My 1st Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 1st Mock Draft

smaple said:
I live in Columbus OH and am around many crazy Browns fans (unfortunately). Anyway, I've heard no talk of interest in Alex Smith. Nothing on web sites either. Where did you hear? Interested, not giving you a hard time.

No offense but yall got really bad QBs :D. Why wouldn't u be interested?

Eric-Gofins said:
if the dolphins take a QB... then the Browns will look like idiots... or some other team might trade up... if Browns really want a certain player..they may pay the higher price but at least they got who they wanted...

its like what we did last year to move up one spot to get Carey... even though the Vikings werent going to draft Oline...

Agreed, I just didn't hear anything about Cleveland wanting a QB this year. I do however know they need one.

PhinDude88 said:
I doubt that we are going to take a CB that hight. We mave bigger needs then that.

Yuh thinking bout that we would be better off getting David Baas in the 2nd instead of McFadden

Finfan86 said:
No offense but yall got really bad QBs :D. Why wouldn't u be interested?

Hey, I'm not a Browns fan. Can't stand them. I'm just telling you what I hear up here. I agree they need a QB, but they need a lot more than that. I assume they want to trade down also. I'm just looking for someone to tell me some rumors they heard.

Finfan86 said:
Mock Draft
1. Ronnie Brown RB (trade to #3 with Cleveland pickup 2nd)
2a. Ernest Shazor S (Surtain)
2b. Bryant McFadden CB
3. Dan Orlovsky QB
4. Craphonso Thorpe WR
5. Junius Coston C
6. Daniel Loper OT
7. Ryan Claridge OLB

I think David Baas instead of McFadden and then Travis Daniels insteadl of Loper

Finfan86 said:
Yuh thinking bout that we would be better off getting David Baas in the 2nd instead of McFadden

If we do have two 2nd rounders by draft day then one should be a S and the other should be a C. We can draft a CB in the later rounds.

Finfan86 said:
Mock Draft
2b. David Baas G/C
3. Dan Orlovsky QB
4. Craphonso Thorpe WR
5. Junius Coston C
6. Travis Daniels CB
7. Ryan Claridge OLB

Very good but I would hope that maybe we could trade down from #3 to another spot to get even more picks. I'm also not huge on Orlovsky. Too raw and developmental.

ih8brady said:
Very good but I would hope that maybe we could trade down from #3 to another spot to get even more picks. I'm also not huge on Orlovsky. Too raw and developmental.

Im a huge Uconn fan and watched alot of their games and he lead them to a 7-4 overall and a 3-3 Big East record. He was projected mid first round at the beginning of the year. He's a little raw but has great leadership skills.

Finfan86 said:
Im a huge Uconn fan and watched alot of their games and he lead them to a 7-4 overall and a 3-3 Big East record. He was projected mid first round at the beginning of the year. He's a little raw but has great leadership skills.

He definitely has the tools but will he take longer to develop than your typical QB prospect? :confused:

Finfan86 said:
Mock Draft
2b. David Baas G/C
3. Dan Orlovsky QB
4. Craphonso Thorpe WR
5. Junius Coston C
6. Travis Daniels CB
7. Ryan Claridge OLB

I would rather see us draft McPherson than Orlovsky and Vicent Jackson over Thorpe. Also, we don't have a 6th round pick. I also see us picking up Wilkerson from LSU to play center. I see us getting a 3rd for Surtain than a 2nd. Based on your trades, I see the draft more like:

1 - R. Brown RB
2a - E. Shazor -S
3a - A. McPherson - QB
3b - Wilkerson - C
4 - V. Jackson - WR
5 - Best Available DT or LB
7 - Best Player Available

Eric-Gofins said:
no need to waste 3 round on McPherson... take a real need instead..

We're not exactly set at QB. Why not take a prospect?

ih8brady said:
We're not exactly set at QB. Why not take a prospect?

take a prospect.. but not a project.....im ok with taking a QB..not mcpherson

take a project with the 5th or 7th round.... not a 3rd..

this guy has 4 career NCAA starts... no college education... nice rap sheet..

Im not a fan of this mock draft. I think Brown is a great prospect but a QB is a more pressing need for us and taking Brown at #2 is too high. Especially when there are 300 million backs in this draft that have tremendous upside. I like the Shazor pick and Thorpe i think those guys can be immediate contributors. We just need to take a QB at #2....you cant give a RB that kind of money..they are a dime a dozen these days. James and Alexander were being shopped for 2nd round picks...and these guys are top 5-7 backs in the league. I think the only pick at #2 is Rodgers or Smith. Just my opinion though. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom