Mr. Grier, what have you done? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr. Grier, what have you done?

So Mr. Grier, you went into this draft with a 3rd, 4th, and two 7th round picks.

So far, you picked up an athletic freak in Channing Tindall who should contribute immediately on Special Teams as well as certain sub packages designed to target and destroy the other team’s quarterback.

You and Wes Welker found a steal in the 4th round with Eric Ezukanma who knows how to get separation and possess great body control at the point of contact. Not to mention that he catches everything with his sticky hands, which is only bested by circumstances sticky hands after an afternoon of self- indulgence!

Skylar Thompson has played well enough to date that people on this site are entertaining the notion of trading Bridgewater for a future draft pick.

Throw in the emergence of a Braylon Sanders and a Tanner Conner as undrafted free agents and you see a team that is building the foundation of quality depth as well as competition on the practice field.

So far, not too shabby Mr. Grier.
So far they look like good selections but we won’t know anything until they actually play against players from other teams. I think Grier has done a very good job rebuilding this team since 2019 but I want to see how the young players from the 2022 draft and the undrafted free agents develop once the real action starts. So far though they look like they might be nice additions to the roster but only time will tell.

I posted a praising Grier thread awhile back.

I dug down into how many of his picks over the past 3 years were still in the NFL... and starting, and it was a very high percentage.

While this years crop may not stick... ALL of them are generating great press, and that alone means they were good risks...

Grier is not an average GM. He's much better than that.

Other than some late picks in 2020 e.g. strowbridge there really haven't been any confirmed misses. Tua, Jackson and even Iggy are still here, young and appear to developing into their high potential despite some concerns in their first couple years. The rest of the picks are stars, starters or useful depth--which is pretty darn good. Calculated risks with trades and FA signings have been reasonable, and hitting on some UDFAs is really nice gravy. Cap is generally in order and even with calamities beyond Grier's control the team possesses solid draft capital in the future. I've been saying it for awhile but the consensus seems to be coming around to the realization that the Dolphins are a very well managed organization--ownership missteps notwithstanding.
Yikes. I think Iggy is a certified disaster at this point and Jackson isn’t too far behind him. That draft was awful. Last year’s draft was awesome hitting on 3 of the first 4 picks. This year we didn’t have anything really to work with so if the top 2 guys contribute that’s a win. Bud for me, as good as 2021 was, 2020 was as bad considering all of the picks we had

Nfl must of seen his work and said it was too much of an advantage to have that extra 1st

So Mr. Grier, you went into this draft with a 3rd, 4th, and two 7th round picks.

So far, you picked up an athletic freak in Channing Tindall who should contribute immediately on Special Teams as well as certain sub packages designed to target and destroy the other team’s quarterback.

You and Wes Welker found a steal in the 4th round with Eric Ezukanma who knows how to get separation and possess great body control at the point of contact. Not to mention that he catches everything with his sticky hands, which is only bested by circumstances sticky hands after an afternoon of self- indulgence!

Skylar Thompson has played well enough to date that people on this site are entertaining the notion of trading Bridgewater for a future draft pick.

Throw in the emergence of a Braylon Sanders and a Tanner Conner as undrafted free agents and you see a team that is building the foundation of quality depth as well as competition on the practice field.

So far, not too shabby Mr. Grier.
100% thought you were gonna shat all over Grier well played.

Yikes. I think Iggy is a certified disaster at this point and Jackson isn’t too far behind him. That draft was awful. Last year’s draft was awesome hittinon 3 of the first 4 picks. This year we didn’t have anything really to work with so if the top 2 guys contribute that’s a win. Bud for me, as good as 2021 was, 2020 was as bad considering all of the picks we had
I will grant that there were better options and many of us were clamoring for them. But if those guys work out--heck if 2 of them turn out to be long term high level starters--it will still be a good draft. Perfection is impossible. Minimizing busts and making sure every draft contributes meaningfully is possible. Grier has done well to give us extra chances that make good drafts into very good or great ones. And done the other things very well too.

It’s not just Grier. It’s Marvin Allen & Reggie Mckenzie too. We actually have an elite front office. This is our window the next year or two before we have to start paying these young players more and our staff/executives get poached by other teams.

Yikes. I think Iggy is a certified disaster at this point and Jackson isn’t too far behind him. That draft was awful. Last year’s draft was awesome hitting on 3 of the first 4 picks. This year we didn’t have anything really to work with so if the top 2 guys contribute that’s a win. Bud for me, as good as 2021 was, 2020 was as bad considering all of the picks we had
I mean up to this point I agree with you with iggy and Jackson was bad last year. I would hold off on judging Jackson & Tua until after this year. Let’s see how they look in Mcdaniel’s scheme. Plus we nailed the Raekwon pick. He’s a beast and anchors one of the best lines in the league

It’s not just Grier. It’s Marvin Allen & Reggie Mckenzie too. We actually have an elite front office. This is our window the next year or two before we have to start paying these young players more and our staff/executives get poached by other teams.
Better and better and better. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom