My 1st Mock Draft (I'm starting small) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 1st Mock Draft (I'm starting small)

It'll Happen11

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Since this is my 1st mock draft and I drew it up pretty quickly, I'm only going to mock the top 10 picks. I'll mock the whole round later.

1.Houston- RB Reggie Bush (You can't pass this guy up)

2.San Francisco- OT D'Brickshaw Ferguson (I think they trade this pick but if not: Bush is gone. They wont go Leinart. So they go with last Top 3 Value)

3.New York Jets- QB Matt Leinart (Looks like Pennington is done in New York)

4.New Orleans- LB A.J Hawk ( Although tempted to select Young, the Saints are finally in position to put one of the best defensive prospects to come along in years on their roster and they dont pass him up.)

5.Green Bay- DE Mario Williams (Defense. They need it badly.)

6.Arizona- QB Vince Young ( The Cardinals finally get a Quarterback)

7.Buffalo- DT Haloti Ngata ( A lot of mocks are picking the Bills to select a LB here but I think their LB's are not bad at all right now. What they need is a DT to replace Pat and make the LB's even that much better)

8.Tenn.- OT Eric Winston (Although he's dropped on many peoples boards I think he is still the 2nd best OT in the draft)

9.Detroit- OLB Chad Greenway (The Lions need to finally get a good LB to lead and improve this defense)

10.Oakland- OLB DeMeco Ryans ( Raiders need help in the front 7)

* The only real notable top 10 drop I can see is Jimmy Williams. I think he can easily go to any of the teams I picked to take a defensive player.

the ngata to buffalo pick is a no-brainer, not sure why anyone would disagree with that. nice first mock

Honestly I can't see Houston taking Bush except under one condition and that's a draft and trade. I see either them trading down so they can nap multiple players especially o-line or taking d'brick. Houston desperately needs o-line and that will/should be their focus. There is no point in having Bush if he has no place to run. And Carr will never have a chance with no time to throw. That is why I can't see them taking Bush.

I could definitely understand the New Orleans pick. What some people forget when doing their mock draft is that N.O. already drafted Adrian McPherson last year.

Silverphin said:
I could definitely understand the New Orleans pick. What some people forget when doing their mock draft is that N.O. already drafted Adrian McPherson last year.

u dont pass on a 1st round QB that u like because u drafted a 5th round project from Arena Football league.

and im a McPherson fan.

FinSinceBirth said:
Honestly I can't see Houston taking Bush except under one condition and that's a draft and trade. I see either them trading down so they can nap multiple players especially o-line or taking d'brick. Houston desperately needs o-line and that will/should be their focus. There is no point in having Bush if he has no place to run. And Carr will never have a chance with no time to throw. That is why I can't see them taking Bush.

Agreed

Also they have their back, Dominik Davis and they just signed him to a huge deal this year, its like saying the colts should trade up and draft a QB

Alex22 said:
Agreed

Also they have their back, Dominik Davis and they just signed him to a huge deal this year, its like saying the colts should trade up and draft a QB

You need a new line man, your wearing that one out. Bush is twice the player Davis is.

SpeedRush99 said:
You need a new line man, your wearing that one out. Bush is twice the player Davis is.

hate to agree with a gators fan. but i agree. if they got a chance to take bush, they wont pass. Davis is good, but hes not a game breaker.

and he didnt sign a huge contract. after a couple years they can cut him without a huge penalty.

Texans take Bush or trade that pick. Davis hasnt played that great this year and Bush is the best player in the draft. Id let Carr go and take Leinart if I was them but thats just my opinion. If the Texans could trade Bush to the Jest, get a couple extra picks, take Leinart I think they would have the best draft possible for them. Obviously Im not a huge Carr guy.

davis has 1000 yards this season, averaging 4.2 yards a carry. not great, but not a bad year by any means

Back
Top Bottom