Mr. Grier, what have you done? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr. Grier, what have you done?

boomer10

Club Member
Reaction score
So Mr. Grier, you went into this draft with a 3rd, 4th, and two 7th round picks.

So far, you picked up an athletic freak in Channing Tindall who should contribute immediately on Special Teams as well as certain sub packages designed to target and destroy the other team’s quarterback.

You and Wes Welker found a steal in the 4th round with Eric Ezukanma who knows how to get separation and possess great body control at the point of contact. Not to mention that he catches everything with his sticky hands, which is only bested by circumstances sticky hands after an afternoon of self- indulgence!

Skylar Thompson has played well enough to date that people on this site are entertaining the notion of trading Bridgewater for a future draft pick.

Throw in the emergence of a Braylon Sanders and a Tanner Conner as undrafted free agents and you see a team that is building the foundation of quality depth as well as competition on the practice field.

So far, not too shabby Mr. Grier.

So Mr. Grier, you went into this draft with a 3rd, 4th, and two 7th round picks.

So far, you picked up an athletic freak in Channing Tindall who should contribute immediately on Special Teams as well as certain sub packages designed to target and destroy the other team’s quarterback.

You and Wes Welker found a steal in the 4th round with Eric Ezukanma who knows how to get separation and possess great body control at the point of contact. Not to mention that he catches everything with his sticky hands, which is only bested by circumstances sticky hands after an afternoon of self- indulgence!

Skylar Thompson has played well enough to date that people on this site are entertaining the notion of trading Bridgewater for a future draft pick.

Throw in the emergence of a Braylon Sanders and a Tanner Conner as undrafted free agents and you see a team that is building the foundation of quality depth as well as competition on the practice field.

it's very impressive. We're starting to see that when he's fully in charge of the draft (last couple years), he's been hitting on a lot of players. Hope he keeps it up!

Other than some late picks in 2020 e.g. strowbridge there really haven't been any confirmed misses. Tua, Jackson and even Iggy are still here, young and appear to developing into their high potential despite some concerns in their first couple years. The rest of the picks are stars, starters or useful depth--which is pretty darn good. Calculated risks with trades and FA signings have been reasonable, and hitting on some UDFAs is really nice gravy. Cap is generally in order and even with calamities beyond Grier's control the team possesses solid draft capital in the future. I've been saying it for awhile but the consensus seems to be coming around to the realization that the Dolphins are a very well managed organization--ownership missteps notwithstanding.

Other than some late picks in 2020 e.g. strowbridge there really haven't been any confirmed misses. Tua, Jackson and even Iggy are still here, young and appear to developing into their high potential despite some concerns in their first couple years. The rest of the picks are stars, starters or useful depth--which is pretty darn good. Calculated risks with trades and FA signings have been reasonable, and hitting on some UDFAs is really nice gravy. Cap is generally in order and even with calamities beyond Grier's control the team possesses solid draft capital in the future. I've been saying it for awhile but the consensus seems to be coming around to the realization that the Dolphins are a very well managed organization--ownership missteps notwithstanding.
I would like someone to ask Flores how much input he had into the drafts during his time in Miami, just to hear his response.

I don’t think you can even call anyone drafted 5th round or later a “miss”. Unless it’s a kicker or a punter. I do love it when those guys pleasantly surprise, though.

I would like someone to ask Flores how much input he had into the drafts during his time in Miami, just to hear his response.
Here's what would happen- Mr. Personality would offer an extended stink eye, followed by a low , gutteral, menacing growl, finished off with a monstrous greasy fart blasted in the interviewers general direction. That dude never said one damned thing worth listening to when he was here, he's not gonna start now.

So nice you gotta say it twice!

Kidding though. I know he was involved in the scouting dept before but since he became our GM he has torn down a roster with no real chance of competing and rebuilt it into a much more talented team (on paper) with a much improved cap situation, all without hemorrhaging the future (that’s our owner’s job). All this in a situation that was FUBAR behind the scenes.

I expect this season to be his crowning achievement and for him to be a finalist in the executive of the year race

I'm a little uncomfortable giving Grier direct credit. He certainly gets credit for getting the staff (e.g., scouts) together, but, as I've said for too long, he DOES NOT make the picks.
That said, it isn't coincidence recent draft picks have been much better. For that . . . kudos. As much as I'm down on Flo, he apparently knew a little about evaluations and, so far, Mcd looks even better.

Not to mention the trade for Hill.

I'm a little uncomfortable giving Grier direct credit. He certainly gets credit for getting the staff (e.g., scouts) together, but, as I've said for too long, he DOES NOT make the picks.
That said, it isn't coincidence recent draft picks have been much better. For that . . . kudos. As much as I'm down on Flo, he apparently knew a little about evaluations and, so far, Mcd looks even better.
True, but he does have the final say - most GM's do.

As much as I’m willing to give Grier a lot of credit for the improvement in the roster, I can’t forgive him for selecting Flores. He was entirely unqualified for the position. Grier was blinded by chasing the “Patriots Way**.”

Asterisks included due to the fact that it’s not actually real.

Back
Top Bottom