My breakout team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My breakout team

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
The buzz around the league has been that San Deigo, Dallas, Cleveland, Buffalo, and Cincy have all had good offseasons and are all on their way up. I will not go in to why I think these teams are at least 2 years away, but I will comment on a team that I think may already be there, the Washington Redskins. They might have the best defense in the league in 2002, but deffinitly have the best LB core comming in to the year. Arrington, Trotter, and Armstead will more than make up for teh lack of a great pass rusher at DE. The they have a great tandom at CB. Bailey and Smoot could rival any tandom in the league at the postion. Throw in the argueably the best D-cordinator in football(Marvin Lewis)+ they get to play the Cowboys and Giants twice a year, and this defense will surely put up some good numbers. On the other side of the ball they deffinitly won't challenge the numbers Spurrier put up at Florida, but I don't think they will be half as bad as some might think. First off they have what every team wants in the backfeild, a stud who can run the ball 30+times a game, but yet catch it as well. Davis alone has the power to make this offense competitve. Alot of people bash Spurrier for going after Mathews and Weurfeul, but I think it was genius. Unlesss you played your college ball in Gainseville you have no idea what to expect out of a Spurrier coached offense. So not only did he grab 2 guys that already have a grasp on the offense, he grabbed 2 guys that can help his team adjust to the new style. As Billichick proved on defense in this league it doens't matter who you have on the feild if the game plan is far superrior, I think Spurrier may be able to do the same with this offense. I wouldn't say a SB is in their future, but a deffinite wild card, and they might challenge Philly for the division crown.

I don't know, their defense is bad and their o-line is worse.

i think the chiefs offence will be the most improved, i think trent green will wake up and use his weapons on offence. ...defence i think it will be us dolphins...some might say that hey we were no 1 in pass defence, well nobody had to pass after a can of running whoopass...this year is goin to be a whole helluvalot different...barring injury we should have the best all round defence in the league...

they got a major oline boost when they drafted McKinnie. There defense is much improved, still may not be top 10 but better than it has been in 5 years. Mixon, Bromell, Hovan. They have totaly revamped their Defense. Offense will still be Top 5-7 in the league. People think Culpepper was a one year wonder. This is very untrue! He's a complete beast! The ultimate competitor! DOLPHINS ALL THE WAY BABY!!

They payed some cash for Mixon and Bromell, but they weren't very good when playing with Taylor, Bowens, and Gardner I doubt they will be much better with out the quality around them. I think the Viking wasted some $.

Washington will breakout but it will be their defense that shines with the best linebacker corps in the league and Marvin Lewis as their defensive coordinator. Also having two very good cornerbacks including pro Bowler Champ Bailey helps. They will have a top 5 defense this season.

clear.gif
Washington

The Skins should go deep into the playoffs, but I don't think Suprier's NFL coaching career will be very successful.

BTW, Atlanta and Minnesota's offenses will both be top notch this year.

Back
Top Bottom