my 3 draft jewels in the upcoming draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my 3 draft jewels in the upcoming draft

DParks

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Darnell hackney, the kid from lsu, eric winston, hacney because he reminds me of mcnair , or daunte cullpepper:)

I think Hackney is the 2nd best senior QB behind Leinart. He can make every throw and he's mobile. His only problem is that he's undersized but that doesn't seem to be stopping Drew Brees.

right so would u like to take him if jay cutler isn't there

DParks said:
Darnell hackney, the kid from lsu, eric winston, hacney because he reminds me of mcnair , or daunte cullpepper:)

what guy from LSU?

you are probably talking about LaRoy Landry... the saftey.

But IMO, Landry isnt even the jewel of LSU... Landry is nasty... but Cameron Vaughn OLB will be the diamond in the rough coming out of LSU... a true STEAL around the 3rd round... He will be a Crowder type steal...

Nasty said:
what guy from LSU?

you are probably talking about LaRoy Landry... the saftey.

But IMO, Landry isnt even the jewel of LSU... Landry is nasty... but Cameron Vaughn OLB will be the diamond in the rough coming out of LSU... a true STEAL around the 3rd round...

Is he good VAughn but if Saban chooses him they will think he will be like Spurrier taking his gator boys

how do you like the other 2, by the way im new

dominizzo said:
Is he good VAughn but if Saban chooses him they will think he will be like Spurrier taking his gator boys

I dont care what anyone thinks... :rolleyes:

Vaughn is a big quick OLB that would fit perfect in our defense... plus he knows the scheme already... With Seau out next year, he will be a GREAT pick...

DParks said:
right so would u like to take him if jay cutler isn't there

Sure, I think he's better than Cutler from what I saw. When I watched Cutler play (not much) he was leading his team to a comeback against the Gators but all he was really doing was throwing slants on every play, just using his arm strength to get the ball past the defenders... that won't happen in the NFL. When I watched Hackney play I saw him complete every pass consistently including the deep ball which I think he is very accurate at throwing. Hackney can also run if he has to, but you have to wonder how much of a disadvantage he is at since he is only about 6'1. Their aren't many good QBs at that height except for Vick and Brees, but Vick is a different type of QB as you know.

DParks said:
how do you like the other 2, by the way im new

I aint a big fan of Winston in the mid 1st where we will be picking... Like Dominizzo said... I would much rather a guy like Marcus McNiell...

and I like Hackney, I have seen him alot being in Conference USA... He would be a good project to get around the 3rd round... but he melted down vs. UCF and gave us the game...

oh... and welcome! :)

Back
Top Bottom