My #2 Pick Thoughts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My #2 Pick Thoughts

rafael said:
You mean like the offense Linehan runs?

He dosn't run a throw all day offense. He had a balanced attack in Minni and some Vikings fans complained he was too conservative in certain situations. He isn't Mike Martz my any means.

saves said:
He dosn't run a throw all day offense. He had a balanced attack in Minni and some Vikings fans complained he was too conservative in certain situations. He isn't Mike Martz my any means.

Minnesota's team stats last year were as follows...

552 pass attempts for an average of 8.6 yards per attempt
387 rush attempts for an average of 4.7 yards per attempt

St. Louis' team stats last year were as follows...

580 pass attempts for an average of 7.9 yards per attempt
381 rush attempts for an average of 4.3 yards per attempt

St. Louis attempted less than 2 passes more per game and attempted .3 of a carry less per game. Not much of a difference.

FinsFanatic said:
i didnt have to say why he was brougt here, i just wanted to state that he has potential.

Saban wont look at him b/c he was brought here b/c of potential, but b/c he has some

Feeley doesn't, in your opinion?

rafael said:
Minnesota's team stats last year were as follows...

552 pass attempts for an average of 8.6 yards per attempt
387 rush attempts for an average of 4.7 yards per attempt

St. Louis' team stats last year were as follows...

580 pass attempts for an average of 7.9 yards per attempt
381 rush attempts for an average of 4.3 yards per attempt

St. Louis attempted less than 2 passes more per game and attempted .3 of a carry less per game. Not much of a difference.

That was last year. In 2003...

Minnesota's team stats--
520 pass attempts at 8.02 per attempt
493 rushing attempts at 4.8 per carry

Last year they rotated running backs week to week due to many injuries at the position. what this shows is his ability to adjust to the players he has. something the old regime was sorely lacking. Seems his teams always have at least a threat of a running game, with a very high per attempt average.

Back
Top Bottom