my 2 cents on trading down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my 2 cents on trading down

UltraDol-Fan

The Id
Reaction score
I don't think we will be able to trade out of the number 2 spot until during the draft and everyone sees who San Fran takes. No one is going to want to trade with us now, because if they want a certain player, there is always a chance that San Fran will take that player with the number 1 pick and then whoever traded with us may be in a postition of having no one there that they want.

Actually I think it's quite different
if they take Rodgers there is still Smith
if they take Brown there is still Benson
if they take Braylon there is still mike williams
at # 2 you get first shot at any other category or wrap up a category with an elite player...

Im a 99% sure that if Saban wants to trade down he will and he will get the appropriate value for doing so.

I think the 49ers will wrap up a deal with aaron rodgers less than a week before the draft and technically we'll have #1 pick

Buddwalk said:
I think the 49ers will wrap up a deal with aaron rodgers less than a week before the draft and technically we'll have #1 pick

I agree. I don't see San Fran using the clock to decide who to take.

I think if Rodgers gets picked by San Fran. There could be a strong push from the Browns to trade up to the #2 spot for Smith. Everyone knows they need a QB and with Saban expressing loads of interest in Smith, they might panic and trade up for our pick so they can have Smith. Especially after that combine Smith had. That would leave us drafting #3 and probably a 2nd round pick this year and next. I would love that. With pick three I think Braylon Edwards would be in order. With 2nd round pick someone like Ciatrick Fason(especially if Ricky comes back). Loads of upside, and great size in the backfield. Then look for maybe support for weak Safeties we have.

If we get a 2nd for surtain, I could conceivably see us pick 2 safeties. Shazor with a KC 2nd round pick and Bullocks with our 3rd round pick. That would keep us set at FS for years. We would have a Vet to help out for a year or two with T-buck and Tillman is relatively unproven so that would help us out. Then look for us to draft for youthfull dept. Something like CB or DT. If McPherson is available we could draft him in the 4th round and pick CB like Ronald Bartrell in the 5th and a DT in 7th, or possibly earlier if we trade Zgonina for a 6th. Then look for DT in the 6th. Also I think Roby could be an option in the 2nd day as well. Lots of upside and speed to give away.

I know you are all probably thinking, Shazor and Bullocks. Well yes Shazor for SS. He is bigger and harder hitter. Bullocks for FS. Better hands sure tackler faster and can still bring the wood.

San Fran will use the clock, they will wait for there phone to ring but it wont!

As for Miami, they will use the clock aswell. I am sure there will be offers but think they will come from teams out of the top ten. To trade out of the top ten there better be some major compensation. Actually I would like to see us trade down twice, once from second to 5 -7 and then again into the 11 - 15 range. Think we could end up with a no.1 pick and a whole bunch of second and thirds.

We have to many holes to fill and no matter what one player wont do it. If no decent offers are made take a QB or a RB.

UltraDol-Fan said:
I don't think we will be able to trade out of the number 2 spot until during the draft and everyone sees who San Fran takes. No one is going to want to trade with us now, because if they want a certain player, there is always a chance that San Fran will take that player with the number 1 pick and then whoever traded with us may be in a postition of having no one there that they want.
You're right that was worth about 2 cents.

chub said:
San Fran will use the clock, they will wait for there phone to ring but it wont!

As for Miami, they will use the clock aswell. I am sure there will be offers but think they will come from teams out of the top ten. To trade out of the top ten there better be some major compensation. Actually I would like to see us trade down twice, once from second to 5 -7 and then again into the 11 - 15 range. Think we could end up with a no.1 pick and a whole bunch of second and thirds.

We have to many holes to fill and no matter what one player wont do it. If no decent offers are made take a QB or a RB.

I would like for us to trade down too. I just hope we can find the $$ for all those picks.

Back
Top Bottom