My #1 Priority: Mike Sherman needs to go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My #1 Priority: Mike Sherman needs to go

oasis

Lost in the fog
Reaction score
Not exactly one to make knee-jerk reaction threads calling for heads, but I can't contain myself. Mike Sherman simply needs to go. The offensive play calling is ridiculous. Whatever talent Tannehill has (I'll leave for others to debate) is going to waste. Mike Wallace's abilities (again, I leave to others to debate) are also going to waste. We are predictable and plodding with seemingly no effort to get creative when we need to or fix the problems we have week after week. Heck, when Sparano/Henning were here and O was miserable, at least they came up with a creative solution. We trot out the same miserable crap on offense week after week.

I'm not as big on cleaning house as others are. IMHO, the main problem on this team is this offense and the inability and inflexibility to adapt to personnel limitations and player abilities. Player strengths are hardly maximized. Instead we keep trying to run stretch plays with O-linemen that can't run, or we keep sending Lamar Miller straight into the pile. Our backs have limited vision, but we also don't make any efforts to get them in space. Everything is so precision-based with hardly any room for error. Moving the ball 2 yards at a time takes so much freaking effort for this team.

Philbin won't want to fire Sherman because he's his buddy and mentor. But Sherman is the main problem. If Ireland/Philbin have to go, fine, as long as Mike Sherman goes in the process. Day to day, week-to-week, it's Sherman holding this team back.

Sherman needs to go. Its obvious he is here on the same plan Henning was. Like DH, he only calls good plays for 2 qtrs.

Further, Turner IMO will be made the scape goat for Bully-gate and he'll be gone.

Back
Top Bottom