Mr. Grier, what have you done? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mr. Grier, what have you done?

I actually heard that Tua is responsible for Jackson and Iggy. Why not find one more thing to blame on the kid!! I'm joking, Tua is going to shock the world in an Ali Liston type scenario!! He looks so strong in his lower body, his core and anchor will be much more solid going forward. Playing on that bad hip had to have been very hard. In your mind you know what has to be done but the injured body wasn't cooperating. So people called him insulting and mean names instead of appreciating the courage it takes to go out there on a recently injured and surgically repaired hip. The biggest, strongest and fastest athletes in the world are trying to take your head off and Tua couldn't even protect himself because he was robbed of his quickness because of the surgery. The good news is that Tua is back and bigger and stronger than ever and smoking everybody on the field. Tua and McD are going to be amazing together. Final thought-Welker is off to a great start as a receivers coach!! Ezukanma is getting some buzz and Welker is getting some credit!

I can see that, but, if HC, scouts, coordinators, position coach prefer Unitias, I don't call that a tie, even if the others are advisors. That said, once the board is set, I see little internal debate unless a trade is offered or the next two players on the board are essentially equal.
"I can see that, but, if HC, scouts, coordinators, position coach prefer Unitias, I don't call that a tie, even if the others are advisors. "

I do.

The question is - Who is in charge of those guys?
Some report to the Head Coach.
The others report to the Front Office i.e., the General Manager.

Now we are down to the two people responsible for the final decision, the HC and the GM.
The GM has the final responsibility for the draft and therefor makes the final decision.

While it's true that he is guided by the HC and the myriad of other recommending personnel and should pay heed to their requirements and recommendations; in the end he is the one saying yea or nay.

The GM is also responsible for trades and contracts, which makes sense. These are often involved in making changes to the draft positions and selections and he will rely heavily on information from the HC, but there again he is the final arbiter of who we get and from where.

It's like a ship of war where there are navigators, officers of the deck and in charge of stores and gun crews, all part of the focus of what's going on aboard the ship.

The question of how the ship will go, who will man it and how it will get there, is the captains. The captain certainly needs to manage all the others (think General Manager or Admiral Manager if you want to keep it nautical) - LOL.

I think I've made my point as clearly as I can.

"I can see that, but, if HC, scouts, coordinators, position coach prefer Unitias, I don't call that a tie, even if the others are advisors. "

I do.

The question is - Who is in charge of those guys?
Some report to the Head Coach.
The others report to the Front Office i.e., the General Manager.

Now we are down to the two people responsible for the final decision, the HC and the GM.
The GM has the final responsibility for the draft and therefor makes the final decision.

While it's true that he is guided by the HC and the myriad of other recommending personnel and should pay heed to their requirements and recommendations; in the end he is the one saying yea or nay.

The GM is also responsible for trades and contracts, which makes sense. These are often involved in making changes to the draft positions and selections and he will rely heavily on information from the HC, but there again he is the final arbiter of who we get and from where.

It's like a ship of war where there are navigators, officers of the deck and in charge of stores and gun crews, all part of the focus of what's going on aboard the ship.

The question of how the ship will go, who will man it and how it will get there, is the captains. The captain certainly needs to manage all the others (think General Manager or Admiral Manager if you want to keep it nautical) - LOL.

I think I've made my point as clearly as I can.
.agree. I think our disagreement is more a matter of degree than opposition

Thank god for Chris Grier.

Sorry your idiot boss cost us valuable draft picks.

Our handicap is ownership.
Chris Grier could have politely told his idiot boss that tampering is something the NFL will not **** around with, instead of aiding it.

Chris Grier could have politely told his idiot boss that tampering is something the NFL will not **** around with, instead of aiding it.
Did Grier know what Ross and Beal were doing?

So Mr. Grier, you went into this draft with a 3rd, 4th, and two 7th round picks.

So far, you picked up an athletic freak in Channing Tindall who should contribute immediately on Special Teams as well as certain sub packages designed to target and destroy the other team’s quarterback.

