT, and whatever WR was left at 21, lot to choose from. This is the best draft from 1st through 3rd that we have seen in a long time. Lots of plug and play players in a lot of different positions. I love LOVE Sewell but I would trade the pick to the right team for multiple picks in rds 2 and 3.

BINGO !!!! Although Karass would be the weak link, but I would love to trade down in the 1st with Jacksonville. All the way back to 21. Let them have Trevor and Sewell, and we get 21, their 2 picks in the 2nd and top pick in the 3rd. They would still be a winner in the draft value pts system 2200-1850 but we would have enough draft capital to get everyone we want. There will be a lot of WRs still around at 21 and we would have 7 picks in the top 65 picks. We could get Nagee, Carmin OT from Clemson, Landin Dickerson OC from bama, Bolton MLB, Shelvin best DT, and whatever WR was left at 21, lot to choose from. This is the best draft from 1st through 3rd that we have seen in a long time. Lots of plug and play players in a lot of different positions. I love LOVE Sewell but I would trade the pick to the right team for multiple picks in rds 2 and 3.

Oh god no! I appreciate the thought process, but if I'm trading #3, I want a Top 10 pick this year plus a First Rounder next year. I'm not trading #3 and losing a Blue Chip player for a pick in the 20s. That ain't happening!

Back
Top Bottom