Muschamp Fired!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Muschamp Fired!!!

CO-Gator

They all float down here.
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm on my phone so I don't feel like posting a link but it's official!

Better a year late than never. God bless you Steve Spurrier!

HPj4EKF-1.gif

anchorman-1.jpg

tumblr_m31rfa1JJo1qd8tfx-1.gif

[video=youtube;3GwjfUFyY6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would laugh uncontrollably if Charlie Strong decided he'd had enough of big oil meddling Texas boosters in one season and jumped ship to UF.

I would laugh uncontrollably if Charlie Strong decided he'd had enough of big oil meddling Texas boosters in one season and jumped ship to UF.

That would be great. Alabama boosters can get bad but as long as you are in the championship game every year its enough to pacify them lol

My post-mortem comes down to this:

When Meyer left, the program was in bad shape. They had just gone 7-5. The roster and more particularly the offensive side of the ball was depleted. On top of all that was all the off-field issues, well-documented arrest record and the thug image that had crept into the program. Foley and the university did not like that. They brought in a guy with a no-nonsense approach and to his credit, Muschamp did a great job of largely eliminating the behavior issues and significantly improving the graduation rate for the team.

Defensively, UF excelled. That 2012 unit was the greatest Gator defense I've ever seen. That team won 11 games with a below-average offense. Most of those starters are now playing in the NFL. But on the offensive side of the ball it was the exact opposite. UF whiffed on a ton of in-state recruits that excel/excelled at other schools. UF consistently ranked in the 100s in total offense under Muschamp. There was very little development of the offensive talent that actually came here. Since Muschamp took the job, the number of players who transferred was staggering. The avalanche of injuries that torpedoed the 2013 season was unreal, but there's still no excuse for losing to Georgia Southern. He also stuck with Jeff Driskel too long after he proved over and over again that he couldn't play.

He should have been gone after last season but Foley waited until he had no choice. That loss to SC was inexplicable. They say prevent D prevents wins, but so does prevent O. Conservative football is losing football. Those empty bleachers at home games won't fill themselves. One thing is certain, there is still a ton of talent on this team. But this hire needs to be solid and swift. Our 2015 recruiting class as it currently sits is dangerously thin. I like Gundy, Stoops, and McElwain at CSU. I highly doubt any current head coach within the SEC will come here. Harbaugh, Kelly, Kelly, Patterson, Gruden, and others I can't think of are also likely out of the question.

Back
Top Bottom