My Draft Dream | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Draft Dream

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
To trade Surtain to maybee the Vikings for their 2nd round pick. That pick would be in the top 10, and it would also clear about 3 mill forthe cap. I say Surtain because I trully think he is overrated. When Sam was out for 2 games he got his but handed to him by Harrison and Moulds. He also leads the league in pass interference penalties. This trade would allow us to get both a guard and a Tackle or a DT if 1 of the big names slip. I also would love to see Miami dump Bownes and use the extra $ to go after Kreutz the center of the Bears that will be a free agent at the end of the season.

Surtain for a second rounder?? Are you kidding? He may be overrated but he is still one of the best CBs in the game, and without him, our secondary would be a lot worse.

Surtain is not overrated, and I wouldn't take anything less then a first and third round pick for him.

Surtain is not overrated, and I wouldn't take anything less then a first and third round pick for him.

Surtain is a little overrated, but he isn't worth anything less than a first and a third rounder. And that first rounder would have to be a high pick. He is still one of the best corners in the game.

You all are crazy! A sought after starting qb is a mid first round pick in trade, and you think we could get a 1st and a 3rd for a #2 cb, that has 1 int and leads the league in pass interfearence calls. The fact is Pat is good against most teams #2 wr, but gets humiliated when he plays against their #1(i.e. Moulds and Harrison.) I like him, but I don't think he warrants a 4 mill a year contract. I would be happy to get a top 10 2nd rounder. Especialy in this years draft. The top 15 guys that will be taken this year could easy go in the first round in most drafts.

This whole defense is being paid a lot of money and not living up to expectations. Let me tell you a little about Pat Surtain. This guy plays the slot when the offensive team goes to a three WR set...do you know why? It's because he has such good technique that he can go left or right. Liken it to an offensive tackle who can play both LT and RT, and play both really well.

Most corners get used to playing on one side of the field, Surtain can be put anywhere. Madison almost always plays on the left side, and almost never plays in the slot.

Also you can't sit there and tell me that Brett Favre, or Peyton Manning wouldn't command a first and third, if not more, in a draft pick trade. I realize that Surtain is not a QB, but he is one of the best CB's in the league, top 5 for sure. Yes he has had some issues this season, but no one in our defense is intercepting a ton of passes. You have to go back and really find out who was covering Harrison, because a lot of the times they will double team him with Cousin, and Marion, or Walker.

I wouldn't trade him, unless of course Fletcher is making HUGE strides.

No way is Pat in the top 5 of the nfl corners! A list C. Woodson, Champ Bailey, Sam Madison, Shawn Springs, Bobby Taylor. Pat is versatile and a good tackaler, but he can not shut down the top wrs in the game man to man like the above can. I wasn't talking about guy like Peyton and Farve becasue they would never ever be traded. I was talking about Green and Hasslebach. I know neither of them had great sucsess this season, but alomost every team that wanted a new qb this off season wanted thease guys as their starter. I love Pat don't get me wrong, but how important is having 2 good corners, when your d-line and lbs aren't getting it done? Add to that we used a first round pick on a corner last year. We need to clear some cap space to help both lines. Bowens will definitly be expendable, but instead of just dropping like 5 more players I would rather see us let go of 1 good player who may be making to much dough, and get something in return, like a first or second round pick.

Green and Hasselbeck were both backups last year, and Hasselbeck never even played in a full game. Also, Green and Hasselbeck have sucked so far this year. Surtain may not be a top 5 corner, but he is certainly top 10.

Sorry but thats no dream thats a nightmare!!!!:eek:

No way no how,Surtain maybe be a lil overrated but he can cover any 2nd WR out there,give him a Yr or 2 and see then were hes at.

RD 2 pick! you gotta be kiddin me!:mad:

Drug Addict

Surtain is more valuable than Madison. No way we trade him for anything short of Jesus.

Dream about something else you crack head.

Surtain is more valuable than Madison. No way we trade him for anything short of Jesus.

Madison is way more valuable, as he is the best corner in the league. Surtain is very valuable though, and having him and Madison on the same team makes both of them even better than if it was one of them and Jamar Fletcher. Having two good corners makes coverage better on two wideouts.

just because

he doesn't have a high number of INT's,doesn't mean he isn't doing his job.More INT's would be nice, but I don't think we should ruin our great secondary.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Madison is way more valuable, as he is the best corner in the league. Surtain is very valuable though, and having him and Madison on the same team makes both of them even better than if it was one of them and Jamar Fletcher. Having two good corners makes coverage better on two wideouts.

Thank you for taking care of that. Let all the crackhead comments poor in, but what you guys are failing to see is our salary cap issue. We all want both line of scrimages better next season, we want an OLB that will make some plays, aparently we will probably need to sign at least 1 rb. Yes we can drop Bowens and his 6 mill cap #, but we will get hit w/some of that due to signing bonuses(I'm not sure how much he will count against it if he isn't a Dolphin.) Then we have to sign our draft picks witch will take most of the Bowens $. I think we all know that Jay will be back next season so it will probably cost at least 2 mill for him. So bottom line if we want to sign any free agents we have to let go of someone on defense who is getting to much dough. what do you guys is more important being able to shut down the #2 wr or getting preasure on the qb? Or shutting down the #2 wr or protecting the qb and supporting our running game w/ a good o-line. We will need help on the o-line at atleast 2 postions, and the same goes for d-line. Do you guys really think we can majicly do that in the draft w/no 2nd round pick? I know it isn't popular, but would you rather see Sam, Jayson, or Zach hit the road?

Yeah but Surtain is getting 4 million a year which is a good price for him. He is worth a 1st and 3rd rounder, easily. A lot of teams would easily take him for a 1st rounder. If we dealt Surtain, our pass defense, which is our stength, would be dramatically weaker. A better solution is getting rid of Gardener or Bowens, preferably Gardener.

Ok Surtain is worth a first round pick. but we still need to trade him. If we let Bowens and Gardener go where do we sign 2 DTs that will be better than this years group? No good DTs in FA. Do you know what would make our pass defense twice as good as this season's? A PASS RUSH! Do you know what would make our whole defenses better? IF WE COULD STOP THE RUN!

Back
Top Bottom