Mularkey's staff in Buffalo | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mularkey's staff in Buffalo

TigerJ

Bills fan
Reaction score
So whaddaya'll think? We're pretty happy with it in Buffalo.

Mularkey is an unknown as a h-c, can he be successful ???????

I think that he will need a lot of help from his coaching staff which means he better hope that his selection of assistants can bail him out when the need is there !!

He had success when K Stewart as his qb when the Steelers went to their last s-b but that only lasted that one season ...

Imo I think that the jills could have done a lot better if they would have hired J Fassel ...

Marino1983

Originally posted by Marino1983
Mularkey is an unknown as a h-c, can he be successful ???????

I think that he will need a lot of help from his coaching staff which means he better hope that his selection of assistants can bail him out when the need is there !!

He had success when K Stewart as his qb when the Steelers went to their last s-b but that only lasted that one season ...

Imo I think that the jills could have done a lot better if they would have hired J Fassel ...

Marino1983
Steelers haven't been to the superbowl since 95-96.
I agree, Fassel would've probably been a better hire, but the assistants we've hired are very impressive, especially Wyche and McNally...which should help our 2 weakest positions from this year, qb and o-line

Jim Fassel was probably the fan favorite to succeed Gregg Williams, though there were plenty of Charlie Weis supporters, and at least initially some Coughlin supporters. Time will tell. I think one reason Tom Donahoe passed on Charlie Weis was New England's continued progress in the playoffs that we all know ended in a Super Bowl championship. I personally think Mularkey assembled as strong a staff as any of the new coaches, and that Charlie Weis would not have been able to do as well starting after the Super Bowl simply because the available pool would have been somewhat depleted. Conventional wisdom says head coaching experience is a good thing. I agree that Jim Fassel is something of a known quantity, and it may take longer for Mularkey to get into the swing of things, but I don't attach too much significance to the Steeler's recent mediocrity as a factor in predicting Mularkey's success or failure. As I said, time will tell.

Obviously fassell wasn't wanted elsewhere either.

Back
Top Bottom