My Dream Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Dream Offseason

Mulverizer19

Scout Team
Reaction score
Free Agency:

-Vince Wilfork NT- Will be expensive but would be a HUGE addition to this defense. I think this should be one of our only big free agent moves. Paul Soliai would also be a solid backup.

-Possibly go after Kirk Morrison (MLB Oakland Raiders) if they don't resign him. He's a solid tackler unlike some of the LB's we have right now. He's also got the size the trifecta looks for (6'2" 240 lbs.). Derrick Johnson (MLB Kansas City Chiefs) is another possibility if we can't get Morrison.

-Resign Jason Taylor to a one-year extension- We need him as a solid starter at OLB in case Cameron Wake still hasn't fully developed.

-I don't think we should resign Ronnie Brown. I love him but he's 28 years old and would be pretty expensive. He's also injury prone. In my opinion, solid running backs aren't too hard to find these days and we could take one in the draft. We have Ricky Williams for next season and Lex Hilliard and Patrick Cobbs are solid backups.

Draft:

1st Round- Golden Tate WR Notre Dame- He's a great wide receiver with amazing hands and makes amazing plays. He's only been a wide receiver for a couple years after switching from running back so he's somewhat raw, but he's got tons of potential. Doesn't shy away from hits like Ted Ginn, he seems to love contact.

2nd Round- Garrett Graham TE Wisconsin- Kind of reminds me of Dallas Clark. He's got solid hands and I think Henne would love to have a guy like this on the offense.

3rd Round- Montario Hardesty RB Tennessee- He may be taken earlier than this but if he's available in the third round we should take him. He's a very elusive and quick runner and would be a great complement to Ricky Williams and could be our future starter. He's also very durable. Carried the ball 39 times for 179 yards in Tennessee's last game against Kentucky.

4th Round- Cameron Sheffield OLB Troy- Good size (6'2" 248 lbs.) and 10 tackles for loss and 6 sacks in 2009. May be a project but he has a lot of potential.

5th Round- Kendrick Lewis S Ole Miss- We need more depth at safety considering Gibril Wilson sucks and we need players that can tackle. In 2008 Lewis had 85 tackles and 4 interceptions.

6th Round- Dennis Landolt OL Penn State- Played offensive tackle in college but could play guard in the NFL. He has the size (6'4" 306 lbs.) to play either positions and would provide good depth on the offensive line.

7th Round- Kyle Williams WR/KR Arizona State- If we get rid of Ted Ginn we need someone to take over kick return duties.

Coaching Changes:

-I think our Defensive Coordinator Paul Pasqualoni needs to be fired considering how awful the defense has played in the past few games along with how terrible they have been in the 4th quarter for most of the season. Romeo Crennel would be a great hire to take over the defense next season and he has a strong relationship with Bill Parcells.

-I think it's time for Dan Henning to retire. He's been a pretty average offensive coordinator. I really think we should keep the same playbook and hire someone already on the coaching staff to take over next season so it doesn't slow down Henne's development. Maybe QB coach David Lee could take over since Henne seems pretty comfortable with him. Wide Receiver's coach Karl Dorrell is also another possibility.

Let me know what you guys think...

Not going to get wilfork lb's would be a great upgrade but horrible draft!!!

say no to Golden Tate We have 3 guys in that same mold I want a big physical receiver.Morrison would be nice.We wont get Wilfork.Hardesty will never be there in the 3rd besides that everything else is nice

I would prefer Karlos Dansby to Morrison, assuming neither is franchise-tagged.

I dont really like the draft at all, also, we have 2 6th and 2 7th rounders but no 5th ***
I would prefer a draft like this

Trade ronnie for a 2nd

1st- Dez Bryant, WR
2nd- Marvin Austin, NT
2nd- Ricky Sapp, OLB
3rd- Toby Geheart, RB
4th- Jimmy Graham, TE
6th- Myron Rolle
6th- Brandon James, KR/PR
7th- ?????
7th- ?????

Sign Karlos Dansby and Antonio Bryant + new coordinators

I would prefer Karlos Dansby to Morrison, assuming neither is franchise-tagged.

Dansby can not be tagged again as I believe he has been tagged twice already. But I wonder how the transition tag would affect him. Can that tag be given to him even though he can not be franchised?? All it would do would allow the Cardinals to match any offer made on him but does Dansby get to decide on which team he wants to choose??

Back
Top Bottom