Mr. Grier, what have you done? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr. Grier, what have you done?

As much as I’m willing to give Grier a lot of credit for the improvement in the roster, I can’t forgive him for selecting Flores. He was entirely unqualified for the position. Grier was blinded by chasing the “Patriots Way**.”

Asterisks included due to the fact that it’s not actually real.
Let's be fair, Flo's last two years had decent W-L records. He also failed to put together an adequate coaching staff for preparing and training the players to get better.

I'm sorry he failed.
I'm glad he's gone.

The usual Chris Grier off-season praise. In the past years it was around week 4 of the regular season when it cooled down. He’s done nothing to improve the team, it’s the same average team, he’s the definition of average. Let’s see how the team does this season before giving him any credit.

Fun fact: he left the Patriots for the Dolphins in 2000. The Dolphins are 1-4 in the playoffs since, the Patriots are 30-12. They have played 42 playoff games, we have played 5. Maybe he isn’t even average.

Let's be fair, Flo's last two years had decent W-L records. He also failed to put together an adequate coaching staff for preparing and training the players to get better.

I'm sorry he failed.
I'm glad he's gone.
It’s hard for me to credit 9-8 last season since it included a 7-game losing streak and an absolute @ss-kicking from the Titans when it counted.

His staffs were terrible, which I attribute to him being unqualified for the job.

I agree on your other points - sorry he failed, happy he’s gone, and sorry he wanted to burn the franchise down on his way out of the door.

The usual Chris Grier off-season praise. In the past years it was around week 4 of the regular season when it cooled down. He’s done nothing to improve the team, it’s the same average team, he’s the definition of average. Let’s see how the team does this season before giving him any credit.

Fun fact: he left the Patriots for the Dolphins in 2000. The Dolphins are 1-4 in the playoffs since, the Patriots are 30-12. They have played 42 playoff games, we have played 5. Maybe he isn’t even average.
Tom Brady had nothing to do with the Pats success since 2000, and Chris Grier is entirely responsible for the last 21 years of Dolphins football.

Got it!

You've forgotten our coaches in those years?

Ezukanma sounds like the real deal.
I don't fall in love in training camp reports anymore unless the guy is starting preseason games.
I think that's usually the tell sign they're high on someone.

He just can’t draft O lineman… pleaseee just sign free agents and stop wasting picks 😂

We shall see, because the coaches that were trying to help them grow in 2020 and 2021, might have done the opposite.

Let us not forget that Jackson looked good early on, then looked worse after he came back from an injury.

Eichenberg they didn't know what to with.

When a College player comes into the NFL, very rarely can they or will they dominate out of the gates without good coaching, and help from fellow Vets that have a lot to share to help their teammates.

This year they did this the right way, better coaching, with really good Veteran help. I don't expect either Jackson or Eichenberg to look great from the start, but there is a good chance the Linemen they are in week 18, is far better then they were week 1 if they start to grow, and get comfortable with the new guys.

So Mr. Grier, you went into this draft with a 3rd, 4th, and two 7th round picks.

So far, you picked up an athletic freak in Channing Tindall who should contribute immediately on Special Teams as well as certain sub packages designed to target and destroy the other team’s quarterback.

You and Wes Welker found a steal in the 4th round with Eric Ezukanma who knows how to get separation and possess great body control at the point of contact. Not to mention that he catches everything with his sticky hands, which is only bested by circumstances sticky hands after an afternoon of self- indulgence!

Skylar Thompson has played well enough to date that people on this site are entertaining the notion of trading Bridgewater for a future draft pick.

Throw in the emergence of a Braylon Sanders and a Tanner Conner as undrafted free agents and you see a team that is building the foundation of quality depth as well as competition on the practice field.

So far, not too shabby Mr. Grier.
Respectfully, it’s about time. He’s had 21 years of on the job training on the Dolphin payroll.

I’d add that Diesch has also generated some positive praise.

I wasn’t thrilled with the Easy E pick b/c I felt there were other good player at areas of higher need available. But EE is a guy that some teams had as high as a 2nd round grade. I think he was just the highest rated guy on their board.

I’d add that Diesch has also generated some positive praise.

I wasn’t thrilled with the Easy E pick b/c I felt there were other good player at areas of higher need available. But EE is a guy that some teams had as high as a 2nd round grade. I think he was just the highest rated guy on their board.
Good addition to the list. I think I read where they like Diesch’s ability to move in space.

Back
Top Bottom