Mt. Rushmore | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Robbie
Shula
Griese
Csonka

And a lot of honorable mentions...

Since it's called Rushmore: Taylor, Csonka, Wake, Ricky

And with Ricky they can carve it into the smoky mountains.

140106c866f24e2da49e0a4d214953f5_zps1905-1.jpg

By any objective measure, in reality Robbie, Shula, and Marino are all set in stone LOL.

The last spot is harder but Griese is the best of several very good candidates.

When ESPN did this a few years back it was for overall athletes in the state of Florida and my candidates were Don Shula, Steve Spurrier, Jack Nicklaus and Emmitt Smith, with Chris Evert just missing the cut on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
You really need 5. Extremely difficult to leave out anyone among Robbie, Shula, Csonka, Griese and Marino. Everybody else is a clear notch below, unless you use the Undefeated Season, as already nominated.

I'm amazed so many posters are content to leave out Griese. He was the dependable rock for more than a decade. Our image was smarter and more resourceful than everyone else, and the centerpiece was Griese. Until he replaced Morrall in that '72 AFC Championship Game, I was watching silently, fully expecting to lose. Morrall had lost it against Cleveland a week earlier, other than one 4th quarter launch to Warfield. Morrall had hit a wall. Luckily for the history and legend of our franchise, Shula recognized it in time.

What the heck. I'm never been hesitant to voice it previously. Marino after the San Diego game in late '84 was responsible for the most disgusting football in our franchise's history. Absolutely sickening, other than the opportunity to isolate games to confidently bet against. Pantyhose passing team in an age of fortified NFC brutes. Disgraceful displays like 8 rushing attempts in that '94 loss at San Diego, despite leading the entire game, often by wide margin.

I can't reward a cupcake like Marino with a spot on that wall. Put him in that hidden Mount Rushmore chamber, whatever it is. Some type of obscure hall of records. That's Marino, nothing but records, many of them long gone.

Cameron wake
Dion jordan

Only two heads on this mountain for how much pass rushing they're going to be doing

Rush-more

I don't know how ANYBODY can put Jason Taylor on the list over say Zach Thomas. Especially, considering JT was willing and went to a Division Rival?

I don't know how ANYBODY can put Jason Taylor on the list over say Zach Thomas. Especially, considering JT was willing and went to a Division Rival?

They feel Jason was a better player I guess. We didnt want him so what should he do just get screwed over like Zach.

Back
Top Bottom