My analysis on QB situation... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My analysis on QB situation...

It speaks volumes that fans of our division opponents keep encouraging us to stick with Culpepper...

Our best option at quarterback for 2007 isn't on the roster yet. God willing, after April 28th, he will be.
Your sig friggin' kills me. It really does. Good work.

We can take any QB we want in the draft, and this team would suffer a losing season with him at QB right off the bat.
Really? Ask the Steelers how starting a rookie QB hurt them two years ago. And the Broncos will do well with the guy we should have had over that imbecile Culpepper, Jay Cutler. They and other teams build for the future - the Miami Dolphins collect other people's junk at the most important position on the team.

That's why we are one of the four worst teams in the NFL, the only four who have missed the playoffs every season for five years.

As to the Bills poster and others of his ilk, just because you screwed the pooch several times at a given position doesn't mean you stop trying to fix that position. I don't care how many draft picks we've traded away for other people's bums. I still want us to finally spend a quality pick on our own future.

The Pep over Brees decision may ultimately cost Saban his job in Miami. He chose Pep because of Dr's opinions, and guess what? We signed him to 2013 and will take a cap hit to let him go.
New Orleans on the other hand took Brees and signed him to a front loaded contract that, if his shoulder blew, they could cut him after one year with no pain. Brilliant.
If the Fins do that they still have Harrington as a backup with a KNOWN commodity starting at QB. Not some friggen 'X' factor in Pep.
So what has been displayed by our organization since the end of last season is a general lack of ingenuity at many levels. Saban throws around cliche's to try and divert peoples attentions from the facts. The fact is the fins screwed them selves, and mainly us fans, big time by choosing Pep over Brees.
No worries though, because Saban isn't upset about it.:tantrum:

If the Saints make it to the Super bowl & especially if they win it, Wayne's opinion of Saban will have to change...:eek:

give culpepper 1-2 more seasons, then you will know for sure what you have and can make a real decision about it.
As a Bills fan, no doubt you'd love for us to stick with Culpepper for two more years, just to find out if he's going to be any good.

So if he doesn't pan out then we can draft a QB in the 2009 draft. So we should be ready for that playoff run by 2011. By then Zach will be 38, JT will be 37, the rest of the defensive line will be grandfathers.

So many people saying we shouldn't draft a QB because it won't help next season. Well, if Culpepper ain't the answer, then not only is 2007 wasted, but so is 2008 since by then Saban (if he's still here) will have to finally draft a QB (unless some other team's QB suffers a serious injury before then and we can trade a high draft pick for him) and said QB would be a rookie in 2008.

Trade Joey to KC for Huard . Throw in another player (not a pick) to sweeten the deal. Or trade for Volek. Any of those 2 but Joey will suffice if Culppepper can't hack it.

I think Saban will draft one. DO NOT let Saban listen to Moolarkey or else you'll end up with Holcomb. :D

Forget abour brees. If you are talking about the fins QB situation, he simply does not exist.

Culpepper is the starting QB. Harrington is not. Harrington showed that he can do a few things this year, but also that he will lose you games. harrington is a good backup, but not a starter.

Lemon did ok in the few possessions he got this season. Since the fins have been eliminated from the playoffs, i think Lemon should be given 2 games to show what he can do, and what better defense to go up agenst than the jets. lemon will basically have 2 starts to prove he is better than harrington. Winning or losing the game doesnt matter at this point. how lemon throws and reads defenses is everything. if he makes accurate passes to the correct recievers based on the other teams defense, then he will take harringtons spot as the #2 QB next season.

the fins have to much invested in culpepper to just drop him. they did that to their last qb, they cant do it again. they have to see this one through.

the fins have tricked the fin fans into thinking culpeppers poor play was due to him playing before he was fully healed. (im still wondering why there isnt a huge outcry to fire someone for putting him in if he wasnt "healthy"). because of this, some still think he can return to what he used to be a few years back. ok. he will be slated as the #1 QB, and if he is "healthy" (IMO, meaning he can actually stand in the pocket and make a throw without having a panic attack :shakeno: ), then he will start.

Best case, Culpepper makes some good plays and starts all of next season.
Worst case, Culpepper doesnt return to what he was, and is benched (because he still isnt fully healed... o the lies continue...), and either harrington or lemon will start in his place next year.

Oh that's right JP gets half a decade to get his act together in Buffalo, but Joey gets 10 games in Miami!!

Oh that's right JP gets half a decade to get his act together in Buffalo, but Joey gets 10 games in Miami!!
Don't be stupid, JP has only started only 18 games . This is his 3rd year . I know you can't count . That's not half a decade.

Joey's been around longer. Besides, he wasn't talking about Losman. You're insecurities in getting more obvious. That's what you get for sticking your foot in your mouth is homer. You can run from your stupid posts, but you can't hide.

Don't be stupid, JP has only started only 18 games . This is his 3rd year . I know you can't count . That's not half a decade.

Joey's been around longer. Besides, he wasn't talking about Losman. You're insecurities in getting more obvious. That's what you get for sticking your foot in your mouth is homer. You can run from your stupid posts, but you can't hide.

Blitz would have said, "nearly half a decade"... he was clever Blitz was...

If the Saints make it to the Super bowl & especially if they win it, Wayne's opinion of Saban will have to change...:eek:

Right because having Reggie Bush, Devery Henderson, and Marques Colston, who was a 7th rounder that stepped up increadibly, would have nothing to do with them making the super bowl.

Forget abour brees. If you are talking about the fins QB situation, he simply does not exist.

Culpepper is the starting QB. Harrington is not. Harrington showed that he can do a few things this year, but also that he will lose you games. harrington is a good backup, but not a starter.

Lemon did ok in the few possessions he got this season. Since the fins have been eliminated from the playoffs, i think Lemon should be given 2 games to show what he can do, and what better defense to go up agenst than the jets. lemon will basically have 2 starts to prove he is better than harrington. Winning or losing the game doesnt matter at this point. how lemon throws and reads defenses is everything. if he makes accurate passes to the correct recievers based on the other teams defense, then he will take harringtons spot as the #2 QB next season.

the fins have to much invested in culpepper to just drop him. they did that to their last qb, they cant do it again. they have to see this one through.
Wow! A Jills fan with some sense......what gives???:confused2 ...

:smackhead I knew something had to be wrong....

the fins have tricked the fin fans into thinking culpeppers poor play was due to him playing before he was fully healed. (im still wondering why there isnt a huge outcry to fire someone for putting him in if he wasnt "healthy").
Yeah, those tricky Coaches.....:sidelol:
He was restricted in his mobility. There was no danger of him aggravating the injury. You mentioned Harrington's limitations earlier, so I'm sure that you can appreciate the dearth of options presented to the coaches.

because of this, some still think he can return to what he used to be a few years back. ok. he will be slated as the #1 QB, and if he is "healthy" (IMO, meaning he can actually stand in the pocket and make a throw without having a panic attack :shakeno: ), then he will start.

Best case, Culpepper makes some good plays and starts all of next season.
Worst case, Culpepper doesnt return to what he was, and is benched (because he still isnt fully healed... o the lies continue...), and either harrington or lemon will start in his place next year.
Who knows what will happen next year (we might draft, trade, FA).
Speaking of fools, however, how 'bout all those believers in Losman. The bubble will burst soon enough.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom