My Dolphins Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Dolphins Mock

FinPhan54

Basement Dweller
Club Member
Reaction score
I've been working on this and tweaking it for months now, really not wanting to put it out until it is something good. So without further ado, here we go.

I genuinely see us trading down. I think that between Minnesota at 18, Houston at 23, and Indianapolis at 26 we will have some options. Minnesota has been a popular destination in mock trades, however with 2 picks in the top 80 I see it difficult to piece together. Houston has a good opportunity to come up and get an OL, however I think Indianapolis offer to come up and get the DL they want ahead of the a lot of teams outweighs the slightly inflated cost of moving up 13 slots.

Miami Dolphins trade picks 13 and 116 to Indianapolis for picks 26, 34 and a 2020 2nd round pick.

26. Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson -
If there were Vegas odds for the Dolphins first round pick, I think the category "Clemson defensive lineman" will be ranked as the highest odds and then a QB. It just makes too much sense. In this version, the top 4 QB's are gone at this point (Murray 1, Haskins 6, Lock 11, Jones 15 for those keeping score) and with the trade down we get to fill a huge void in our defense for the foreseeable future. Keep in mind, 3 of Belichick's first 4 1st round picks were interior DLineman, with the 4th being Vince Wilfork. Look for Christian Wilkins or Dexter Lawrence to be the pick in the event of a trade down.

34. Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College - First things first, in the event that Lindstrom has been taken by this point in the draft (which he hasn't) the pick will be one either Dalton Risner or Erik McCoy. Lindstrom, like Lawrence is a safe plug and play guy that will fill his role at guard for the next 10-12 years. He is a smart, New England type player who our coaching staff will fall in love with the opportunity to work with.

Miami Dolphins trade pick 48 to Philadelphia for picks 53 and 127.

53. Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas -
Philadelphia saw a guy they wanted, and had 2 4ths to play with so we gladly take one of them to move down. This pick came down to 3 guys - Omenihu, Chase Winovich and LJ Collier. To me, Omenihu offers the most versatility in this new hybrid scheme, and can really be an anchor on the outside for us. I think there is a very likely chance we still add more outside help in this draft, as well. Side note that if Erik McCoy is the pick at 34, this pick likely changes to a guard like Michael Deiter.

78. Amani Hooker, SS, Iowa - With Reshad getting up in age, and TJ likely being more of a hybrid linebacker, I see Hooker as a guy that is going to fit in very well next to Minkah. Hooker is solid in coverage, while definitely having the skillset to play in the box. I think this is a homerun pick here and he is someone I am targeting near the end of day 2. Khalen Saunders was the other guy at this spot that I considered.

127. Lamont Gaillard, C, Georgia - Gaillard is quickly turning into one of my favorite prospects in the draft. If we miss out on McCoy/Jenkins, I think that there is even a chance we take Gaillard at 78. I think he has the ability to come in and compete for a starting spot on Day 1. If any of you are following along to the alternate timeline in which we took Erik McCoy at 34, this pick is either one of the Oklahoma guards or a DL like Ben Banogu.

151. John Cominsky, DE, Charleston - Tough, smart football player who would be gone by the end of day 2 if he played against bigger competition. He reminds me a lot of Anthony Nelson who in this rendition was a 3rd round pick, and I think at WORST he turns into a special teams ace. Maxx Crosby and Jordan Brailford are the alternates to this pick.

233. Easton Stick, QB, North Dakota State - Still available here in this draft board I followed, I decided to scoop our future backup QB. You could also make a serious case for Brett Rypien here, but I think the winning pedigree that Stick represents will overpower anything else.

234. Tony Pollard, RB, Memphis - Quick twitch - very versatile player with the ability to play RB and WR which will give him the opportunity to make the roster.

I personally would love that draft even though I don’t think Lawrence is the pick in Round 1, we just have so many DT/NT’s (7) on the roster now.

Swap Lawrence for a RT like Cody Ford and I’m all in!

Back
Top Bottom