My 2012 Off-Season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 2012 Off-Season

HC

Draft:
1. Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2. David DeCastro OG Stanford

- I think Luck would love that pick lol.
3-7. A possible #2 WR, and use the rest of the picks to help out the Defense.
Unless you can figure out how to get another 1st rd pick, there is no way we are getting DeCastro.

DeCastro is being projected as a late 1st round pick and the 33rd pick (1st pick of the 2nd round) is basically another 1st. Theres been players who have surprisingly dropped a few picks before. Point is, you never know, and if he doesnt drop, I would take Fleener, Luck would love that to, plus we need a ****ing TE! lol

HC
- Bill Cowher

Free Agent Signings:
1. Ben Grubbs OG
2. Jermichael Finley TE
3. Jared Gaither OT

Players to Keep:
1. Daniel Thomas HB
2. Reggie Bush HB
3. Charles Clay FB/TE
4. Brandon Marshall WR
5. Clyde Gates WR
6. Davone Bess WR
7. Jake Long LT
8. Mike Pouncey C
9. Vontae Davis CB
10. Sean Smith CB
11. Karlos Dansby ILB
12. Cameron Wake OLB
13. Jared Odrick DE
14. Kendall Langford DE
15. Paul Soliai DT or move Randy Starks back to DT
16. Yeremiah Bell SS
17. Dan Carpenter K
18. Brandon Fields P
- Sad to say that out of 53 players I would only keep 18 smh.

Draft:
1. Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2. David DeCastro OG Stanford
- I think Luck would love that pick lol.
3-7. A possible #2 WR, and use the rest of the picks to help out the Defense.

Depth Chart:

Offense
QB- Andrew Luck
HB- Daniel Thomas
Speed Back- Reggie Bush
FB- Charles Clay
WR- Brandon Marshall
WR- Clyde Gates
Slot Receiver- Davone Bess
TE- Jermichael Finley
TE- Charles Clay
LT- Jake Long
LG- Ben Grubbs
C- Mike Pouncey
RG- David DeCastro
RT- Jared Gaither

Defense
CB- Vontae Davis
CB- Sean Smith
Slot Corner- Draft
LOLB- Draft
ILB- Karlos Dansby
ILB- Draft
ROLB- Cameron Wake
LE- Kendall Langford
DT- Paul Soliai or Randy Starks
RE- Jared Odrick
SS- Yeremiah Bell
FS- Draft

Special Teams
K- Dan Carpenter
P- Brandon Fields
KR/PR- Reggie Bush
-Why not? its not like we cant risk him getting injured.

Would you be happy with this Off-season?

You had me at Andrew Luck.

I think CB is a postion we really need to upgrade this off season too. What FA CB's are out there ?

This team is in no position to be in the market for top Free Agents. The only playmakers we have acquired recently were no longer wanted by their teams. And in those cases we still overpayed. The prospect of playing with Luck (assuming we get him) could eventually hold some water, but right now I can't see any top playmaker deciding to become an afterthought to the league in South Florida. By the end of the year, players like Finley will probably have 16 reasons to sign elsewhere.

I think CB is a postion we really need to upgrade this off season too. What FA CB's are out there ?

CB is actually lower on the list for me. Smith and Davis aren't a bad duo. Jimmy Wilson had some ups and downs last game but held up real well considering the lack of a pass rush and a solid QB/WRs he was matched up with. I still think Nolan Carroll is gonna be a decent boundary CB going forward. You are really only missing the nickel CB, and worse comes to worse Will Allen probably can be resigned. I also wouldn't discount Brandon King on the PS.

It is an issue, but I see more pressing issues . . . alot of them.

CB is actually lower on the list for me. Smith and Davis aren't a bad duo. Jimmy Wilson had some ups and downs last game but held up real well considering the lack of a pass rush and a solid QB/WRs he was matched up with. I still think Nolan Carroll is gonna be a decent boundary CB going forward. You are really only missing the nickel CB, and worse comes to worse Will Allen probably can be resigned. I also wouldn't discount Brandon King on the PS.

It is an issue, but I see more pressing issues . . . alot of them.

I think the order should be QB , Oline , pass rusher, then secondary help.

I think the order should be QB , Oline , pass rusher, then secondary help.

Pretty much those are the big 3 for me as well. If you get the chance at a ballhawk FS in the draft, then yea I would take a look, but I guess I'm still under the impression that the Fins can live with Clemmons of 2010 (yet we haven't seen Clemmons on D damn near all year) more than living with the lack of pass rush, the holes at Guard and RT and obviously the QB. I also think TE is being a bit overstated, especially early in the draft. You get this team a solid oline and a solid QB, I'm willing to bet Fasano and Clay will be much more productive.

If the Fins can get a guy like Grubbs in FA then I probably go QB, RT, pass rushing OLB, OG as my top 4 picks in the draft (but mainly BPA after the QB) and see if I can grab Michael Griffin to play FS.

I saw some things from Nate Garner on Sunday that makes me feel he could start next year at LG for the Fins.

Pretty much those are the big 3 for me as well. If you get the chance at a ballhawk FS in the draft, then yea I would take a look, but I guess I'm still under the impression that the Fins can live with Clemmons of 2010 (yet we haven't seen Clemmons on D damn near all year) more than living with the lack of pass rush, the holes at Guard and RT and obviously the QB. I also think TE is being a bit overstated, especially early in the draft. You get this team a solid oline and a solid QB, I'm willing to bet Fasano and Clay will be much more productive.

If the Fins can get a guy like Grubbs in FA then I probably go QB, RT, pass rushing OLB, OG as my top 4 picks in the draft (but mainly BPA after the QB) and see if I can grab Michael Griffin to play FS.

I saw some things from Nate Garner on Sunday that makes me feel he could start next year at LG for the Fins.

Yea the running game sure improved with Garner starting.

Back
Top Bottom