Moving Wallace- A Closer Look | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Moving Wallace- A Closer Look

2011 was 10 of 27 which was fair, and 2010 was 13 of 37 which was good. Don't see where going back 5 years to find a good season says much. And then, there was Hartline doing better.

Thanks for providing these.

Posters thinking that Wallace is worth keeping this year are far from idiots and calling them that is idiotic. Some believe that keeping him is in the best interest of the team winning, and he was improved, our best WR, and did get 10 TD's.

Others, like myself, believe that his production can be replaced, and that keeping him will hurt the team more than help it overall.

It's a fair debate, and not knowing who may replace him does not help. JMO

I may be wrong on this, but the posters that want to get rid of Wallace seem to be okay with keeping Philbin. The greatest arguement for keeping Joe was continuity and there wasn't much else out there to get. So what about keeping continuity with Wallace and we don't know who else we might find to replace him?

I may be wrong on this, but the posters that want to get rid of Wallace seem to be okay with keeping Philbin. The greatest arguement for keeping Joe was continuity and there wasn't much else out there to get. So what about keeping continuity with Wallace and we don't know who else we might find to replace him?

I'm not a Philbin fan but, that ship has sailed, and no reason to beat that dead horse. Not knowing who could replace Wallace is a problem for both sides of this debate. IF we were going to sign a Dez, D Thomas, Maclin or Cobb, and draft White, everyone would be celebrating and looking towards the playoffs. That's not likely but who knows, as we could afford to do that.

Gonna be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I think it's going to be a straight choice between keeping Wallace or Hartline, I think Gibson is gone whatever but we can't be in a situation where all 3 need replacing and if they decide to keep both Wallace and Hartline they are tying a lot of money up in a receiving corp that doesn't really fit with the QB.

I think it's going to be a straight choice between keeping Wallace or Hartline, I think Gibson is gone whatever but we can't be in a situation where all 3 need replacing and if they decide to keep both Wallace and Hartline they are tying a lot of money up in a receiving corp that doesn't really fit with the QB.

Hartline has been a great fit with Tannehill since he got here, other than last year when he did not do the same with Lazor until the last game. He was a security blanket. He also did well with Gibson lin 2013.

This is on what Lazor wants, and not a WR/QB fit.

Posters thinking that Wallace is worth keeping this year are far from idiots and calling them that is idiotic. Some believe that keeping him is in the best interest of the team winning, and he was improved, our best WR, and did get 10 TD's.

Others, like myself, believe that his production can be replaced, and that keeping him will hurt the team more than help it overall.

It's a fair debate, and not knowing who may replace him does not help. JMO

Long term, we need to get that contract off the books. It's unsustainable given his talent level. However, we need to replace his playmaking ability first.

Lets look at the eagles as an example. They did not beneifit from releasing DJAX. keep him at least 1 more year.

Long term, we need to get that contract off the books. It's unsustainable given his talent level. However, we need to replace his playmaking ability first.

And the biggest question is if we can do that this year. I think we can but, we shall see.

I vote on cutting him, or trading him for a late pick to some cap friendly team desperate to appease their fans (Jacksonville?).

Wallace's antics have been going on since his first game as a Dolphin in 2013 when we played at Clevelend. He complained about not getting the ball the very first game he's been here, and its been going on since. Get this asshole off my team. Sure, he may make it easier for guys to get open underneath in the middle, but we aren't even taking advantage of the missing safety in the middle of the field. If you ask me if I'd rather have $2.5M in cap space this year, or have Mike Wallace on my team, I choose the money. Sign a good WR free agent with that money.

Lets look at the eagles as an example. They did not beneifit from releasing DJAX. keep him at least 1 more year.

That's very hard to say with Sanchez taking over for Foles.

philbin cant send the message that keeping him will put out there...i will be shocked if he's still a dolphin come week 1 2015...shocked

philbin cant send the message that keeping him will put out there...i will be shocked if he's still a dolphin come week 1 2015...shocked

Thats a good point too. Philbin needs to sharpen his spine and get these players' respect. If we do go into 2015 with Wallace, another temper tantrum from him should get him suspended or deactivated.

If we didn't have so many holes, I would agree. I think we'll have to wait until next year :(

One has nothing to do with the others. IF we are going after Maclin, Cobb, or Thomas for around the same price, who would disagree?

Back
Top Bottom