My Dolphin Diary 5/05 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Dolphin Diary 5/05

vinivedivichi

So you're telling me there's a chance...
Reaction score
  1. It's been a week, but I have accepted our draft - and I even appreciate it.
  2. Tedd Ginn was the right choice for us. Internally I couldn't help but wonder why we picked a receiver when we were sure to have one of the 5 or 6 highly rated receivers fall to us in the second. The answer, which is clear now, is that Ginn is an instant gamebreaker. Had we drafted Meachem or Bowe or Jarrett, what would be the difference between those guys and the guys currently on our roster? Not much. Ginn gives us an element we sorely need.
  3. John Beck is a risk, but so would Brady Quinn have been. If you do some research on Beck you will see that he shows traits that many NFL quarterbacks don't have. Although there was a lot of talk about Brady Quinn being the most NFL ready quarterback, he trails behind Beck in almost all the intangibles you look for, and he's a better passer. Why was he rated lower than Quinn? N-O-T-R-E D-A-M-E
I look at the moves we have made and it's hard not to be optimistic. I may be looking at our roster through orange and teal colored glasses, but I am beginning to like what I see. For the first time in a long time, I see a wide receiver corp that is well rounded - we have a couple of guys that can beat you deep (Chambers, Ginn), and a couple of guys that can work the middle (Booker, Hagan). If we get Ricky back, the RB position is an obvious strength. As has been the case since Dan retired, our major question is at QB, but for the first time in a long time I like our long term prospects at the position and if we get Green we are solid for this year. Although I still think our offensive line is a work in progress, I like the fact that we seem to have some young depth and some versatility.

The defense should be solid as always. Porter gives us that real pass rush threat opposite JT we haven't had since Wally was traded, and Capers is an excellent coordinator. We should expect to see better play from the secondary after a year of playing together.

I'm hesitant to say this, but I think we have the potential to surprise some people. The defense will be above average as always, and we finally seem to have some weapons on offense coupled with a guy who has shown that he knows how to use them. If we can merely be average on offense I think we will surprise some people. Super Bowl? Probably not, but the 9-7, 10-6 range is not out of the question. I think, even with a tough schedule, we will make some real strides this year. More importantly, us fans won't have to sit through any more unbearable offensive performances.

Don't forget Cpep may come back and if he did look out.
Major problem OL.

Back
Top Bottom