My definitive Authentic vs Knockoff Jersey thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My definitive Authentic vs Knockoff Jersey thread

JasonTyo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok so if you haven't seen my posts before, I own a real authentic Ronnie Brown jersey and I became aware of the internet konckoffs and was intrigued by the price. I ordered one, it was garbage so they sent me another for free. These are up close detailed comparison photos of the real authentic vs the good knockoff i received.

First things first the embroidery on the numbers:
realembroidery-1.jpg

This is a closeup of the REAL jersey

Now the Knockoff;
fakeembroidery-1.jpg

The Knockoff is not embroidered trim, i hope you can see what i tried to photograph, there is a piece of orange material sown in with the aqua and navy blue, The real jersey has orange embroidery around the aqua numbers, no piece of orange material

The NFL Players Patch:
This is the REAL Authentic, notice the NFL PA logo is multicolored.
realtag-1.jpg

realtagclose-1.jpg

Now The Knockoff:
The Knock off has the NFL PA logo in less colors
faketag-1.jpg

faketagclose-1.jpg

Now the Shoulder numbers.
Real Authentic: Embroidered orange trim around an aqua piece of material.
realshoulder-1.jpg

KnockOff: I think this shows their method the best, it is clearly three pieces of material, navy, orange, aqua, all stitched over eachother, not like the real authentic.
fakeshoulder-1.jpg

The last pics will be of the inside of the jersey, under the numbers.

REAL Authentic: the numbers have a heavy backing to keep their shape, I wear mine often so its starting to come off but you get the picture. You can also clearly see the orange embroidery.
realinside-1.jpg

Knockoff construction: no backing to the numbers, and you can see the outline of the three pieces of material.
fakeinside-1.jpg

Now hopefully this will shed some light on the knockoff internet jersey situation. All this said I'm actually very happy with the knockoff in these photos, for the price its great and only a nerd like me will see these details from a distance.
I just want this to be a reference to all the scammers trying to sell knockoffs at $100+. I do have some more comparison photos if anyone wants to see them.

Man thanks for the close ups..

The zig zag stitching is a dead give away

very cool. I think when I get some extra cash I will snag one, can you tell me where you got the knockoff the jerseys, (www.weiketrade.com) found from your post before. right? thanks

Another dead giveaway and i feel is the biggest eyesore is the shiny letters on the knock offs.
clear.gif

But like i said in many previous posts that i dont have a problem with people wearing these jerseys; just only when they claim to be the real deal. Just hope no one spends more than 30 bucks on these jerseys.

wrong...

Actually, I'm going to say that the guy who made this post is the one with the fake jersey. Take a look at this video from NFLSHOP.COM, and tell me if his "authentic" brown jersey looks anything like the jerseys in this video

http://www.nflshop.com/graphics/media/nfl/NFL_Authentic_Final.mov

So unless you got that jersey off of Ronnie Brown's back, I don't see how it can be considered real.

You forgot one comparison...AAuthentic Jersey about $285 plus shipping. Knock off $25 plus shipping. I can live with orange stitching for that savings. I have a site I buy from www.nflnhlshop.com and could not be happier. Throwbacks, Orange jerseys, etc. etc. even Miami Heat James. All for less than one "authentic" jersey.

You forgot one comparison...AAuthentic Jersey about $285 plus shipping. Knock off $25 plus shipping. I can live with orange stitching for that savings. I have a site I buy from www.nflnhlshop.com and could not be happier. Throwbacks, Orange jerseys, etc. etc. even Miami Heat James. All for less than one "authentic" jersey.

Oh dont get me wrong, i love what i got for the money. Im going to be buying more soon. I just wanted to show people the difference.

On another note no one has to believe me but the ronnie brown i have is a real $300 authentic. its obvious in person. I just wanted to be informative for other fans so they know what theyre getting for the money either way they decide to go.

Thanks for the post. Anyone trying to prevent people getting ripped off is always a good thing.

One day I hope to have the money to get an Authentic jersey, or at least I hope my wife will get the hint. Until then my $30 knockoff jersey that smells like gasoline will have to do.

i agee i was thinking the same thing when i saw his pics

No which site has the better quality knockoffs? I'm trying to get one before the Jets game

EDIT: Also, how do the knockoffs fit? Are they too tight, too big, or what? In the non embroidered jerseys from like Sports Authority I wear a Large.

IMO, both of those jersey's are fake. The OP may have paid $300 for the 'real' one, but I think he was ripped off.

I have to point out that the older authentic jerseys have a zigzag stitch on them, and there is no backing like yours has. I have an older authentic that my wife got me from the pro shop, along with a fake. The first thing that shows it is fake are the shiny numbers, and if you hold up the embroidered logos next to each other there are a lot of differences. All I know is that whenever I go to a bar to watch the game I don't have to worry about spilling something on the fake because it wasn't that much.

I bought a authentic from davie last year and the numbers did not have backing

if you really want to know how to spot a fake go to this site http://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com/. great resource for a jersey collector, i learned alot there. it looks to me that both jerseys are fakes. the stitching is all wrong on the first jersey. a real dolphins jersey has 3 layers of fabric forming the numbers, not 2 layers with orange embroidered on one of layer. also the hem tag appears to be a fake.

This is a authentic hem tag from a 2005-2006 jersey. Notice how much thicker the lines are on the football player and the color of "PLAYERS INC". the r and e's in reebok look wrong and the reebok "vector" looks badly stitched. also look how flat the hem tag is compared to the fake.

REAL 2005-2006
0506hemtag-1.jpg

FAKE 2005-2006
realtag-1.jpg

on the second jersey the layering looks right, but the stitching is wrong.

this is how the stitching should look. should be more stitches and tighter.

clear.gif

the second jersey has a hem tag from 2008-to present jersey. the hem tag is also wrong.
some tells are on the football player. this is a little chart for seeing the differences.
Realfakenflpalogo1-1.jpg

another tell is there is no space in between "NFLPLAYERS".

REAL 2007
Evanshem1-1.jpg

REAL 2008-present
clear.gif

FAKE 2008-present. no space between nflplayers, no angled butt on the player, straight leg, helmet stitched to thick in the back.
faketagclose-1.jpg

Attachments

• Realfakenflpalogo-1.jpg
    Realfakenflpalogo-1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Evanshem1.jpg
    Evanshem1.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom