Mt. Rushmore | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Seriously. I grew up in the 80's and I fully respect what the team accomplished in the 70s, but everyone should know that You do NOT come on a Dolphins board and bash Dan Marino. That man kept the Dolphins relevant throughout the 80's and 90's and if you exclude Duper/Clayton/Stephenson through the early part of his career and Taylor/Thomas during the twilight of his career, he didn't have much help in between. Bob Griese was great and he has two Super Bowl rings sure. Dan Marino is one of the best to ever play period.

My Mt. Rushmore:

1. Shula
2. Marino
3. Csonka
4. Taylor (Time heals all wounds and I have gotten over his one year defection to the Jets. He deserves a spot IMO)

Bob Griese was a hall of famer and a league MVP.

Dan Marino was one of the greatest passers in NFL history, Bob Griese was a was quarterback and field general.

And, it is laughable to place Taylor over Bob Griese(hall of famer)(2 time Superbowl champion quarterback)(league MVP, Bert Bell award winner).

Last edited by a moderator:
Ted Ginn
Cam Cameron
Eddie Moore
Jason Allen

Interesting ...

I'd go with:
- Pat White (:chuckle:)
- Dave Wannstedt (everything is his fault)
- RDS (epic meet-n-greets)
- My left testicle (with this collection of nuts, why not?)

Please, they played most of their Dolphin careers in the Wannstedt and after era....and this team hasn't been a real contender since before them going back to the Shula era.

The Jimmy Johnson teams were a joke for the most part. Zach and JT were excellent players on bad Dolphin teams period.

To a fan who's seen all of the Dolphin history....everything after Shula is one bad era for the most part...thats how I see it. It can be broken into coaching era's but for me it comes down to this team hasn't made it to a conference championship game since Shula in the early 90's.

Those playoff appearances after that were for the most part a joke.

Sorry, but a perennial playoff team is anything but a joke. '90s Bengals, '00 Lions, those are jokes. Even if they didn't do well in the playoffs, those were some darn good football teams, and Taylor and Thomas were at the forefront.

Sorry, but a perennial playoff team is anything but a joke. '90s Bengals, '00 Lions, those are jokes. Even if they didn't do well in the playoffs, those were some darn good football teams, and Taylor and Thomas were at the forefront.

You obviously don't remember the Shula era...Miami has not been a real contender since Shula..that is a fact.

Darn good football teams are REAL threats to win championships, the Miami Dolphins after Shula have never gotten as far as the 2009-2010 Jets. which made it to back to back AFC Championship games.

Nobody is a bigger fan of this team than me, but it has never been more than a PRETENDER since Shula left...and that is sad for Zach and JT and all of us fans..but it is the truth.

Bob Griese was a hall of famer and a league MVP.

Dan Marino was one of the greatest passers in NFL history, Bob Griese was a was quarterback and field general.

And, it is laughable to place Taylor over Bob Griese(hall of famer)(2 time Superbowl champion quarterback)(league MVP, Bert Bell award winner).

I have a lot of respect for Griese as a great qb as I stated above, but you never hear anyone with credibility list him as one of the greatest of all time. Marino is in that class. He wasn't fortunate enough to play with the talent that surrounded Griese. That's why it's "laughable" to me that you are so offended by my exclusion of Griese from my personal Mt. Rushmore. There were times when the man had to do nothing more than hand the ball off to Csonka. In Super Bowl VIII he threw a total of seven passes. The Dolphins of the 70's utilized a power running game and were known for their strong defense. It's funny that I didn't see him make the cut on a lot of other posts.

I have a lot of respect for Griese as a great qb as I stated above, but you never hear anyone with credibility list him as one of the greatest of all time. Marino is in that class. He wasn't fortunate enough to play with the talent that surrounded Griese. That's why it's "laughable" to me that you are so offended by my exclusion of Griese from my personal Mt. Rushmore. There were times when the man had to do nothing more than hand the ball off to Csonka. In Super Bowl VIII he threw a total of seven passes. The Dolphins of the 70's utilized a power running game and were known for their strong defense. It's funny that I didn't see him make the cut on a lot of other posts.

Anyone who thinks all Bob Griese did was hand the ball off to Csonka is wrong.

Terry Bradshaw in the late 70's stated Bob Griese was the best QB in the game. Primarily his ability to read defenses and unlike most QB'S...Bob Griese called all the plays...a true field general.

Any QB who makes it to the hall of fame is by definition one the greatest of all time(its just a matter of how large a list your using), Griese is not the passer Marino was, but he was a more rounded overall QB.

His accomplishments overall place him well above Jason Taylor in Dolphin history and far more deserving of a place on a Dolphin mount rushmore, if your personal fanhood of Taylor forces you to place him...thats fine...but it's not how reality would play out if one was created.

Anyone who thinks all Bob Griese did was hand the ball off to Csonka is wrong.

Terry Bradshaw in the late 70's stated Bob Griese was the best QB in the game. Primarily his ability to read defenses and unlike most QB'S...Bob Griese called all the plays...a true field general.

Any QB who makes it to the hall of fame is by definition one the greatest of all time(its just a matter of how large a list your using), Griese is not the passer Marino was, but he was a more rounded overall QB.

His accomplishments overall place him well above Jason Taylor in Dolphin history and far more deserving of a place on a Dolphin mount rushmore, if your personal fanhood of Taylor forces you to place him...thats fine...but it's not how reality would play out if one was created.

Bob Griese has to be in the top 3 players in franchise history. It shouldnt even be a debate.

If his career hadn't been so shortened by injury, we'd have John Offerdahl up there. Played only 89 games, but made the Pro Bowl in each of his first 5 seasons. Possibly our all-time best defensive player during the brief time he played for us.

If his career hadn't been so shortened by injury, we'd have John Offerdahl up there. Played only 89 games, but made the Pro Bowl in each of his first 5 seasons. Possibly our all-time best defensive player during the brief time he played for us.

Bill Stanfill is another one, as well Bob Baumhower. Stanfill posted 67 1/2 sacks in 6 healthy seasons of 14 game schedules...18 1/2 in 1973 alone.

If Stanfill had had a long career he'd be in the hall of fame. Only 6 healthy seasons.

Back
Top Bottom