Must win game already? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Must win game already?

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I believe the game against the Titans is a must win game. I realize it is early, but here is my logic:

We have the toughest schedule remaining in the NFL, let's face it, the road ahead isn't any easier. We need to win this game becuase we need to get some momentum and confidence, something we are seriously lacking. Because if we lose this game, things are just going to look even more dismal then they already do. We really need to keep a good record in the division and against AFC opponents, because if we can't capture the Division with this though schedule, our only hope is a wild card, so we need a good AFC record.

But this is a must win game IMO becuase we need to shift momentum back to winning, this team needs a boost. A convinsing win against a bad team.

I mean we played very poorly against the colts, and we were right there until the end, and they are a very good team.

If we can contain eddie george, we will make mcnair beat us, which he certainly can do, he is simply amazing, but sam and pat can come up big in that game and help us. We just need to get some pressure on the qb early and often.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins

I mean we played very poorly against the colts

The running game was ineffective but the passing game was sharp when given the time.

The defense missed a lot of tackles but contained the Colts even tough. And if it wasn't for a few lucky plays they would have done a better job.

Overall we didn't play very poorly against maybe the best team in the NFL.

I feel we played very poorly. That was a team we should haven been able to run all over on, yet didn't. We were letting second string running backs pick up first down's on us. Luck played a part. Bad tackling played a part. HOrrible coaching played a part. Wade Smith played a part. But I still think we played an awful game, knowing what this team is capable of.

X X X X
X X X X

That's why we weren't able to run over them. We did hit them with big pass plays because of that.

If they were doing that all game Griese would have had 500 yards and 5 td's. They backed out, and we still couldn't run.

You said they had 8 in the box all game and they didn't. I said if they did that then griese would have had 500 yards.

"The defense missed a lot of tackles but contained the Colts even tough. And if it wasn't for a few lucky plays they would have done a better job." - FinsGoToGuy

You told me yesterday they couldn't stop the Colts from getting a field goal if we scored too quick.

"Maybe but we didn't really stop the Colts...they had a few scoring drives." - FinsGoToGuy

Which way do you want it?

Given Wanny's record in "must-win" games, I am not comforted by the thought that this is one of them.

Yea, well, we are going to have to change that record. Becuase 5-4 looks horrible right now if we lose that game. 6-3 Looks much better.

Back
Top Bottom