My Dolphins Draft 2006 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Dolphins Draft 2006

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Let me know what you think.

Dolphins trade their First Round Pick (16th overall) to the New York Giants for their First Round Pick (25th overall), their 2nd pick (56th overall) and their 5th round pick. Giants grab either Greenway or Sims.

ROUND 1

Ashton Yobouty, CB, Ohio State

THE Ohio State University has produced some excellent CBs, and this kid has the combination of speed and size.

ROUND 2

Davin Joseph, G, Oklahoma

ROUND 3

Kai Parham, LB, Virginia

ROUND 4

Mike Hass, WR, Oregon State

ROUND 5

Marcus Hudson, S, NC State

ROUND 7A

Domata Peko, DT, Michigan State

ROUND 7B

Melvin Oliver, DE, LSU

ROUND 7C

Tarvaris Jackson, QB, Alabama State

That trade won't happen. The 16th pick is worth 1000 points. The trade you speculate is worth 1089. And why would the Giants move up? They can allow a linebacker to come to them - Demeco Ryans, Bobby Carpenter, etc.

Joseph goes higher than 56.

Kai Parham hasn't run under 5 seconds in his workouts (maybe he ran a 4.97). He's a 6th/7th rounder. If Miami takes a 7th round QB, look for it to be Justin Holland.

Boomer said:
That trade won't happen. The 16th pick is worth 1000 points. The trade you speculate is worth 1089. And why would the Giants move up? They can allow a linebacker to come to them - Demeco Ryans, Bobby Carpenter, etc.

Joseph goes higher than 56.

Kai Parham hasn't run under 5 seconds in his workouts (maybe he ran a 4.97). He's a 6th/7th rounder. If Miami takes a 7th round QB, look for it to be Justin Holland.

Didnt have a copy of the value chart, was just speculating really... is 89 points really that great a difference? In terms of why they would trade up, it would be under the assumption that one of the OLBs they like more than others- Sims or Greenway- would be available and guaranteed. Just sort of throwing it out there, as depending on how the draft falls a number of teams could be interested in moving up.

I didnt realize Parham has worked out so poorly- I thought he was known as a solid blitzer, so his poor speed is surprising. In that case, he would be a solid choice in the 7th round.

89 points is about the 6th pick in the 4th round, so yeah, it's quite a lot.

not the biggest fan of Youboty, but Haas in the 4th would be an absolute steal, doubt he'll be there.

I love the Joseph pick, great guard who will start for 10 years. I also like the Haas pick in the 4th. I hope the Giants like Sims that much. I would take Mangold with the 25th.

Back
Top Bottom