MSNBC gives us a B.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MSNBC gives us a B....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7619477/

MIAMI - The Dolphins began the week with only one pick in the first 70 but ended it with perhaps the best back in the draft in Auburn's Ronnie Brown. They shipped out expensive and unhappy corner Patrick Surtain to the Chiefs for their second-round pick and used it to land defensive end Matt Roth, who some teams had projected as a late first-round choice. The defense got a playmaking boost in the third round, too, with Florida linebacker Channing Crowder. If Crowder's often troublesome knees hold up and he avoids a repeat of past off-field problems, he could be a good addition to a defense that's starting to age. For first day out, rookie coach Nick Saban landed solid players who should help the rebuilding process while also putting the team in position to squeeze Ricky Williams hard because they don't need him any more.

I dont agree with the B. Should of been at worst an A-. However, thats fine, a B is better than the F we always got when Wanny drafted.

Look at last year, where basically no one came in that could honestly compete except Carey, who didn't, Hadnot tried. This year, we have guys ready to come in and compete for starting jobs, and guys that have starting jobs. We stuck to BPA, and got solid players. Crowder was projected in 6 of 9 mock drafts to go #1, as high as the Seahawks, as low as the Patriots, and I said many with him going to the Pats. I look at that, and I was like damn, I remember watching the game when he had come back from a knee injury, and he tore it up, he was the heart of the UF defense, man, I think he is a steal.

I think the first 3 picks were outstanding, and I cannot judge the final 3 without further review. You can't always trust the mass produced scouting reports, but you certainly can trust the word of Houck.

What's not to like? A-.

how can you accurately grade a teams draft when not one of these players have ever played a down in the NFL???? Never got it, never will. Would seem more logical to grade this years draft in a few years or so, some players are busts, some are sleepers. There is no way of knowing that immediately. You could say we drafted A- and not have a single player drafted this year on the team in four years. Not probable but possible. I guess then it would be an F. Help me out here.

13marino13 said:
how can you accurately grade a teams draft when not one of these players have ever played a down in the NFL???? Never got it, never will. Would seem more logical to grade this years draft in a few years or so, some players are busts, some are sleepers. There is no way of knowing that immediately. You could say we drafted A- and not have a single player drafted this year on the team in four years. Not probable but possible. I guess then it would be an F. Help me out here.

Your right drafts are decided by on field performance and to accurately grade it you need to wait a few years, but what would all the journalists be doing if they couldnt predict how good players are. At the same time what are the points of mock drafts? and predicting games? There is no point! But its fun.

Back
Top Bottom