Mueller on ESPN News (nothing big) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mueller on ESPN News (nothing big)

bfishusi

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seemed to think Benson was the best back in the draft and said he didn't know why some didn't feel the same way. Said he felt he could come right in and play at a high level. This part is just opinion but it seemed that he was speaking of the phins when he said he didn't know why some didn't value Benson as the best back.

I still think that that Brown will be the best rookie RB this year. I mean Brown can block good, catch good and also he can run. The only reason why everybody is so high on Benson is because he is prob the only one out of the 3 that can carry the load by himself and get alot of rushing yards.

bfishusi said:
Seemed to think Benson was the best back in the draft and said he didn't know why some didn't feel the same way. Said he felt he could come right in and play at a high level. This part is just opinion but it seemed that he was speaking of the phins when he said he didn't know why some didn't value Benson as the best back.

I agree with him that Benson is the best, but I'm not sure he was directly speaking of us, because nobody (except his staff) knows how SABAN actually has them ranked. I think that was a general statement because, since the combine, I don't think I have seen any article, scouting reports, draft boards, or mock drafts where Benson is still ahead of Brown, and some even have him behind Cadillac.

Agent51 said:
I agree with him that Benson is the best, but I'm not sure he was directly speaking of us, because nobody (except his staff) knows how SABAN actually has them ranked. I think that was a general statement because, since the combine, I don't think I have seen any article, scouting reports, draft boards, or mock drafts where Benson is still ahead of Brown, and some even have him behind Cadillac.

True, that may be the reason that so many mocks have us drafting Brown. Maybe that is where he got it. He said " I don't know why some teams don't value him higher". Many feel that Chicago favors Benson so I jumped that he was speaking of us. Again, it could be that he was thinking that we preferred Brown because most mocks have us taking him. Just my opinion.

PhinDude88 said:
I still think that that Brown will be the best rookie RB this year. I mean Brown can block good, catch good and also he can run. The only reason why everybody is so high on Benson is because he is prob the only one out of the 3 that can carry the load by himself and get alot of rushing yards.

Everyone is so high on BROWN, the Benson supporters are in the minority, both on the boards AND by the "experts". Benson can block just as well as Brown (some reports have him rated as being better than brown blocking), and he has good hands too, although Brown prolly does have the better hands. Being the Texas fan I am I can tell you that passes to the RB weren't a big part of the offense there. I'm not sure about the frequency of them at Auburn because I didn't watch all their games, but they were obviously more for Brown to get THIS MUCH recognition for his hands. Look, the point is they are RUNNING BACKS, and while blocking and recieving are part of the duties of that position, first and foremorst is RUNNING THE BALL, which Benson does the best of the three. And when you factor in their pretty much even blocking abilities and give the hands edge to Brown, that leaves Benson being a better rusher and Brown a better reciever, I'll take the better rushing RUNNING BACK any day.

bfishusi said:
True, that may be the reason that so many mocks have us drafting Brown. Maybe that is where he got it. He said " I don't know why some teams don't value him higher". Many feel that Chicago favors Benson so I jumped that he was speaking of us. Again, it could be that he was thinking that we preferred Brown because most mocks have us taking him. Just my opinion.

good point, and it could very well be that. I just hope the mock's are wrong and Saban thinks like me, haha

Ohio Fanatic said:
If I remember correctly, we tried to lure him away from ESPN more than once to be our GM.

Yep.

Benson is proven, has done it all, and is a great back. Brown had a great 40 time, is not as proven, i want the proven player.

Phinsdude said:
Benson is proven, has done it all, and is a great back. Brown had a great 40 time, is not as proven, i want the proven player.

Awesome, one more for the good guys

PhinDude88 said:
The only reason why everybody is so high on Benson is because he is prob the only one out of the 3 that can carry the load by himself and get alot of rushing yards.
Isn't that the job of a running back?

Spegg said:
Isn't that the job of a running back?

LOL, yep, blocking and receiving are important skills for a RB to have, but their main job is RUNNING. You have a line for blocking and WRs for receiving. Not to mention Benson and Brown are about even in their blocking ability and, while Brown edges out benson in receiving skills, Benson doesn't exactly suck at receiving, as he had more catches and receiving TDs than Brown did in his college career.

My question would be not which back is the best right this moment, but which of the three do you think will be the best in about 2-3 years when we have a decent team and will attempt to make a playoff run.

Back
Top Bottom