You and Wes Welker found a steal in the 4th round with Eric Ezukanma who knows how to get separation and possess great body control at the point of contact. Not to mention that he catches everything with his sticky hands, which is only bested by circumstances sticky hands after an afternoon of self- indulgence!

Skylar Thompson has played well enough to date that people on this site are entertaining the notion of trading Bridgewater for a future draft pick.

Throw in the emergence of a Braylon Sanders and a Tanner Conner as undrafted free agents and you see a team that is building the foundation of quality depth as well as competition on the practice field.

So far, not too shabby Mr. Grier.
He finally was left alone in the decision making process without Tannebaum and Flores breathing down his neck. Furthermore, continuity and time played a key role. He’s the only organizational decision make that’s lasted longer than 2-3 years. This is season six as GM. Josh Boyer will be the only coordinator we had for 3 plus years in over 2 decades. We haven’t had the same OC longer then two years since Dan Henning back in 2008-10. The best decision Ross did was holding on to Grier. And he also did his due diligence on Mc Daniel, and became enamored with him and instrumental in him getting the head coaching job. All we need now is the injury gods to be in our favor, and we are heading to Arizona to play win the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Unfortunately because of certain people just project negativity. I feel bad for them because they are stuck in the dark.

It's weird when people say stuff like this as if the Dolphins have been a relevant team winning playoff games.

I'm negative about this team because the product it consistently puts on the field for the last 20 years.

The onus to prove themselves not insane is on those who think this team is gonna be good every year. I sure as hell wouldn't gloat about being wrong for the last 2 decades ... on repeat.

Chris Grier deserves the same praise as this football team. Which is none until it produces results.

Last edited:
When was the last time you told your "idiot boss" something like that?
I bet it would piss her off - LOL

It's weird when people say stuff like this as if the Dolphins have been a relevant team winning playoff games.

I'm negative about this team because the product it consistently puts on the field for the last 20 years.

The onus to prove themselves not insane is on those who think this team is gonna be good every year. I sure as hell wouldn't gloat about being wrong for the last 2 decades ... on repeat.

Chris Grier deserves the same praise as this football team. Which is none until it produces results.
boo hoo?

He finally was left alone in the decision making process without Tannebaum and Flores breathing down his neck. Furthermore, continuity and time played a key role. He’s the only organizational decision make that’s lasted longer than 2-3 years. This is season six as GM. Josh Boyer will be the only coordinator we had for 3 plus years in over 2 decades. We haven’t had the same OC longer then two years since Dan Henning back in 2008-10. The best decision Ross did was holding on to Grier. And he also did his due diligence on Mc Daniel, and became enamored with him and instrumental in him getting the head coaching job. All we need now is the injury gods to be in our favor, and we are heading to Arizona to play win the Super Bowl.
I love your enthusiasm!! My concern is that there are tons of new parts that have to perfectly blend together and that's a lot to hope for. Maybe for the first few games temper the expectations just a bit. The start of the schedule is a bear and we may need time to gel. But, we have insane team speed, I love McD and I love the addition of Hill. Tua looks ready to shut everybody up!

While I agree with some of your sentiment, don’t you think each team each year is new. New coaches new players, and doesn’t deserve negativity because of what happened in the past?

It never hurts to be positive , eventually we will get it right and this just might be the year.

While I agree with some of your sentiment, don’t you think each team each year is new. New coaches new players, and doesn’t deserve negativity because of what happened in the past?
I couldnt imagine being a die hard dolphins fan. I feel bad for you guys. Every year its the same hope, and the same end result. 20 years of we are going to be great must get old. Don't get me wrong I like the dolphins, but I'm not die hard.

The usual Chris Grier off-season praise. In the past years it was around week 4 of the regular season when it cooled down. He’s done nothing to improve the team, it’s the same average team, he’s the definition of average. Let’s see how the team does this season before giving him any credit.

Fun fact: he left the Patriots for the Dolphins in 2000. The Dolphins are 1-4 in the playoffs since, the Patriots are 30-12. They have played 42 playoff games, we have played 5. Maybe he isn’t even average.
I’m not praising Grier yet but to say……”he’s done nothing to improve the team”!??
Armstead, Hill?
1660005220200.gif

Back
Top Bottom