My #2 Pick Thoughts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My #2 Pick Thoughts

GCD960

Club Member
Reaction score
My thoughts on the 2nd pick:

<<<<<This is on the basis that Saban does not care what was put into this team before he arrived and Ricky has no input>>>>

We will not draft a RB. - Gordon was traded for b/c he has the potential to be a starting RB in the league. He will be given his shot this year. He will be given this shot b/c:

1. Linehans Offense does not need a stud RB
2. We are not making a run this year, an RB in the draft early next year can step in and help right away, if Lamar does not work out
3. He has potential to make an impact on offense

We will take an RB late.

If we do not trade down or aquire any more picks via trade:

Alex Smith

because:

1. Saban knows the importance of the QB position. He will not make the same mistake that others have made and not cover this position.
2. He knows that Gus can succeed in our offense, but for how long. If he drafts a QB now, he will be ready when Gus is done.
3. He knows nothing about AJ, sure he can watch film on him but is film enough. He will not take the chance of not having a backup if AJ does not workout.

If we aquire more picks (a 2nd rounder**A QB would be picked here, Cambell, Frye etc...)

Braylon Edwards

1. BPA
2. Linehans offense is setup for WRs. Cant have too many in his eyes
3. PLAYMAKER
4. Chambers-do we want just him as the superstar of the WRs. Playmaker who would blossom even more with someone to compliment him, 2 is better than 1.
5. Derrius showed suttin this year and not just "the catch", he was making plays before that, quite a few 3 down, tough catches, but who would be confident with him. 1 solid year does not earn you a spot and confidence from the coaches
6. Booker-Solid WR but for how much longer, is his heart in the game anymore. what did he show us last year for us to be fully confident with this guy

the lack of a second really messes us up...

we need;

1. QB-obvious reasons
2. RB-Depth
3. C-Seth stinks, can hadnot or st clair go back to this position?
4. DT-we are old and need depth there
5. S- we do not have much there at htis point, need depth
6. CB-we need depth

also but not a need at this point:
1. DE
2. LB
3. LT ( i know this is a great need but wont be looked at with this draft

we will not draft oline help this year. we have alot of young guys that HH is gonna look at before we use a draft pick.

I would love to get Braylon, but we need to trade down

FinsFanatic said:

<<<<<This is on the basis that Saban does not care what was put into this team before he arrived and Ricky has no input>>>>

We will not draft a RB. - Gordon was traded for b/c he has the potential to be a starting RB in the league. He will be given his shot this year. He will be given this shot b/c:

2. We are not making a run this year, an RB in the draft early next year can step in and help right away, if Lamar does not work out

We will take an RB late.

Alex Smith

because:

1. Saban knows the importance of the QB position. He will not make the same mistake that others have made and not cover this position.
2. He knows that Gus can succeed in our offense, but for how long. If he drafts a QB now, he will be ready when Gus is done.
3. He knows nothing about AJ, sure he can watch film on him but is film enough. He will not take the chance of not having a backup if AJ does not workout.

If we aquire more picks (a 2nd rounder**A QB would be picked here, Cambell, Frye etc...)

Braylon Edwards

1. BPA
3. PLAYMAKER
4. Chambers-do we want just him as the superstar of the WRs. Playmaker who would blossom even more with someone to compliment him, 2 is better than 1.
5. Derrius showed suttin this year and not just "the catch", he was making plays before that, quite a few 3 down, tough catches, but who would be confident with him. 1 solid year does not earn you a spot and confidence from the coaches
6. Booker-Solid WR but for how much longer, is his heart in the game anymore. what did he show us last year for us to be fully confident with this guy

we need;

1. QB-obvious reasons
2. RB-Depth
6. CB-we need depth

1. DE
2. LB

we will not draft oline help this year. we have alot of young guys that HH is gonna look at before we use a draft pick.

Why do you have us taking edwards with our 1st pick if we are able to get a 2nd rounder? but, you don't a WR under our "needs".

godfater21 said:
Why do you have us taking edwards with our 1st pick if we are able to get a 2nd rounder? but, you don't a WR under our "needs".

