Moving To St. Petersburg Area | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving To St. Petersburg Area

I’m moving to the St Pete area in June from Ohio. Are Dolphin’s games localized on tv in that area. Or am I still gonna need “the ticket”? Or what about a Dolphins bar? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to my favorite city in the world! I've been here for over 15 years now after coming from Illinois.

It seems that 90% of Dolphins games are aired locally in Tampa/STP but I still like having NFL ticket so I am not forced to watch games outside of Miami's time slot that I don't care about.

I have not found any exclusive "Dolphin" bars but you can watch downtown at Fergs. It's a huge open air bar with indoor and outdoor seating. It's right next to Tropicana field (and the Police station).

You can also go to Gulfport which is just right down the road and on the ocean/beach. I go to a "roof top" bar called Manatees. It's covered and they have 5 or 6 games on at all times. Great views. It is a cool little town on the water full of shops, restaurants and bars.

If you need any area/neighborhood advice, let me know. I would be glad to help.

Also...you can check out http://506sports.com/nfl/ as the season gets closer to check out which markets air specific games. It's a great site.

They will post maps with correlating games. Depending on the which network has the double header, you still may be able to get Dolphins games when the Bucs are playing as long as CBS has the double header that week. The Bucs typically play on Fox.

Last edited:
I live in Bradenton just south of the Skyway Bridge. You won't see Dolphins pre-season on local tv other than the Buccaneers game or on NFLnetwork replay.

For the majority of the regular season the Tampa CBS will air the Dolphins games every week. Here's the catch... if it's a Bucs home game CBS won't air ANY NFL game at all! They air stupid infomercials until the Bucs game is over then they'll resume NFL coverage. We live to close to RayJay & NFL wants us going to the games. So to watch the Phins on home cable the Bucs have to be either on the road or playing at a different time. And typically near the end of the season CBS will flake out 1or2 weeks and play some random game like Denver or something.

What I did last year that works extremely well is I bought an HD antenna with a 60 mile radius on Amazon for $35 and pointed that puppy south to Ft. Myers, which is a Phins TV market. I got the CBS down there (WINK 11) in crystal clear HD and I was able to watch all the pre season games and the random games Tampa CBS didn't air for FREE. I was so excited i couldn't believe it actually worked!

That's not true. Each market in the country will switch off between FOX and CBS having 2 NFL games compared to 1 for the other. It's worked like that everywhere I've lived. If CBS airs one game one week, FOX will air two. If CBS airs 2 games the next, FOX will air one.

That's not true. Each market in the country will switch off between FOX and CBS having 2 NFL games compared to 1 for the other. It's worked like that everywhere I've lived. If CBS airs one game one week, FOX will air two. If CBS airs 2 games the next, FOX will air one.
Not in the Tampa area market. Ive lived in Bradenton my entire life and he is 100% correct.

I live in South New Jersey and where I live, there is exactly 1 Bar that has the Sunday Ticket. And they don't televise any game, other than the Philidelphia Eagles. So I'm forced into having the Sunday Ticket. So I can understand the frustrastion not getting Miami Dolphins games if your a Florida resident living just outside the Miami TV Radius. To those Dolphins fans who may be skeptical of Direct TV; I've had it since 1997 and have been very satisfied with the deals they give me every year on the Sunday Ticket. It doesn't hurt to call them and ask. Good luck to all.

I live in South New Jersey and where I live, there is exactly 1 Bar that has the Sunday Ticket. And they don't televise any game, other than the Philidelphia Eagles. So I'm forced into having the Sunday Ticket. So I can understand the frustrastion not getting Miami Dolphins games if your a Florida resident living just outside the Miami TV Radius. To those Dolphins fans who may be skeptical of Direct TV; I've had it since 1997 and have been very satisfied with the deals they give me every year on the Sunday Ticket. It doesn't hurt to call them and ask. Good luck to all.

Wait a minute. Where in South Jersey are you? Because I lived there for a good 18 years, and they almost always showed multiple games. And there are multiple PJ's locations there with Sunday Ticket.

And some of the best wings in existence.

Wait a minute. Where in South Jersey are you? Because I lived there for a good 18 years, and they almost always showed multiple games. And there are multiple PJ's locations there with Sunday Ticket.

And some of the best wings in existence.
I live in Cape May County. There is an Irish Pub in Wildwood that has the Sunday Ticket. Other than that I’d need to travel to Atlantic or Cumberland Counties for Pubs or Bars that televise all the games via Direct TV. I’m better off at home with my own cigars, food and drinks. But when I lived in Middlesex County, there were plenty of Local places I would go to. But after I moved in 2004 to Cape May County, it’s like I'm in hell, with no sports bars.

I live in Cape May County. There is an Irish Pub in Wildwood that has the Sunday Ticket. Other than that I’d need to travel to Atlantic or ***berland Counties for Pubs or Bars that televise all the games via Direct TV. I’m better off at home with my own cigars, food and drinks. But when I lived in Middlesex County, there were plenty of Local places I would go to. But after I moved in 2004 to Cape May County, it’s like I'm in hell, with no sports bars.

Oof. Never mind.

Yeah, that's a haul. People who aren't from Jersey are usually like "It takes HOW LONG to get to Cape May?"

Actually, hell. How much is the Lewes Ferry? It would probably be fun to change it up and go there every once in a while.

Wow. That sucks. It's so much different in the Tampa Bay Area. Drop a pin anywhere on a map here and you're probably within 2 miles of a sports bar with Sunday Ticket and about 6+ televisions showing the games on Sunday.

It doesn't matter though.

I've spoken with the networks here in Tampa. This is officially considered a Primary market for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and simultaneously a Secondary market for the Miami Dolphins. The networks WILL NOT AIR a game in a Secondary market at the same time that a Primary market team is playing. They won't do it. It is an NFL broadcasting guideline.

If the Tampa Bay Bucs are playing at 1pm on FOX, and the Miami Dolphins are playing at 1pm on CBS, then here in the Tampa Bay Area, you will not see that Miami Dolphins game on any local CBS station. Won't happen. Period.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll be moving into an apartment complex so I’m not too sure about the antenna. Looks like a sports bar is gonna be the choice. I went to college on the west coast before the days of direct tv and was able to find a bar that was owned by a Dolphins fan and he had one of those huge satellite dishes, about 30 fin fans would get together every Sunday.

Why don’t you just purchase an android box for $120 and for $20 per month you will see every football game and every other sports games picture clear. I have it and I also get every movie station and all regular channels too. I have 2 of them for two of my TVs. Let me know if you’re interested. I can send you the information

Back
Top Bottom