My apologies to Tua ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My apologies to Tua !

allsilverdreams

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I screamed for Joy when we drafted him. I bought his jersey that week and had to wait 6 months for it to be delivered.
I loved him at Bama and I'm a Gator fan.
Flores really screwed this kid up. Put handcuffs on him and the whole Watson debacle.Fitz takes over for Tua and we start winning.
Injuries were a concern and I never really thought that Tua was our future due to his concussions.
McDaniel has played to his strengths and now I see the true value in Tua. We can win with him.
So I apologize for not believing in Tua the last few years.

How Dare You Greta GIF

its good on you to recognize, his first two years he also dealt with the worse set of circumstances and surrounding players that could imagine.

his hill was steep to climb and he ****ing did and now only those who dont know how to evaluate the position are left to hate

Last edited:
I guess the real kudos goes to Grier/Ross for recognizing he was worth keeping on board and getting the coach (not a sure thing) to utilize his talent. We may not win it all but it's a fun time to be a Dolphin fan.

I’ve always been on board. Even during his rookie season with Flores, you could see the potential was there. When the offense went aggressive and no-huddle, you could see plenty of flashes. That was about the only time the Flores shackles came off and it seemed like Tua wasn’t overly cautious.

I was absolutely on board with drafting Tua with hurt hip and all.

I think when Tua reflects on his career one day, he’ll appreciate that he needed to go through the Flores years. The adversity hardened him. If you remember his first game against the Cardinals, he said in post game presser that he didn’t think the NFL was that hard. I thought whoa… big mistake to say that out loud 😂

Tua had to be humbled. Fact is he didn’t study his playbook with Flores like he does now. He learned to play QB on hard mode and get the ball out fast because he played with bad OLs, no running game, and WRs that couldn’t separate until they drafted Waddle.

Tua has changed into a professional with the drive to work on his craft in order to be great.

I think when Tua reflects on his career one day, he’ll appreciate that he needed to go through the Flores years. The adversity hardened him. If you remember his first game against the Cardinals, he said in post game presser that he didn’t think the NFL was that hard. I thought whoa… big mistake to say that out loud 😂

Tua had to be humbled. Fact is he didn’t study his playbook with Flores like he does now. He learned to play QB on hard mode and get the ball out fast because he played with bad OLs, no running game, and WRs that couldn’t separate until they drafted Waddle.

Tua has changed into a professional with the drive to work on his craft in order to be great.
I don’t agree with some of your assessment of Tua’s first two years

He was not developed correctly by a staff

He should not of played based on the injury his rookie year

Tua did not need to be humbled, he was already humble coming in and did not want to take over the job while Fitz was leading the team very well and winning games.

Respectfully, disagree about the injury. I’ve had the same hip surgery from dislocated hip. I posted early on during the injury that I’d still take Tua in a heartbeat, once he’s cleared of necrosis well before the draft, because he’ll be throwing by the draft and cleared for contact by week 1. That’s exactly what happened.

It’s scary at first because of potential risk to the femur blood supply and necrosis. However, once the surgery is successful, there’s no weight bearing early but after that, it’s essentially a bone injury that heals and it’s good. There’s not a lengthy rehab process like torn ligaments. That’s why Tua was cleared for all football activity in March 9th, two months before the draft, throwing with Dilfer, and looked fine well. I had rehab on range of motion and was running on it a few months later too. All the people that said he would be out a year or his arm strength was lost because of his hip have no idea.

Last edited:

Sarcastic GIF

Back
Top Bottom