Also you say we don't need a stud RB in linhans system. but you say we need a RB for "depth". if we don't need a "stud" than Gordan, Minor, and Forsy. are good enough to be are bennett, smith, moore.

i think you don't know what your talking about and your just an alex smith homer.

godfater21 said:

I say Braylon because BPA

WR is not a need but you dont pass up the oppurtunity for the next TO

no need to get a WR with the 3,4,5, or 7th round, we have that talent level already with DT, Gilmore, Welker, Newsome, Bellamy

godfater21 said:
Also you say we don't need a stud RB in linhans system. but you say we need a RB for "depth". if we don't need a "stud" than Gordan, Minor, and Forsy. are good enough to be are bennett, smith, moore.

i think you don't know what your talking about and your just an alex smith homer.

you may have a point here....we may not pick a RB at all

i am not an Alex homer,

i stated that i would rather have braylon or trade down, and if it came to what i want, iw oudl take cambell as the QB

FinsFanatic said:

We will take an RB late.

Alex Smith

because:

Braylon Edwards

1. BPA
3. PLAYMAKER

we need;

1. QB-obvious reasons
2. RB-Depth
6. CB-we need depth

1. DE
2. LB

pshh...Braylon is overrated and so is ronnie brown...the pick should be alex smith or carnell williams

FinsFanatic said:
I say Braylon because BPA

WR is not a need but you dont pass up the oppurtunity for the next TO

no need to get a WR with the 3,4,5, or 7th round, we have that talent level already with DT, Gilmore, Welker, Newsome, Bellamy

TO didn't even come out in the 1st round. in fact if you go back to past drafts and compair the WR that came out in the top of round 1 to the WR than came out in the bottom half of round 1 through round 2. 9 out 10 of the WR selected later in the draft have had better careers than the "top" or "BPA" WRs in the draft. thats why i say stay away from edwards, and williams. look at some other WRs like Troy Williamson, Roddy White,Chris Henry(great size and speed i really like this guy), and J.R. Russell( remember the last Louisville WR we drafted Mark Clayton he is like him) i think any of those players will have better careers than edwards or williams.

burghPhinFan said:
sounds a bit contradictory don't you think? :confused:

i didnt have to say why he was brougt here, i just wanted to state that he has potential.

Saban wont look at him b/c he was brought here b/c of potential, but b/c he has some

As soon as someone claims that Lamar Grodon is the answer they lose me. The guy has done nothing with the Rams and has done nothing with us. He averaged less than two yards a carry for our Miami Dolphins.

fin-atic said:
As soon as someone claims that Lamar Grodon is the answer they lose me. The guy has done nothing with the Rams and has done nothing with us. He averaged less than two yards a carry for our Miami Dolphins.

I agree i don't think he is the answer given our draft spot and the players we could get. but saying he averaged less than 2 YPC for us last year is unfair since he didn't even get to play one full game for us before he got hurt.

FinsFanatic said:

Alex Smith

because:

dude.....look at what you just wrote there........Gordon has potential to be a starter in this league...Saban sees this and so we won't draft a RB.

but then.......

Saban doesn't know anything about Feeley (except maybe that he was traded for because he has the potential to be a starter in this league?) He can watch film, but film is not enough???? So how the hell does he know more about Gordon than he does about Feeley??? :shakeno:

Fact is....at this point Saban has to know more about Feeley than he does Gordon, because there is actual game film on Feeley. He played for our team and our coaching staff last year and I'm sure that Saban has tapped those resources to see how Feeley did in what we asked him to do. Gordon arrived days prior to the first game and then got hurt immediately.....so even our old coaching staff does know sh*t about him.

And don't anyone bring up what he did in St.Louis because a) it wasn't that impressive and b) I could average 5 ypc in that offense where they throw all day and the defense is surprised to see a run.

burger13 said:
And don't anyone bring up what he did in St.Louis because a) it wasn't that impressive and b) I could average 5 ypc in that offense where they throw all day and the defense is surprised to see a run.

You mean like the offense Linehan runs?

Back
Top Bottom